Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ACS6
Description: 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylic acid (acc) synthase 6
Alias: 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylic acid (acc) synthase 6, ATACS6, F8L21.70, F8L21_70, 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylic acid (acc) synthase 6
Species: thale cress
- Luo X, Chen Z, Gao J, Gong Z. Abscisic acid inhibits root growth in Arabidopsis through ethylene biosynthesis. Plant J. 2014;79:44-55 pubmed publisher..Two ABA-activated calcium-dependent protein kinases, CPK4 and CPK11, phosphorylate the C-terminus of ACS6 and increase the stability of ACS6 in ethylene biosynthesis...
- Devoto A, Ellis C, Magusin A, Chang H, Chilcott C, Zhu T, et al. Expression profiling reveals COI1 to be a key regulator of genes involved in wound- and methyl jasmonate-induced secondary metabolism, defence, and hormone interactions. Plant Mol Biol. 2005;58:497-513 pubmed..These results indicate that COI1 plays a pivotal role in wound- and JA signalling. ..
- Ludwikow A, Cieśla A, Kasprowicz Maluśki A, Mituła F, Tajdel M, Gałgański Ł, et al. Arabidopsis protein phosphatase 2C ABI1 interacts with type I ACC synthases and is involved in the regulation of ozone-induced ethylene biosynthesis. Mol Plant. 2014;7:960-976 pubmed publisher..We found that ABI1 interacts with ACS6 and dephosphorylates its C-terminal fragment, a target of the stress-responsive mitogen-activated protein kinase, ..
- Babula D, Misztal L, Jakubowicz M, Kaczmarek M, Nowak W, Sadowski J. Genes involved in biosynthesis and signalisation of ethylene in Brassica oleracea and Arabidopsis thaliana: identification and genome comparative mapping of specific gene homologues. Theor Appl Genet. 2006;112:410-20 pubmed..thaliana was followed by the identification of homologues to ACS2, ACS6 and ACS7 in the B. oleracea database...
- Schellingen K, Van Der Straeten D, Vandenbussche F, Prinsen E, Remans T, Vangronsveld J, et al. Cadmium-induced ethylene production and responses in Arabidopsis thaliana rely on ACS2 and ACS6 gene expression. BMC Plant Biol. 2014;14:214 pubmed publisher..ACC synthesis is the rate-limiting step in ethylene biosynthesis, and transcript levels of both ACS2 and ACS6 showed the highest increase and became the most abundant isoforms after Cd exposure, suggesting their importance in ..
- Miller J, Arteca R, Pell E. Senescence-associated gene expression during ozone-induced leaf senescence in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 1999;120:1015-24 pubmed..and BCB (blue copper-binding protein) were induced within 2 to 4 d of O(3) treatment; SAG18, SAG20, and ACS6 (ACC synthase) were induced within 4 to 6 d; and CCH (copper chaperone) was induced within 6 to 8 d...
- CatalÃ¡ R, LÃ³pez Cobollo R, Mar Castellano M, Angosto T, Alonso J, Ecker J, et al. The Arabidopsis 14-3-3 protein RARE COLD INDUCIBLE 1A links low-temperature response and ethylene biosynthesis to regulate freezing tolerance and cold acclimation. Plant Cell. 2014;26:3326-42 pubmed publisher..All these data indicate that RCI1A connects the low-temperature response with ET biosynthesis to modulate constitutive freezing tolerance and cold acclimation in Arabidopsis. ..
- Etchells J, Provost C, Turner S. Plant vascular cell division is maintained by an interaction between PXY and ethylene signalling. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002997 pubmed publisher..We propose a model whereby vascular cell division is regulated both by PXY signalling and ethylene/ERF signalling. Under normal circumstances, however, PXY signalling acts to repress the ethylene/ERF pathway. ..
- Song C, Steinebrunner I, Wang X, Stout S, Roux S. Extracellular ATP induces the accumulation of superoxide via NADPH oxidases in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2006;140:1222-32 pubmed..Together, these data suggest a possible role for extracellular ATP as a signal potentially in wound and stress responses. ..
- Datta R, Kumar D, Sultana A, Hazra S, Bhattacharyya D, Chattopadhyay S. Glutathione Regulates 1-Aminocyclopropane-1-Carboxylate Synthase Transcription via WRKY33 and 1-Aminocyclopropane-1-Carboxylate Oxidase by Modulating Messenger RNA Stability to Induce Ethylene Synthesis during Stress. Plant Physiol. 2015;169:2963-81 pubmed publisher..Arabidopsis thaliana) plants with enhanced GSH content (AtECS) exhibited remarkable up-regulation of ACS2, ACS6, and ACO1 at transcript as well as protein levels, while they were down-regulated in the GSH-depleted phytoalexin ..