Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ACT2
Description: actin 2
Alias: DEFORMED ROOT HAIRS 1, DER1, ENHANCER OF LRX1 2, ENL2, FIZ2, FRIZZY AND KINKED SHOOTS 2, LIGHT STRESS-REGULATED 2, LSR2, actin 2, actin 2
Species: thale cress
- Ringli C, Baumberger N, Keller B. The Arabidopsis root hair mutants der2-der9 are affected at different stages of root hair development. Plant Cell Physiol. 2005;46:1046-53 pubmed..A double mutant analysis with the short root hair actin2 mutant der1-2 confirmed that the der mutants are disturbed at different time points of root hair formation...
- Li G, Xue H. Arabidopsis PLDzeta2 regulates vesicle trafficking and is required for auxin response. Plant Cell. 2007;19:281-95 pubmed..These results suggest that PLDzeta2 and PA are required for the normal cycling of PIN2-containing vesicles as well as for function in auxin transport and distribution, and hence auxin responses. ..
- Kusano H, Testerink C, Vermeer J, Tsuge T, Shimada H, Oka A, et al. The Arabidopsis Phosphatidylinositol Phosphate 5-Kinase PIP5K3 is a key regulator of root hair tip growth. Plant Cell. 2008;20:367-80 pubmed publisher..These results provide evidence that PIP5K3 is involved in localizing PtdIns(4,5)P2 to the elongating root hair apex and is a key regulator of the machinery that initiates and promotes root hair tip growth. ..
- Brenner W, Romanov G, Köllmer I, Bürkle L, Schmülling T. Immediate-early and delayed cytokinin response genes of Arabidopsis thaliana identified by genome-wide expression profiling reveal novel cytokinin-sensitive processes and suggest cytokinin action through transcriptional cascades. Plant J. 2005;44:314-33 pubmed..Taken together, we present a genome-wide view of changes in cytokinin-responsive transcript abundance of genes that might be functionally relevant for the many biological processes that are governed by cytokinins. ..
- Wallström S, Aidemark M, Escobar M, Rasmusson A. An alternatively spliced domain of the NDC1 NAD(P)H dehydrogenase gene strongly influences the expression of the ACTIN2 reference gene in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Sci. 2012;183:190-6 pubmed publisher..Also for other reference genes, strong expressional effects were observed when comparing various mutants and wildtypes in microarray databases. ..
- Yang X, Xu Z, Xue H. Arabidopsis membrane steroid binding protein 1 is involved in inhibition of cell elongation. Plant Cell. 2005;17:116-31 pubmed..This study demonstrates the functional roles of a steroid binding protein in growth regulation in higher plants. ..
- Tepperman J, Hwang Y, Quail P. phyA dominates in transduction of red-light signals to rapidly responding genes at the initiation of Arabidopsis seedling de-etiolation. Plant J. 2006;48:728-42 pubmed
- Lu Y, Steichen J, Yao J, Sharkey T. The role of cytosolic alpha-glucan phosphorylase in maltose metabolism and the comparison of amylomaltase in Arabidopsis and Escherichia coli. Plant Physiol. 2006;142:878-89 pubmed..Other plant species also contain SHG, DPE2, and alpha-glucan phosphorylase, so this pathway for maltose metabolism may be widespread among plants. ..