Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CEV1
Description: Cellulose synthase family protein
Alias: ATCESA3, ATH-B, CELLULOSE SYNTHASE 3, CESA3, CONSTITUTIVE EXPRESSION OF VSP 1, ECTOPIC LIGNIFICATION 1, ELI1, ISOXABEN RESISTANT 1, ISOXABEN RESISTANT 1, IXR1, K2A11.4, K2A11_4, MRE1, multiple response expansion 1, Cellulose synthase family protein
Species: thale cress
- Chan J, Crowell E, Eder M, Calder G, Bunnewell S, Findlay K, et al. The rotation of cellulose synthase trajectories is microtubule dependent and influences the texture of epidermal cell walls in Arabidopsis hypocotyls. J Cell Sci. 2010;123:3490-5 pubmed publisher..Here, we test that hypothesis using Arabidopsis plants expressing the cellulose synthase GFP-CESA3 and show that cellulose synthase trajectories do rotate over several hours...
- Gonneau M, Desprez T, Guillot A, Vernhettes S, HÃ¶fte H. Catalytic subunit stoichiometry within the cellulose synthase complex. Plant Physiol. 2014;166:1709-12 pubmed publisher..Based on spectral counting, we show that CESA1, CESA3, and CESA6 are present in a 1:1:1 molecular ratio.
- Slabaugh E, Sethaphong L, Xiao C, Amick J, Anderson C, Haigler C, et al. Computational and genetic evidence that different structural conformations of a non-catalytic region affect the function of plant cellulose synthase. J Exp Bot. 2014;65:6645-53 pubmed publisher..present our computational findings on this region in three CESAs of Arabidopsis thaliana (AtCESA1, 3, and 6), the Atcesa3(ixr1-2) mutant, and a novel missense mutation in AtCESA1...
- Pajerowska K, Parker J, Gebhardt C. Potato homologs of Arabidopsis thaliana genes functional in defense signaling--identification, genetic mapping, and molecular cloning. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2005;18:1107-19 pubmed..Our results form the basis for further studies on the contributions of these candidate genes to natural variation of potato disease resistance. ..
- Daras G, Rigas S, Penning B, Milioni D, McCann M, Carpita N, et al. The thanatos mutation in Arabidopsis thaliana cellulose synthase 3 (AtCesA3) has a dominant-negative effect on cellulose synthesis and plant growth. New Phytol. 2009;184:114-26 pubmed publisher..Map-based cloning revealed an amino acid substitution (P578S) in the catalytic domain of the AtCesA3 gene, indicating a critical role for this residue in the structure and function of the cellulose synthase complex...
- Rogers L, Dubos C, Surman C, Willment J, Cullis I, Mansfield S, et al. Comparison of lignin deposition in three ectopic lignification mutants. New Phytol. 2005;168:123-40 pubmedThe Arabidopsis thaliana mutants de-etiolated3 (det3), pom-pom1 (pom1) and ectopic lignification1 (eli1) all deposit lignins in cells where these polymers would not normally be found...
- Mansoori N, Timmers J, Desprez T, Alvim Kamei C, Kamei C, Dees D, et al. KORRIGAN1 interacts specifically with integral components of the cellulose synthase machinery. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e112387 pubmed publisher..The KOR1 transmembrane domain has shown to be required for the interaction between KOR1 and the different CESAs, as well as for higher oligomer formation of KOR1. ..
- Gu Y, Kaplinsky N, Bringmann M, Cobb A, Carroll A, Sampathkumar A, et al. Identification of a cellulose synthase-associated protein required for cellulose biosynthesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:12866-71 pubmed publisher..CSI1 is associated with CESA complexes, and csi1 mutants affect the distribution and movement of CESA complexes in the plasma membrane. ..
- Caño Delgado A, Metzlaff K, Bevan M. The eli1 mutation reveals a link between cell expansion and secondary cell wall formation in Arabidopsis thaliana. Development. 2000;127:3395-405 pubmed..The reduced expansion of eli1 cells resulted in a stunted phenotype, and xylem cells were misshapen and failed to differentiate into continuous ..
- Griffiths J, Å ola K, Kushwaha R, Lam P, Tateno M, Young R, et al. Unidirectional movement of cellulose synthase complexes in Arabidopsis seed coat epidermal cells deposit cellulose involved in mucilage extrusion, adherence, and ray formation. Plant Physiol. 2015;168:502-20 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that both CESA3 and CESA10 are highly expressed in this cell type at the time of mucilage synthesis and localize to the plasma ..
- Lei L, Li S, Du J, Bashline L, Gu Y. Cellulose synthase INTERACTIVE3 regulates cellulose biosynthesis in both a microtubule-dependent and microtubule-independent manner in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2013;25:4912-23 pubmed publisher..We propose that CSI3 is an important regulator of plant cellulose biosynthesis and plant anisotropic cell growth that modulates the velocity of CSCs in both a microtubule-dependent and microtubule-independent manner. ..
- Harris D, Corbin K, Wang T, Gutierrez R, Bertolo A, Petti C, et al. Cellulose microfibril crystallinity is reduced by mutating C-terminal transmembrane region residues CESA1A903V and CESA3T942I of cellulose synthase. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:4098-103 pubmed publisher..resistance-conferring point mutations in the C-terminal transmembrane domain region of CESA1(A903V) and CESA3(T942I) in Arabidopsis thaliana...
- Carroll A, Mansoori N, Li S, Lei L, Vernhettes S, Visser R, et al. Complexes with mixed primary and secondary cellulose synthases are functional in Arabidopsis plants. Plant Physiol. 2012;160:726-37 pubmed publisher..and biomolecular fluorescence systems were used to assess the interactions between three primary (CESA1, CESA3, CESA6), and three secondary (CESA4, CESA7, CESA8) Arabidopsis (Arabidopsis thaliana) CESAs...
- PYSH L. Two alleles of the AtCesA3 gene in Arabidopsis thaliana display intragenic complementation. Am J Bot. 2015;102:1434-41 pubmed publisher..synthesis of cellulose in the primary cell wall requires three different cellulose synthase genes (AtCesA1, AtCesA3, and AtCesA6-related genes [AtCesA2, AtCesA5, and AtCesA6])...
- Fujimoto M, Suda Y, Vernhettes S, Nakano A, Ueda T. Phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase and 4-kinase have distinct roles in intracellular trafficking of cellulose synthase complexes in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell Physiol. 2015;56:287-98 pubmed publisher..the effects of inhibitors of PI synthesis in Arabidopsis thaliana expressing green fluorescent protein-tagged CESA3 (GFP-CESA3)...
- Zhang Y, Nikolovski N, Sorieul M, Vellosillo T, McFarlane H, Dupree R, et al. Golgi-localized STELLO proteins regulate the assembly and trafficking of cellulose synthase complexes in Arabidopsis. Nat Commun. 2016;7:11656 pubmed publisher..Point mutations in the predicted catalytic domains of the STELLO proteins indicate that they are glycosyltransferases facing the Golgi lumen. Hence, we have uncovered proteins that regulate CSC assembly in the plant Golgi apparatus. ..