Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CAM1
Description: calmodulin 1
Alias: ACAM-1, K22F20.20, K22F20_20, TCH1, TOUCH 1, calmodulin 1, calmodulin 1
Species: thale cress
- Baekgaard L, Luoni L, De Michelis M, Palmgren M. The plant plasma membrane Ca2+ pump ACA8 contains overlapping as well as physically separated autoinhibitory and calmodulin-binding domains. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:1058-65 pubmed..We propose that early CaM recognition is mediated by the cytosolic face and that CaM subsequently competes with the intramolecular autoinhibitor in binding to the other face of the helix. ..
- Kim H, Park B, Yoo J, Jung M, Lee S, Han H, et al. Identification of a calmodulin-binding NAC protein as a transcriptional repressor in Arabidopsis. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:36292-302 pubmed..Interestingly, the transcriptional repression mediated by CBNAC was enhanced by CaM. These results suggest that CBNAC may be a CaM-regulated transcriptional repressor in Arabidopsis. ..
- Bürstenbinder K, Savchenko T, Muller J, Adamson A, Stamm G, Kwong R, et al. Arabidopsis calmodulin-binding protein IQ67-domain 1 localizes to microtubules and interacts with kinesin light chain-related protein-1. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:1871-82 pubmed publisher..Collectively, the prospect arises that IQD1 and related proteins provide Ca(2+)/CaM-regulated scaffolds for facilitating cellular transport of specific cargo along microtubular tracks via kinesin motor proteins...
- Xi J, Qiu Y, Du L, Poovaiah B. Plant-specific trihelix transcription factor AtGT2L interacts with calcium/calmodulin and responds to cold and salt stresses. Plant Sci. 2012;185-186:274-80 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data indicate that AtGT2L is a Ca(2+)/CaM-binding nuclear transcription factor involved in plant responses to cold and salt stresses. ..
- Wang Z, Xie W, Chi F, Li C. Identification of non-specific lipid transfer protein-1 as a calmodulin-binding protein in Arabidopsis. FEBS Lett. 2005;579:1683-7 pubmed..This region is highly conserved among plant nsLTPs, implicating that nsLTPs are a new family of CaM-binding proteins whose functions may be mediated by CaM signaling. ..
- Truman W, Sreekanta S, Lu Y, Bethke G, Tsuda K, Katagiri F, et al. The CALMODULIN-BINDING PROTEIN60 family includes both negative and positive regulators of plant immunity. Plant Physiol. 2013;163:1741-51 pubmed publisher..Regulation at the CBP60 node involves negative regulation by CBP60a as well as positive regulation by CBP60g and SARD1, providing multiple levels of control over the activation of immune responses. ..
- Al Quraan N, Locy R, Singh N. Expression of calmodulin genes in wild type and calmodulin mutants of Arabidopsis thaliana under heat stress. Plant Physiol Biochem. 2010;48:697-702 pubmed publisher..up-regulated in both root and shoot after heat treatment with the notable exception of CAM5 in root and shoot, and CAM1 in shoot where the mRNA levels were reduced...
- Qiu Y, Xi J, Du L, Suttle J, Poovaiah B. Coupling calcium/calmodulin-mediated signaling and herbivore-induced plant response through calmodulin-binding transcription factor AtSR1/CAMTA3. Plant Mol Biol. 2012;79:89-99 pubmed publisher..These results revealed that Ca(2+)/CaM-mediated signaling regulates plant response to herbivore attack/wounding by modulating the SA-JA crosstalk through AtSR1. ..
- Yu T, Shi D, Jia P, Tang J, Li H, Liu J, et al. The Arabidopsis Receptor Kinase ZAR1 Is Required for Zygote Asymmetric Division and Its Daughter Cell Fate. PLoS Genet. 2016;12:e1005933 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that ZAR1 functions as a membrane integrator for extrinsic cues, Ca2+ signal and G protein signaling to regulate the division of zygote and the cell fate of its daughter cells in Arabidopsis. ..
- Bussemer J, Chigri F, Vothknecht U. Arabidopsis ATPase family gene 1-like protein 1 is a calmodulin-binding AAA+-ATPase with a dual localization in chloroplasts and mitochondria. FEBS J. 2009;276:3870-80 pubmed publisher..Localization of the same calmodulin-binding protein into mitochondria and chloroplasts could be a means to provide a coordinated regulation of processes in both organelles by calcium signals. ..