Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: COP8
Description: Proteasome component (PCI) domain protein
Alias: ATS4, CONSTITUTIVE PHOTOMORPHOGENIC 14, CONSTITUTIVE PHOTOMORPHOGENIC 8, COP14, COP9 SIGNALOSOME SUBUNIT 4, CSN4, EMB134, EMBRYO DEFECTIVE 134, FUS4, FUS8, FUSCA 4, FUSCA 8, MBD2.17, MBD2_17, Proteasome component (PCI) domain protein
Species: thale cress
- Wang X, Li W, Piqueras R, Cao K, Deng X, Wei N. Regulation of COP1 nuclear localization by the COP9 signalosome via direct interaction with CSN1. Plant J. 2009;58:655-67 pubmed publisher..This study advances our understanding of COP1 localization, and the molecular interactions between COP1 and CSN. ..
- Spoel S, Mou Z, Tada Y, Spivey N, Genschik P, Dong X. Proteasome-mediated turnover of the transcription coactivator NPR1 plays dual roles in regulating plant immunity. Cell. 2009;137:860-72 pubmed publisher..These in vivo data demonstrate dual roles for coactivator turnover in both preventing and stimulating gene transcription to regulate plant immunity. ..
- Kim T, Kim B, Yahalom A, Chamovitz D, von Arnim A. Translational regulation via 5' mRNA leader sequences revealed by mutational analysis of the Arabidopsis translation initiation factor subunit eIF3h. Plant Cell. 2004;16:3341-56 pubmed
- Wang X, Kang D, Feng S, Serino G, Schwechheimer C, Wei N. CSN1 N-terminal-dependent activity is required for Arabidopsis development but not for Rub1/Nedd8 deconjugation of cullins: a structure-function study of CSN1 subunit of COP9 signalosome. Mol Biol Cell. 2002;13:646-55 pubmed..We conclude that CSN1 N-terminal domain is not required for the Rub1/Nedd8 deconjugation activity of cullins, but contributes to a significant aspect of CSN functions that are essential for plant development. ..
- Suzuki G, Yanagawa Y, Kwok S, Matsui M, Deng X. Arabidopsis COP10 is a ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme variant that acts together with COP1 and the COP9 signalosome in repressing photomorphogenesis. Genes Dev. 2002;16:554-9 pubmed..Our data indicates that COP10 defines a possible E2 activity, thus validating the working hypothesis that the pleiotropic COP/DET/FUS group of proteins defined a protein ubiquitination pathway. ..
- Paz Aviram T, Yahalom A, Chamovitz D. Arabidopsis eIF3e interacts with subunits of the ribosome, Cop9 signalosome and proteasome. Plant Signal Behav. 2008;3:409-11 pubmed..These interactions mesh well with our recent results which showed that eIF3e is degraded in a CSN-dependent, proteasome-dependent fashion, and inhibits translation when present in excess. ..
- Karniol B, Chamovitz D. The COP9 signalosome: from light signaling to general developmental regulation and back. Curr Opin Plant Biol. 2000;3:387-93 pubmed..The COP9 complex is essential for animal development. The COP9 signalosome may have both an evolutionary and a physical relationship with both the regulatory lid of the proteasome and eIF3. ..
- Wang X, Feng S, Nakayama N, Crosby W, Irish V, Deng X, et al. The COP9 signalosome interacts with SCF UFO and participates in Arabidopsis flower development. Plant Cell. 2003;15:1071-82 pubmed..We conclude that CSN is an essential regulator of Arabidopsis flower development and suggest that CSN regulates Arabidopsis flower development in part by modulating SCF(UFO)-mediated AP3 activation. ..
- Nakasone A, Fujiwara M, Fukao Y, Biswas K, Rahman A, Kawai Yamada M, et al. SMALL ACIDIC PROTEIN1 acts with RUB modification components, the COP9 signalosome, and AXR1 to regulate growth and development of Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2012;160:93-105 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that SMAP1 is involved in the auxin response and possibly in other cullin-RING ubiquitin ligase-regulated signaling processes via its interaction with components associated with RELATED TO UBIQUITIN modification. ..
- Dohmann E, Levesque M, De Veylder L, Reichardt I, Jurgens G, Schmid M, et al. The Arabidopsis COP9 signalosome is essential for G2 phase progression and genomic stability. Development. 2008;135:2013-22 pubmed publisher..In summary, our data suggest that Arabidopsis csn mutants undergo DNA damage, which might be the cause of the delay in G2 cell cycle progression...