Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: BREVIPEDICELLUS
Description: homeobox knotted-like protein
Alias: BP1, BREVIPEDICELLUS, BREVIPEDICELLUS 1, F9M13.2, F9M13_2, KNOTTED-LIKE HOMEOBOX PROTEIN, KNOTTED-like from Arabidopsis thaliana, homeobox knotted-like protein
Species: thale cress
- Bhatt A, Etchells J, Canales C, Lagodienko A, Dickinson H. VAAMANA--a BEL1-like homeodomain protein, interacts with KNOX proteins BP and STM and regulates inflorescence stem growth in Arabidopsis. Gene. 2004;328:103-11 pubmed..VAN interacts specifically with the class I KNOX proteins SHOOTMERISTEMLESS (STM), BREVIPEDICELLUS (BP), and KNAT6 (K6), and nuclear localisation of a VAN-GFP fusion depends on co-expression of STM or BP in ..
- Douglas S, Li B, Kliebenstein D, Nambara E, Riggs C. A novel Filamentous Flower mutant suppresses brevipedicellus developmental defects and modulates glucosinolate and auxin levels. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177045 pubmed publisherb>BREVIPEDICELLUS (BP) encodes a class-I KNOTTED1-like homeobox (KNOX) transcription factor that plays a critical role in conditioning a replication competent state in the apical meristem, and it also governs growth and cellular ..
- Ikezaki M, Kojima M, Sakakibara H, Kojima S, Ueno Y, Machida C, et al. Genetic networks regulated by ASYMMETRIC LEAVES1 (AS1) and AS2 in leaf development in Arabidopsis thaliana: KNOX genes control five morphological events. Plant J. 2010;61:70-82 pubmed publisher..These features must, therefore, be controlled by other genes in which expression is enhanced in the as1 and as2 mutants. ..
- Shi C, Stenvik G, Vie A, Bones A, Pautot V, Proveniers M, et al. Arabidopsis class I KNOTTED-like homeobox proteins act downstream in the IDA-HAE/HSL2 floral abscission signaling pathway. Plant Cell. 2011;23:2553-67 pubmed publisher..organ abscission in ida mutants, we identified three new mutant alleles of the KNOTTED-LIKE HOMEOBOX gene BREVIPEDICELLUS (BP)/KNOTTED-LIKE FROM ARABIDOPSIS THALIANA1 (KNAT1)...
- Zhao M, Yang S, Chen C, Li C, Shan W, Lu W, et al. Arabidopsis BREVIPEDICELLUS interacts with the SWI2/SNF2 chromatin remodeling ATPase BRAHMA to regulate KNAT2 and KNAT6 expression in control of inflorescence architecture. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1005125 pubmed publisherb>BREVIPEDICELLUS (BP or KNAT1), a class-I KNOTTED1-like homeobox (KNOX) transcription factor in Arabidopsis thaliana, contributes to shaping the normal inflorescence architecture through negatively regulating other two class-I KNOX genes, ..
- Li Y, Pi L, Huang H, Xu L. ATH1 and KNAT2 proteins act together in regulation of plant inflorescence architecture. J Exp Bot. 2012;63:1423-33 pubmed publisher..Previous studies have revealed that the class-I KNOTTED1-like homeobox (KNOX) genes BREVIPEDICELLUS (BP or KNAT1), KNAT2, and KNAT6 play essential roles in inflorescence architecture...
- Qi B, Zheng H. Modulation of root-skewing responses by KNAT1 in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant J. 2013;76:380-92 pubmed publisher..Together, these results demonstrate that KNAT1 negatively modulates root skewing, possibly by regulating auxin transport...
- Ding L, Yan S, Jiang L, Zhao W, Ning K, Zhao J, et al. HANABA TARANU (HAN) Bridges Meristem and Organ Primordia Boundaries through PINHEAD, JAGGED, BLADE-ON-PETIOLE2 and CYTOKININ OXIDASE 3 during Flower Development in Arabidopsis. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1005479 pubmed publisher..tools to explore interactions between the boundary gene HANABA TARANU (HAN) and two meristem regulators BREVIPEDICELLUS (BP) and PINHEAD (PNH), and three primordia-specific genes PETAL LOSS (PTL), JAGGED (JAG) and BLADE-ON-..
- Truernit E, Haseloff J. Arabidopsis thaliana outer ovule integument morphogenesis: ectopic expression of KNAT1 reveals a compensation mechanism. BMC Plant Biol. 2008;8:35 pubmed publisher..This work provides new insights into its development and opens new possibilities for the identification of factors involved in the regulation of cell division and elongation during plant organ growth. ..
- Lodha M, Marco C, Timmermans M. The ASYMMETRIC LEAVES complex maintains repression of KNOX homeobox genes via direct recruitment of Polycomb-repressive complex2. Genes Dev. 2013;27:596-601 pubmed publisher..ASYMMETRIC LEAVES complex physically interacts with PRC2 and recruits this complex to the homeobox genes BREVIPEDICELLUS and KNAT2 to stably silence these stem cell regulators in differentiating leaves...
- Scofield S, Dewitte W, Nieuwland J, Murray J. The Arabidopsis homeobox gene SHOOT MERISTEMLESS has cellular and meristem-organisational roles with differential requirements for cytokinin and CYCD3 activity. Plant J. 2013;75:53-66 pubmed publisher..We propose that STM has dual cellular and meristem-organisational functions that are differentially represented in the class-1 KNOX gene family and have differing requirements for CK and CYCD3. ..
- Li Z, Li B, Liu J, Guo Z, Liu Y, Li Y, et al. Transcription factors AS1 and AS2 interact with LHP1 to repress KNOX genes in Arabidopsis. J Integr Plant Biol. 2016;58:959-970 pubmed publisher..establish the H3K27me3 modification at the chromatin regions of Class-I KNOTTED1-like homeobox (KNOX) genes BREVIPEDICELLUS and KNAT2 via direct interactions with LHP1...
- Xu X, Wang J, Xuan Z, Goldshmidt A, Borrill P, Hariharan N, et al. Chaperonins facilitate KNOTTED1 cell-to-cell trafficking and stem cell function. Science. 2011;333:1141-4 pubmed publisher..Our study shows that chaperonins are essential for the cell-to-cell trafficking of a subset of mobile transcription factors and demonstrates the importance of chaperonin-dependent protein trafficking for plant stem cell function...
- Marsch Martinez N, Zúñiga Mayo V, Herrera Ubaldo H, Ouwerkerk P, Pablo Villa J, Lozano Sotomayor P, et al. The NTT transcription factor promotes replum development in Arabidopsis fruits. Plant J. 2014;80:69-81 pubmed publisher..Moreover, its genetic interactions provide further evidence about its biological relevance in replum development. ..
- Liebsch D, Sunaryo W, Holmlund M, Norberg M, Zhang J, Hall H, et al. Class I KNOX transcription factors promote differentiation of cambial derivatives into xylem fibers in the Arabidopsis hypocotyl. Development. 2014;141:4311-9 pubmed publisher..Together, these data indicate that, in the cambium, KNAT1 and STM, contrary to their function in the shoot apical meristem, promote cell differentiation through repression of BOP genes. ..
- Etchells J, Moore L, Jiang W, Prescott H, Capper R, Saunders N, et al. A role for BELLRINGER in cell wall development is supported by loss-of-function phenotypes. BMC Plant Biol. 2012;12:212 pubmed publisher..and gene expression in a series of plants over-expressing BLR, and generating combinatorial mutants with blr, brevipedicellus (bp), a member of the KNOX1 family of transcription factors that has previously been shown to interact with ..