Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CESA6
Description: cellulose synthase 6
Alias: E112, ISOXABEN RESISTANT 2, IXR2, MVP7.7, MVP7_7, PRC1, PROCUSTE 1, cellulose synthase 6, cellulose synthase 6
Species: thale cress
- Lei L, Li S, Gu Y. Cellulose synthase interactive protein 1 (CSI1) mediates the intimate relationship between cellulose microfibrils and cortical microtubules. Plant Signal Behav. 2012;7:714-8 pubmed publisher..In addition to a role in serving as a messenger from microtubule to CSCs, CSI1 labels SmaCCs/MASCs, a compartment that has been proposed to be involved in CESA trafficking and/or delivery to the plasma membrane. ..
- Wang J, Elliott J, Williamson R. Features of the primary wall CESA complex in wild type and cellulose-deficient mutants of Arabidopsis thaliana. J Exp Bot. 2008;59:2627-37 pubmed publisher..In prc1-19, with no CESA6, CESAs 1 and 3 were part of a 420 kDa complex in extracts of light-grown seedlings that was absent from extracts ..
- Mansoori N, Timmers J, Desprez T, Alvim Kamei C, Kamei C, Dees D, et al. KORRIGAN1 interacts specifically with integral components of the cellulose synthase machinery. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e112387 pubmed publisher..The KOR1 transmembrane domain has shown to be required for the interaction between KOR1 and the different CESAs, as well as for higher oligomer formation of KOR1. ..
- MacKinnon I, Šturcová A, Sugimoto Shirasu K, His I, McCann M, Jarvis M. Cell-wall structure and anisotropy in procuste, a cellulose synthase mutant of Arabidopsis thaliana. Planta. 2006;224:438-48 pubmedIn dark-grown hypocotyls of the Arabidopsis procuste mutant, a mutation in the CesA6 gene encoding a cellulose synthase reduces cellulose synthesis and severely inhibits elongation growth...
- Singh S, Fischer U, Singh M, Grebe M, Marchant A. Insight into the early steps of root hair formation revealed by the procuste1 cellulose synthase mutant of Arabidopsis thaliana. BMC Plant Biol. 2008;8:57 pubmed publisher..The Arabidopsis procuste1 (prc1-1) cellulose synthase mutant was studied in order to investigate the role of the cell wall loosening during the ..
- Lei L, Li S, Du J, Bashline L, Gu Y. Cellulose synthase INTERACTIVE3 regulates cellulose biosynthesis in both a microtubule-dependent and microtubule-independent manner in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2013;25:4912-23 pubmed publisher..We propose that CSI3 is an important regulator of plant cellulose biosynthesis and plant anisotropic cell growth that modulates the velocity of CSCs in both a microtubule-dependent and microtubule-independent manner. ..
- Slabaugh E, Sethaphong L, Xiao C, Amick J, Anderson C, Haigler C, et al. Computational and genetic evidence that different structural conformations of a non-catalytic region affect the function of plant cellulose synthase. J Exp Bot. 2014;65:6645-53 pubmed publisher..The combination of computational and genetic results provides evidence that the ability of the TMH5-6 region to adopt specific structural conformations is important for CESA function. ..
- Zhang S, Sun L, Dong X, Lu S, Tian W, Liu J. Cellulose synthesis genes CESA6 and CSI1 are important for salt stress tolerance in Arabidopsis. J Integr Plant Biol. 2016;58:623-6 pubmed publisher..SHE1 encodes a cellulose synthase CESA6 while SHE2 encodes a cellulose synthase-interactive protein CSI1...
- Gu Y, Kaplinsky N, Bringmann M, Cobb A, Carroll A, Sampathkumar A, et al. Identification of a cellulose synthase-associated protein required for cellulose biosynthesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:12866-71 pubmed publisher..CSI1 is associated with CESA complexes, and csi1 mutants affect the distribution and movement of CESA complexes in the plasma membrane. ..
- Zhang Y, Nikolovski N, Sorieul M, Vellosillo T, McFarlane H, Dupree R, et al. Golgi-localized STELLO proteins regulate the assembly and trafficking of cellulose synthase complexes in Arabidopsis. Nat Commun. 2016;7:11656 pubmed publisher..Point mutations in the predicted catalytic domains of the STELLO proteins indicate that they are glycosyltransferases facing the Golgi lumen. Hence, we have uncovered proteins that regulate CSC assembly in the plant Golgi apparatus. ..
- Chen I, Lo W, Chuang J, Cheuh C, Fan Y, Lin L, et al. A chemical genetics approach reveals a role of brassinolide and cellulose synthase in hypocotyl elongation of etiolated Arabidopsis seedlings. Plant Sci. 2013;209:46-57 pubmed publisher..A map-based cloning approach revealed that CELLULOSE SYNTHASE6 (CESA6) and DE-ETIOLATED2 (DET2) were mutated in ret8 (cesa6(ret8);eto1-4) and ret41 (det2(ret41);eto1-5), respectively...
- Gonneau M, Desprez T, Guillot A, Vernhettes S, HÃ¶fte H. Catalytic subunit stoichiometry within the cellulose synthase complex. Plant Physiol. 2014;166:1709-12 pubmed publisher..Based on spectral counting, we show that CESA1, CESA3, and CESA6 are present in a 1:1:1 molecular ratio.
- Xu S, Rahman A, Baskin T, Kieber J. Two leucine-rich repeat receptor kinases mediate signaling, linking cell wall biosynthesis and ACC synthase in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2008;20:3065-79 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the FEI proteins interact directly with ACC synthase. These results suggest that the FEI proteins define a novel signaling pathway that regulates cell wall function, likely via an ACC-mediated signal. ..