Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: AINTEGUMENTA
Description: Integrase-type DNA-binding superfamily protein
Alias: AINTEGUMENTA, AtANT, CKC, CKC1, COMPLEMENTING A PROTEIN KINASE C MUTANT 1, DRAGON, DRG, T28I19.30, T28I19_30, Integrase-type DNA-binding superfamily protein
Species: thale cress
- Randall R, Sornay E, Dewitte W, Murray J. AINTEGUMENTA and the D-type cyclin CYCD3;1 independently contribute to petal size control in Arabidopsis: evidence for organ size compensation being an emergent rather than a determined property. J Exp Bot. 2015;66:3991-4000 pubmed publisher..For example, the aintegumenta (ant) mutant exhibits reduced cell number but increased cell size in LAOs...
- Losa A, Colombo M, Brambilla V, Colombo L. Genetic interaction between AINTEGUMENTA (ANT) and the ovule identity genes SEEDSTICK (STK), SHATTERPROOF1 (SHP1) and SHATTERPROOF2 (SHP2). Sex Plant Reprod. 2010;23:115-21 pubmed publisherb>AINTEGUMENTA (ANT) promotes initiation and growth of ovule integuments which cell fate is specified by ovule identity factors, such as SEEDSTICK (STK), SHATTERPROOF1 (SHP1) and SHATTERPROOF2 (SHP2)...
- Yamaguchi N, Wu M, Winter C, Berns M, Nole Wilson S, Yamaguchi A, et al. A molecular framework for auxin-mediated initiation of flower primordia. Dev Cell. 2013;24:271-82 pubmed publisher..three genes encode known regulators of flower development: LEAFY (LFY), which specifies floral fate, and two AINTEGUMENTA-LIKE/PLETHORA transcription factors, key regulators of floral growth...
- Galbiati F, Sinha Roy D, Simonini S, Cucinotta M, Ceccato L, Cuesta C, et al. An integrative model of the control of ovule primordia formation. Plant J. 2013;76:446-55 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate here that CUP-SHAPED COTYLEDON 1 (CUC1), CUC2 and AINTEGUMENTA (ANT) have additive effects on ovule primordia formation...
- Krizek B, Bequette C, Xu K, Blakley I, Fu Z, Stratmann J, et al. RNA-Seq Links the Transcription Factors AINTEGUMENTA and AINTEGUMENTA-LIKE6 to Cell Wall Remodeling and Plant Defense Pathways. Plant Physiol. 2016;171:2069-84 pubmed publisherb>AINTEGUMENTA (ANT) and AINTEGUMENTA-LIKE6 (AIL6) are two related transcription factors in Arabidopsis (Arabidopsis thaliana) that have partially overlapping roles in several aspects of flower development, including floral organ initiation,..
- Horiguchi G, Gonzalez N, Beemster G, Inze D, Tsukaya H. Impact of segmental chromosomal duplications on leaf size in the grandifolia-D mutants of Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant J. 2009;60:122-33 pubmed publisher..In the duplications, genes were found that encode AINTEGUMENTA (ANT), a factor that extends the duration of cell proliferation, and CYCD3;1, a G(1)/S cyclin...
- Wynn A, Rueschhoff E, Franks R. Transcriptomic characterization of a synergistic genetic interaction during carpel margin meristem development in Arabidopsis thaliana. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e26231 pubmed publisher..When fertilized the ovules will develop into seeds. SEUSS (SEU) and AINTEGUMENTA (ANT) encode transcriptional regulators that are critical for the proper formation of ovules from the carpel ..
- Schneitz K, Baker S, Gasser C, Redweik A. Pattern formation and growth during floral organogenesis: HUELLENLOS and AINTEGUMENTA are required for the formation of the proximal region of the ovule primordium in Arabidopsis thaliana. Development. 1998;125:2555-63 pubmed..Two genes, HUELLENLOS and AINTEGUMENTA have overlapping functions in the ovule and differentially control the formation of the central and proximal ..
- Okamuro J, Caster B, Villarroel R, Van Montagu M, Jofuku K. The AP2 domain of APETALA2 defines a large new family of DNA binding proteins in Arabidopsis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:7076-81 pubmed..Moreover, the expression of at least three RAP2 genes in vegetative tissues are controlled by AP2. Thus, unlike other floral homeotic genes, AP2 is active during both reproductive and vegetative development. ..
- Mudunkothge J, Krizek B. Three Arabidopsis AIL/PLT genes act in combination to regulate shoot apical meristem function. Plant J. 2012;71:108-21 pubmed publisher..of shoot apical meristem activity in Arabidopsis thaliana that encode related AIL/PLT transcription factors: AINTEGUMENTA (ANT), AINTEGUMENTA-LIKE6 (AIL6)/PLETHORA3 (PLT3) and AINTEGUMENTA-LIKE7 (AIL7)/PLETHORA7 (PLT7)...
- Nole Wilson S, Krizek B. DNA binding properties of the Arabidopsis floral development protein AINTEGUMENTA. Nucleic Acids Res. 2000;28:4076-82 pubmedThe Arabidopsis protein AINTEGUMENTA (ANT) is a member of a plant-specific family of transcription factors (AP2/EREBP) that share either one or two copies of an approximately 70 amino acid region called the AP2 repeat...
- Yamaguchi N, Jeong C, Nole Wilson S, Krizek B, Wagner D. AINTEGUMENTA and AINTEGUMENTA-LIKE6/PLETHORA3 Induce LEAFY Expression in Response to Auxin to Promote the Onset of Flower Formation in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2016;170:283-93 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that two transcription factors belonging to the AINTEGUMENTA-LIKE/PLETHORA family, AINTEGUMENTA (ANT) and AINTEGUMENTA-LIKE6/PLETHORA3 (AIL6/PLT3), act in parallel with MP ..