Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: BOP2
Description: Ankyrin repeat family protein / BTB/POZ domain-containing protein
Alias: BLADE ON PETIOLE2, F13H10.8, F13H10_8, Ankyrin repeat family protein / BTB/POZ domain-containing protein
Species: thale cress
- McKim S, Stenvik G, Butenko M, Kristiansen W, Cho S, Hepworth S, et al. The BLADE-ON-PETIOLE genes are essential for abscission zone formation in Arabidopsis. Development. 2008;135:1537-46 pubmed publisherThe Arabidopsis BLADE-ON-PETIOLE 1 (BOP1) and BOP2 genes encode redundant transcription factors that promote morphological asymmetry during leaf and floral development...
- Hepworth S, Zhang Y, McKim S, Li X, Haughn G. BLADE-ON-PETIOLE-dependent signaling controls leaf and floral patterning in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2005;17:1434-48 pubmed..Here, we show that two NPR1-like genes, BLADE-ON-PETIOLE1 (BOP1) and BOP2, function redundantly to control growth asymmetry, an important aspect of patterning in leaves and flowers...
- Norberg M, Holmlund M, Nilsson O. The BLADE ON PETIOLE genes act redundantly to control the growth and development of lateral organs. Development. 2005;132:2203-13 pubmed..We have isolated and characterized the BOP1 gene together with a functionally redundant close homolog that we name BOP2. The BOP genes are members of a gene family containing ankyrin repeats and a BTB/POZ domain, suggesting a role in ..
- Ha C, Jun J, Nam H, Fletcher J. BLADE-ON-PETIOLE 1 and 2 control Arabidopsis lateral organ fate through regulation of LOB domain and adaxial-abaxial polarity genes. Plant Cell. 2007;19:1809-25 pubmedWe report a novel function for BLADE-ON-PETIOLE1 (BOP1) and BOP2 in regulating Arabidopsis thaliana lateral organ cell fate and polarity, through the analysis of loss-of-function mutants and transgenic plants that ectopically express BOP1 ..
- Xu M, Hu T, McKim S, Murmu J, Haughn G, Hepworth S. Arabidopsis BLADE-ON-PETIOLE1 and 2 promote floral meristem fate and determinacy in a previously undefined pathway targeting APETALA1 and AGAMOUS-LIKE24. Plant J. 2010;63:974-89 pubmed publisher..Here, we examine the role of architectural regulators BLADE-ON-PETIOLE1 (BOP1) and BOP2 in promotion of floral meristem identity...
- Karim M, Hirota A, Kwiatkowska D, Tasaka M, Aida M. A role for Arabidopsis PUCHI in floral meristem identity and bract suppression. Plant Cell. 2009;21:1360-72 pubmed publisher..of PUCHI in floral fate determination and bract suppression overlaps that of the BLADE-ON-PETIOLE1 (BOP1) and BOP2 genes, which encode a pair of redundant regulatory proteins involved in various developmental processes, including ..
- Khan M, Tabb P, Hepworth S. BLADE-ON-PETIOLE1 and 2 regulate Arabidopsis inflorescence architecture in conjunction with homeobox genes KNAT6 and ATH1. Plant Signal Behav. 2012;7:788-92 pubmed publisher..that these defects are caused by the misexpression of lateral organ boundary genes, BLADE-ON-PETIOLE1 (BOP1) and BOP2, which function downstream of BP-PNY in an antagonistic fashion...
- Ding L, Yan S, Jiang L, Zhao W, Ning K, Zhao J, et al. HANABA TARANU (HAN) Bridges Meristem and Organ Primordia Boundaries through PINHEAD, JAGGED, BLADE-ON-PETIOLE2 and CYTOKININ OXIDASE 3 during Flower Development in Arabidopsis. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1005479 pubmed publisher..HAN physically interacts with JAG, and directly stimulates the expression of JAG and BOP2 to regulate floral organ development...
- Chen M, Hsu W, Lee P, Thiruvengadam M, Chen H, Yang C. The MADS box gene, FOREVER YOUNG FLOWER, acts as a repressor controlling floral organ senescence and abscission in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2011;68:168-85 pubmed publisher..a VP16-AD motif, the senescence/abscission of the flower organs was significantly promoted, and the expression of BOP2, IDA and EDF1/2 was up-regulated...