Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CDKB1;1
Description: cyclin-dependent kinase B1;1
Alias: CDC2-LIKE GENE, CDC2B, CYCLIN-DEPENDENT KINASE B1;1, P34(CDC2)-LIKE PROTEIN, cyclin-dependent kinase B1;1, cyclin-dependent kinase B1;1
Species: thale cress
- Weimer A, Biedermann S, Harashima H, Roodbarkelari F, Takahashi N, Foreman J, et al. The plant-specific CDKB1-CYCB1 complex mediates homologous recombination repair in Arabidopsis. EMBO J. 2016;35:2068-2086 pubmed..Thus, while the major mitotic cell-cycle activity is blocked after DNA damage, CDKB1-CYCB1 complexes are specifically activated to mediate HR. ..
- Yoshizumi T, Nagata N, Shimada H, Matsui M. An Arabidopsis cell cycle -dependent kinase-related gene, CDC2b, plays a role in regulating seedling growth in darkness. Plant Cell. 1999;11:1883-96 pubmedThe Arabidopsis CDC2b gene has been defined as a plant-specific cell cycle-dependent kinase-related gene, although it lacks the conserved cyclin binding motif, and its exact function is not known...
- Boudolf V, Inze D, De Veylder L. What if higher plants lack a CDC25 phosphatase?. Trends Plant Sci. 2006;11:474-9 pubmed
- Imajuku Y, Hirayama T, Endoh H, Oka A. Exon-intron organization of the Arabidopsis thaliana protein kinase genes CDC2a and CDC2b. FEBS Lett. 1992;304:73-7 pubmed..shown by cDNA cloning that a higher plant, Arabidopsis thaliana, possesses at least two CDC2 genes (CDC2a and CDC2b) similar to the cell-cycle-controlling cdc2 gene of Schizosaccharomyces pombe...
- Wu S, Scheible W, Schindelasch D, Van Den Daele H, De Veylder L, Baskin T. A conditional mutation in Arabidopsis thaliana separase induces chromosome non-disjunction, aberrant morphogenesis and cyclin B1;1 stability. Development. 2010;137:953-61 pubmed publisher..Our characterization of rsw4 leads us to hypothesize that plant separase, in addition to cleaving cohesin, regulates cyclin B1;1, with profound ramifications for morphogenesis. ..
- De Veylder L, Segers G, Glab N, Casteels P, Van Montagu M, Inze D. The Arabidopsis Cks1At protein binds the cyclin-dependent kinases Cdc2aAt and Cdc2bAt. FEBS Lett. 1997;412:446-52 pubmed..Cks1At binds both Cdc2aAt and Cdc2bAt in vivo and in vitro. Furthermore, we demonstrate that the fission yeast Suc1 binds Cdc2aAt but only weakly Cdc2bAt, whereas the human CksHs1 associated exclusively with Cdc2aAt. ..
- Boruc J, Mylle E, Duda M, De Clercq R, Rombauts S, Geelen D, et al. Systematic localization of the Arabidopsis core cell cycle proteins reveals novel cell division complexes. Plant Physiol. 2010;152:553-65 pubmed publisher..Thus, we identified unknown spatiotemporal territories where functional cell cycle protein interactions are most likely to occur...
- De Veylder L, Beeckman T, Beemster G, Krols L, Terras F, Landrieu I, et al. Functional analysis of cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitors of Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2001;13:1653-68 pubmed..We conclude that KRP2 exerts a plant growth inhibitory activity by reducing cell proliferation in leaves, but, in contrast to its mammalian counterparts, it may not control the timing of cell cycle exit and differentiation. ..