Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CLF
Description: SET domain-containing protein
Alias: CURLY LEAF, F26B6.3, F26B6_3, ICU1, INCURVATA 1, SDG1, SET1, SETDOMAIN 1, SETDOMAIN GROUP 1, SET domain-containing protein
Species: thale cress
- Barrero J, González Bayón R, del Pozo J, Ponce M, Micol J. INCURVATA2 encodes the catalytic subunit of DNA Polymerase alpha and interacts with genes involved in chromatin-mediated cellular memory in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell. 2007;19:2822-38 pubmed..FLOWER2, the ortholog of HETEROCHROMATIN PROTEIN1 of animals and yeasts, and with the Polycomb group (PcG) gene CURLY LEAF. Another PcG gene, EMBRYONIC FLOWER2, was found to be epistatic to ICU2...
- Lodha M, Marco C, Timmermans M. The ASYMMETRIC LEAVES complex maintains repression of KNOX homeobox genes via direct recruitment of Polycomb-repressive complex2. Genes Dev. 2013;27:596-601 pubmed publisher..Combined with recent studies in mammals, our findings reveal a conserved paradigm to epigenetically regulate homeobox gene expression during development. ..
- Aichinger E, Villar C, Di Mambro R, Sabatini S, Kohler C. The CHD3 chromatin remodeler PICKLE and polycomb group proteins antagonistically regulate meristem activity in the Arabidopsis root. Plant Cell. 2011;23:1047-60 pubmed publisher..Here, we report that the chromatin remodeling factor PICKLE (PKL) and the PcG protein CURLY LEAF (CLF) antagonistically determine root meristem activity...
- Kim D, Sung S. The Plant Homeo Domain finger protein, VIN3-LIKE 2, is necessary for photoperiod-mediated epigenetic regulation of the floral repressor, MAF5. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:17029-34 pubmed publisher..Thus, the repression of MAF5 by VIL2 provides a mechanism to promote flowering in noninductive photoperiods, which contributes to the facultative nature of the Arabidopsis photoperiodic response. ..
- Derkacheva M, Steinbach Y, Wildhaber T, Mozgová I, Mahrez W, Nanni P, et al. Arabidopsis MSI1 connects LHP1 to PRC2 complexes. EMBO J. 2013;32:2073-85 pubmed publisher..The LHP1-MSI1 interaction forms a positive feedback loop to recruit PRC2 to chromatin that carries H3K27me3. Consequently, this can provide a mechanism for the faithful inheritance of local epigenetic information through replication. ..
- Saleh A, Al Abdallat A, Ndamukong I, Alvarez Venegas R, Avramova Z. The Arabidopsis homologs of trithorax (ATX1) and enhancer of zeste (CLF) establish 'bivalent chromatin marks' at the silent AGAMOUS locus. Nucleic Acids Res. 2007;35:6290-6 pubmed..b>CURLY LEAF (CLF), an Arabidopsis homolog of enhancer of zeste (EZ) and the ARABIDOPSIS HOMOLOG OF TRITHORAX (ATX1) control ..
- Doyle M, Amasino R. A single amino acid change in the enhancer of zeste ortholog CURLY LEAF results in vernalization-independent, rapid flowering in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2009;151:1688-97 pubmed publisher..vernalization for rapid flowering, we identified a dominant allele of the Enhancer of Zeste E(z) ortholog CURLY LEAF (CLF), clf-59...
- Crane Y, Gelvin S. RNAi-mediated gene silencing reveals involvement of Arabidopsis chromatin-related genes in Agrobacterium-mediated root transformation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:15156-61 pubmed..NFA2, NFA3, SGA1, and SGB2); or (iii) varying response among the three transformation assays (DMT1, DMT2, DMT4, SDG1, SDG15, SDG22, and SDG29)...
- Chen N, Zhou W, Wang Y, Dong A, Yu Y. Polycomb-group histone methyltransferase CLF is required for proper somatic recombination in Arabidopsis. J Integr Plant Biol. 2014;56:550-8 pubmed publisher..Here, we investigated the function of CURLY LEAF (CLF), a Polycomb-group (PcG) gene responsible for histone3 lysine 27 trimethylation (H3K27me3), in somatic and ..
- Jeong C, Roh H, Dang T, Choi Y, Fischer R, Lee J, et al. An E3 ligase complex regulates SET-domain polycomb group protein activity in Arabidopsis thaliana. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:8036-41 pubmed publisher..Here, we show the posttranslational regulation of CURLY LEAF (CLF) SET-domain polycomb group (PcG) protein by the F-box protein, UPWARD CURLY LEAF1 (UCL1)...
