Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ATM
Description: Serine/Threonine-kinase ATM-like protein
Alias: ARABIDOPSIS THALIANA ATAXIA-TELANGIECTASIA MUTATED, ATATM, PIG1, ataxia-telangiectasia mutated, pcd in male gametogenesis 1, Serine/Threonine-kinase ATM-like protein
Species: thale cress
- Waterworth W, Footitt S, Bray C, Finch Savage W, West C. DNA damage checkpoint kinase ATM regulates germination and maintains genome stability in seeds. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:9647-52 pubmed publisher..The eukaryotic cellular response to DNA damage is orchestrated by the DNA damage checkpoint kinases ATAXIA TELANGIECTASIA MUTATED (ATM) and ATM AND RAD3-RELATED (ATR)...
- Friesner J, Liu B, Culligan K, Britt A. Ionizing radiation-dependent gamma-H2AX focus formation requires ataxia telangiectasia mutated and ataxia telangiectasia mutated and Rad3-related. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:2566-76 pubmed..The dependency of this phosphorylation on the various PI3K-related protein kinases (in mammals, ataxia telangiectasia mutated and Rad3-related [ATR], ataxia telangiectasia mutated [ATM], and DNA-PKCs) has been a subject of ..
- Kurzbauer M, Pradillo M, Kerzendorfer C, Sims J, Ladurner R, Oliver C, et al. Arabidopsis thaliana FANCD2 Promotes Meiotic Crossover Formation. Plant Cell. 2018;30:415-428 pubmed publisher..i>AtFANCD2 promotes noninterfering COs in a MUS81-independent manner and is therefore part of an uncharted meiotic CO-promoting mechanism, in addition to those described previously. ..
- Kenzior A, Folk W. Arabidopsis thaliana MSI4/FVE associates with members of a novel family of plant specific PWWP/RRM domain proteins. Plant Mol Biol. 2015;87:329-39 pubmed publisher..We propose these novel ATMSI4-associated proteins help form nucleoprotein complexes that determine pleiotropic functional properties of AtMSI4/FVE/ACG1 involving plant development and responses to stress. ..
- Amiard S, Depeiges A, Allain E, White C, Gallego M. Arabidopsis ATM and ATR kinases prevent propagation of genome damage caused by telomere dysfunction. Plant Cell. 2011;23:4254-65 pubmed publisher..We show that absence of telomerase in Arabidopsis thaliana elicits an ATAXIA-TELANGIECTASIA MUTATED (ATM) and ATM AND RAD3-RELATED (ATR)-dependent DDR at telomeres, principally through ATM...
- Zhang J, Teng C, Liang Y. Programmed cell death may act as a surveillance mechanism to safeguard male gametophyte development in Arabidopsis. Protein Cell. 2011;2:837-44 pubmed publisher..The PIG1 gene was identified by map-based cloning, and was found to be identical to ATAXIA TELANGIECTASIA MUTATED (ATM), a highly conserved gene in eukaryotes and a key regulator of the DNA damage response...
- Yao Y, Bilichak A, Titov V, Golubov A, Kovalchuk I. Genome stability of Arabidopsis atm, ku80 and rad51b mutants: somatic and transgenerational responses to stress. Plant Cell Physiol. 2013;54:982-9 pubmed publisher..To test this hypothesis, we analyzed the genome stability of the Arabidopsis thaliana mutants deficient in ATM (communication between DNA strand break recognition and the repair machinery), KU80 (deficient in NHEJ) and RAD51B (..
- Yuan D, Lai J, Xu P, Zhang S, Zhang J, Li C, et al. AtMMS21 regulates DNA damage response and homologous recombination repair in Arabidopsis. DNA Repair (Amst). 2014;21:140-7 pubmed publisher..Depletion of ATAXIA-TELANGIECTASIA MUTATED (ATM) in mms21-1 enhances its root growth defect phenotype, indicating that ATM and AtMMS21 may play additive roles in ..
- Waterworth W, Altun C, Armstrong S, Roberts N, Dean P, Young K, et al. NBS1 is involved in DNA repair and plays a synergistic role with ATM in mediating meiotic homologous recombination in plants. Plant J. 2007;52:41-52 pubmed publisher..Analysis of atnbs1-1 atatm double mutants revealed a role for AtNBS1 in meiotic recombination...