Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: AIL6
Description: AINTEGUMENTA-like 6
Alias: AINTEGUMENTA-like 6, F12B17.140, F12B17_140, PLETHORA 3, PLT3, AINTEGUMENTA-like 6
Species: thale cress
- Yamaguchi N, Jeong C, Nole Wilson S, Krizek B, Wagner D. AINTEGUMENTA and AINTEGUMENTA-LIKE6/PLETHORA3 Induce LEAFY Expression in Response to Auxin to Promote the Onset of Flower Formation in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2016;170:283-93 pubmed publisher..belonging to the AINTEGUMENTA-LIKE/PLETHORA family, AINTEGUMENTA (ANT) and AINTEGUMENTA-LIKE6/PLETHORA3 (AIL6/PLT3), act in parallel with MP to upregulate LFY in response to auxin...
- Hofhuis H, Laskowski M, Du Y, Prasad K, Grigg S, Pinon V, et al. Phyllotaxis and rhizotaxis in Arabidopsis are modified by three PLETHORA transcription factors. Curr Biol. 2013;23:956-62 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that, in Arabidopsis thaliana, three transcriptional regulators implicated in phyllotaxis, PLETHORA3 (PLT3), PLT5, and PLT7, are expressed in incipient lateral root primordia where they are required for primordium ..
- Okamuro J, Caster B, Villarroel R, Van Montagu M, Jofuku K. The AP2 domain of APETALA2 defines a large new family of DNA binding proteins in Arabidopsis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:7076-81 pubmed..Moreover, the expression of at least three RAP2 genes in vegetative tissues are controlled by AP2. Thus, unlike other floral homeotic genes, AP2 is active during both reproductive and vegetative development. ..
- Du Y, Scheres B. PLETHORA transcription factors orchestrate de novo organ patterning during Arabidopsis lateral root outgrowth. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2017;114:11709-11714 pubmed publisher..Here, we characterize the effects of three PLETHORA (PLT) transcription factors, PLT3, PLT5, and PLT7, during LR outgrowth...
- Schneitz K, Baker S, Gasser C, Redweik A. Pattern formation and growth during floral organogenesis: HUELLENLOS and AINTEGUMENTA are required for the formation of the proximal region of the ovule primordium in Arabidopsis thaliana. Development. 1998;125:2555-63 pubmed..Furthermore, we show that HUELLENLOS also regulates the initiation and/or maintenance of integument and embryo sac ontogenesis and interestingly prevents inappropriate cell death in the young ovule. ..
- Klucher K, Chow H, Reiser L, Fischer R. The AINTEGUMENTA gene of Arabidopsis required for ovule and female gametophyte development is related to the floral homeotic gene APETALA2. Plant Cell. 1996;8:137-53 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that ANT is a transcription factor that plays a critical role in regulating ovule and female gametophyte development. ..
- Krizek B. Intronic sequences are required for AINTEGUMENTA-LIKE6 expression in Arabidopsis flowers. BMC Res Notes. 2015;8:556 pubmed publisherThe AINTEGUMENTA-LIKE6/PLETHORA3 (AIL6/PLT3) gene of Arabidopsis thaliana is a key regulator of growth and patterning in both shoots and roots...
- Krizek B, Bequette C, Xu K, Blakley I, Fu Z, Stratmann J, et al. RNA-Seq Links the Transcription Factors AINTEGUMENTA and AINTEGUMENTA-LIKE6 to Cell Wall Remodeling and Plant Defense Pathways. Plant Physiol. 2016;171:2069-84 pubmed publisherAINTEGUMENTA (ANT) and AINTEGUMENTA-LIKE6 (AIL6) are two related transcription factors in Arabidopsis (Arabidopsis thaliana) that have partially overlapping roles in several aspects of flower development, including floral organ initiation,..
- Kareem A, Durgaprasad K, Sugimoto K, Du Y, Pulianmackal A, Trivedi Z, et al. PLETHORA Genes Control Regeneration by a Two-Step Mechanism. Curr Biol. 2015;25:1017-30 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that three PLETHORA (PLT) genes, PLT3, PLT5, and PLT7, regulate de novo shoot regeneration in Arabidopsis by controlling two distinct developmental ..
- Elliott R, Betzner A, Huttner E, Oakes M, Tucker W, Gerentes D, et al. AINTEGUMENTA, an APETALA2-like gene of Arabidopsis with pleiotropic roles in ovule development and floral organ growth. Plant Cell. 1996;8:155-68 pubmed..The expression pattern of ANT in floral and vegetative tissues indicates that it is involved not only in the initiation of integuments but also in the initiation and early growth of all primorida except roots. ..