- Lopez Vernaza M, Yang S, Muller R, Thorpe F, de Leau E, Goodrich J. Antagonistic roles of SEPALLATA3, FT and FLC genes as targets of the polycomb group gene CURLY LEAF. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e30715 pubmed publisherIn Arabidopsis, mutations in the Pc-G gene CURLY LEAF (CLF) give early flowering plants with curled leaves...
- Liu J, Deng S, Wang H, Ye J, Wu H, Sun H, et al. CURLY LEAF Regulates Gene Sets Coordinating Seed Size and Lipid Biosynthesis. Plant Physiol. 2016;171:424-36 pubmed publisherb>CURLY LEAF (CLF), a histone methyltransferase of Polycomb Repressive Complex 2 (PRC2) for trimethylation of histone H3 Lys 27 (H3K27me3), has been thought as a negative regulator controlling mainly postgermination growth in Arabidopsis (..
- Xu L, Shen W. Polycomb silencing of KNOX genes confines shoot stem cell niches in Arabidopsis. Curr Biol. 2008;18:1966-71 pubmed publisher..AtRING1a and AtRING1b proteins are localized in the nucleus. AtRING1a binds to itself and to AtRING1b, to CURLY LEAF (CLF), a PRC2 core component catalyzing H3K27-methylation, and to LIKE HETEROCHROMATIN PROTEIN1 (LHP1), a ..
- Rodrigues J, Tucker M, Johnson S, Hrmova M, Koltunow A. Sexual and apomictic seed formation in Hieracium requires the plant polycomb-group gene FERTILIZATION INDEPENDENT ENDOSPERM. Plant Cell. 2008;20:2372-86 pubmed publisher..PcG-like activity of Hieracium FIE was also supported by its interaction in vitro with the Arabidopsis CURLY LEAF PcG protein...
- Jullien P, Katz A, Oliva M, Ohad N, Berger F. Polycomb group complexes self-regulate imprinting of the Polycomb group gene MEDEA in Arabidopsis. Curr Biol. 2006;16:486-92 pubmed..This feedback loop ensures a complete maternal control of MEA expression from both parental alleles and might have provided a template for evolution of imprinting in plants. ..
- Schatlowski N, Stahl Y, Hohenstatt M, Goodrich J, Schubert D. The CURLY LEAF interacting protein BLISTER controls expression of polycomb-group target genes and cellular differentiation of Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell. 2010;22:2291-305 pubmed publisher..Arabidopsis thaliana protein BLISTER (BLI), which interacts with the Pc-G histone methyltransferase CURLY LEAF (CLF)...
- Zhou Y, Tergemina E, Cui H, FÃ¶rderer A, Hartwig B, Velikkakam James G, et al. Ctf4-related protein recruits LHP1-PRC2 to maintain H3K27me3 levels in dividing cells in Arabidopsis thaliana. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2017;114:4833-4838 pubmed publisher..A combination of eol1 with the curly leaf (clf) allele, carrying a mutation in the catalytic core of PRC2, strongly enhanced the clf ..
- Skalitzky C, Martin J, Harwood J, Beirne J, Adamczyk B, Heck G, et al. Plastids contain a second sec translocase system with essential functions. Plant Physiol. 2011;155:354-69 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that SCY2 and SECA2 function in Sec-mediated integration and translocation processes at the inner envelope membrane. ..
- Liu X, Kim Y, Muller R, Yumul R, Liu C, Pan Y, et al. AGAMOUS terminates floral stem cell maintenance in Arabidopsis by directly repressing WUSCHEL through recruitment of Polycomb Group proteins. Plant Cell. 2011;23:3654-70 pubmed publisher..Our studies identify core components of the network governing the temporal program of floral stem cells...
- Liang S, Hartwig B, Perera P, Mora GarcÃa S, de Leau E, Thornton H, et al. Kicking against the PRCs - A Domesticated Transposase Antagonises Silencing Mediated by Polycomb Group Proteins and Is an Accessory Component of Polycomb Repressive Complex 2. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1005660 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, in reciprocal pulldowns using the histone methyltransferase CURLY LEAF (CLF), we identify not only ALP1 and the core PRC2 components but also plant-specific accessory components ..
- Wang H, Liu C, Cheng J, Liu J, Zhang L, He C, et al. Arabidopsis Flower and Embryo Developmental Genes are Repressed in Seedlings by Different Combinations of Polycomb Group Proteins in Association with Distinct Sets of Cis-regulatory Elements. PLoS Genet. 2016;12:e1005771 pubmed publisher..We show that CURLY LEAF (CLF), a major catalytic subunit of PRC2, coordinates with different members of PRC1 in suppression of distinct ..