Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CESA1
Description: cellulose synthase 1
Alias: ANY1, AtCESA1, CELLULOSE SYNTHASE 1, F8B4.110, F8B4_110, RADIALLY SWOLLEN 1, RSW1, anisotropy1, cellulose synthase 1, cellulose synthase 1
Species: thale cress
- Vain T, Crowell E, Timpano H, Biot E, Desprez T, Mansoori N, et al. The Cellulase KORRIGAN Is Part of the Cellulose Synthase Complex. Plant Physiol. 2014;165:1521-1532 pubmed
- Gonneau M, Desprez T, Guillot A, Vernhettes S, HÃ¶fte H. Catalytic subunit stoichiometry within the cellulose synthase complex. Plant Physiol. 2014;166:1709-12 pubmed publisher..Based on spectral counting, we show that CESA1, CESA3, and CESA6 are present in a 1:1:1 molecular ratio.
- Vandavasi V, Putnam D, Zhang Q, Petridis L, Heller W, Nixon B, et al. A Structural Study of CESA1 Catalytic Domain of Arabidopsis Cellulose Synthesis Complex: Evidence for CESA Trimers. Plant Physiol. 2016;170:123-35 pubmed publisher..This work reports a low resolution structure of the catalytic domain of CESA1 from Arabidopsis (Arabidopsis thaliana; AtCESA1CatD) determined by small-angle scattering techniques and provides ..
- Gu Y, Kaplinsky N, Bringmann M, Cobb A, Carroll A, Sampathkumar A, et al. Identification of a cellulose synthase-associated protein required for cellulose biosynthesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:12866-71 pubmed publisher..CSI1 is associated with CESA complexes, and csi1 mutants affect the distribution and movement of CESA complexes in the plasma membrane. ..
- Slabaugh E, Scavuzzo Duggan T, Chaves A, Wilson L, Wilson C, Davis J, et al. The valine and lysine residues in the conserved FxVTxK motif are important for the function of phylogenetically distant plant cellulose synthases. Glycobiology. 2016;26:509-19 pubmed publisher..Analysis of hypocotyl inner cell wall layers by atomic force microscopy showed that two altered versions of Atcesa1 could rescue cell wall phenotypes observed in the mutant background line...
- Lei L, Zhang T, Strasser R, Lee C, Gonneau M, Mach L, et al. The jiaoyao1 Mutant Is an Allele of korrigan1 That Abolishes Endoglucanase Activity and Affects the Organization of Both Cellulose Microfibrils and Microtubules in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2014;26:2601-2616 pubmed..Interestingly, jia1 results in both cellulose microfibril and microtubule disorganization. Our study establishes the important role of endoglucanase in cellulose synthesis and cellulose microfibril organization in plants. ..
- Slabaugh E, Sethaphong L, Xiao C, Amick J, Anderson C, Haigler C, et al. Computational and genetic evidence that different structural conformations of a non-catalytic region affect the function of plant cellulose synthase. J Exp Bot. 2014;65:6645-53 pubmed publisher..Here we present our computational findings on this region in three CESAs of Arabidopsis thaliana (AtCESA1, 3, and 6), the Atcesa3(ixr1-2) mutant, and a novel missense mutation in AtCESA1...
- Mansoori N, Timmers J, Desprez T, Alvim Kamei C, Kamei C, Dees D, et al. KORRIGAN1 interacts specifically with integral components of the cellulose synthase machinery. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e112387 pubmed publisher..The KOR1 transmembrane domain has shown to be required for the interaction between KOR1 and the different CESAs, as well as for higher oligomer formation of KOR1. ..
- Harris D, Corbin K, Wang T, Gutierrez R, Bertolo A, Petti C, et al. Cellulose microfibril crystallinity is reduced by mutating C-terminal transmembrane region residues CESA1A903V and CESA3T942I of cellulose synthase. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:4098-103 pubmed publisher..and corresponding resistance-conferring point mutations in the C-terminal transmembrane domain region of CESA1(A903V) and CESA3(T942I) in Arabidopsis thaliana...
- Wang J, Elliott J, Williamson R. Features of the primary wall CESA complex in wild type and cellulose-deficient mutants of Arabidopsis thaliana. J Exp Bot. 2008;59:2627-37 pubmed publisher..In rsw1, a CESA1 missense mutant, extracts of seedlings grown at the permissive temperature have an apparently normal CESA complex ..
- Kang J, Frank J, Kang C, Kajiura H, Vikram M, Ueda A, et al. Salt tolerance of Arabidopsis thaliana requires maturation of N-glycosylated proteins in the Golgi apparatus. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:5933-8 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, cellulose deficient rsw1-1 and rsw2-1 plants were also salt-sensitive...