Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: COL1
Description: CONSTANS-like 1
Alias: ATCOL1, B-box domain protein 2, BBX2, CONSTANS-like 1, F14F8.230, F14F8_230, CONSTANS-like 1
Species: thale cress
- Kim S, Park H, Jang Y, Lee J, Kim J. The sequence variation responsible for the functional difference between the CONSTANS protein, and the CONSTANS-like (COL) 1 and COL2 proteins, resides mostly in the region encoded by their first exons. Plant Sci. 2013;199-200:71-8 pubmed publisher..To investigate the structural basis for the functional differences between CO, COL1, and COL2 in flowering, we performed domain-swapping between CO, COL1, and COL2, and site-directed mutagenesis on ..
- K M, Laxmi A. DUF581 is plant specific FCS-like zinc finger involved in protein-protein interaction. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e99074 pubmed publisher..Using a combination of bioinformatic and protein-protein interaction tools, we identified that FLZ domain is involved in protein-protein interaction. ..
- Imaizumi T, Schultz T, Harmon F, Ho L, Kay S. FKF1 F-box protein mediates cyclic degradation of a repressor of CONSTANS in Arabidopsis. Science. 2005;309:293-7 pubmed..CDF1 and CO are expressed in the same tissues, and CDF1 binds to the CO promoter. Thus, FKF1 controls daily CO expression in part by degrading CDF1, a repressor of CO transcription. ..
- Mikkelsen M, Thomashow M. A role for circadian evening elements in cold-regulated gene expression in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2009;60:328-39 pubmed publisher..the role of EE and EE-like (EEL) elements in cold-induced expression of two Arabidopsis genes, CONSTANS-like 1 (COL1; At5g54470) and a gene encoding a 27-kDa protein of unknown function that we designated COLD-REGULATED GENE 27 (..
- He Y, Chung E, Hubert D, Tornero P, Dangl J. Specific missense alleles of the arabidopsis jasmonic acid co-receptor COI1 regulate innate immune receptor accumulation and function. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1003018 pubmed publisher..Together, our data demonstrate a role for COI1 in disease resistance independent of JA signaling and provide a molecular link between the JA and NB-LRR signaling pathways. ..
- Fukamatsu Y, Mitsui S, Yasuhara M, Tokioka Y, Ihara N, Fujita S, et al. Identification of LOV KELCH PROTEIN2 (LKP2)-interacting factors that can recruit LKP2 to nuclear bodies. Plant Cell Physiol. 2005;46:1340-9 pubmed..of LKP2, yeast two-hybrid screening was performed using LKP2 as bait, and two interaction factors, Di19 and COL1, were isolated...
- Zhu D, Maier A, Lee J, Laubinger S, Saijo Y, Wang H, et al. Biochemical characterization of Arabidopsis complexes containing CONSTITUTIVELY PHOTOMORPHOGENIC1 and SUPPRESSOR OF PHYA proteins in light control of plant development. Plant Cell. 2008;20:2307-23 pubmed publisher..This study thus provides an in-depth biochemical view of the SPA-COP1 E3 ligase complexes and offers new insights into the molecular basis for their distinct roles in the light control of plant development. ..
- Feng S, Ma L, Wang X, Xie D, Dinesh Kumar S, Wei N, et al. The COP9 signalosome interacts physically with SCF COI1 and modulates jasmonate responses. Plant Cell. 2003;15:1083-94 pubmed..Furthermore, we showed that both COI1 and CSN are essential for modulating the expression of genes in most cellular pathways responsive to JA. Thus, CSN and SCF(COI1) work together to control genome expression and promote JA responses. ..
- Laubinger S, Marchal V, Le Gourrierec J, Gentilhomme J, Wenkel S, Adrian J, et al. Arabidopsis SPA proteins regulate photoperiodic flowering and interact with the floral inducer CONSTANS to regulate its stability. Development. 2006;133:3213-22 pubmed..Taken together, our results suggest, that SPA proteins regulate photoperiodic flowering by controlling the stability of the floral inducer CO. ..
- Ledger S, Strayer C, Ashton F, Kay S, Putterill J. Analysis of the function of two circadian-regulated CONSTANS-LIKE genes. Plant J. 2001;26:15-22 pubmedThe Arabidopsis genes CONSTANS-LIKE 1 (COL1) and CONSTANS-LIKE 2 (COL2) are predicted to encode zinc finger proteins with approximately 67% amino acid identity to the protein encoded by the flowering-time gene CONSTANS (CO)...
- Osterberg M, Shavorskaya O, Lascoux M, Lagercrantz U. Naturally occurring indel variation in the Brassica nigra COL1 gene is associated with variation in flowering time. Genetics. 2002;161:299-306 pubmed..In contrast, the nucleotide sequence of the B. nigra COL1 (Bni COL1) gene located 3...
- Ren C, Pan J, Peng W, Genschik P, Hobbie L, Hellmann H, et al. Point mutations in Arabidopsis Cullin1 reveal its essential role in jasmonate response. Plant J. 2005;42:514-24 pubmed..Furthermore, we show that the point mutations in AtCUL1 affect the assembly of COI1 into SCF, thus attenuating SCF(COI1) formation. ..
- Zhang B, Wang L, Zeng L, Zhang C, Ma H. Arabidopsis TOE proteins convey a photoperiodic signal to antagonize CONSTANS and regulate flowering time. Genes Dev. 2015;29:975-87 pubmed publisher..In addition, TOE1 interacts with the LOV domain of FKF1 and likely interferes with the FKF1-CO interaction, resulting in partial degradation of the CO protein in the afternoon to prevent premature flowering. ..