Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ABCB19
Description: ATP binding cassette subfamily B19
Alias: ATABCB19, ATMDR1, ATMDR11, ATP BINDING CASSETTE SUBFAMILY B19, ATP binding cassette subfamily B19, ATP-binding cassette B19, ATPGP19, Arabidopsis thaliana ATP-binding cassette B19, MDR1, MDR11, MULTIDRUG RESISTANCE PROTEIN 11, P-GLYCOPROTEIN 19, PGP19, ATP binding cassette subfamily B19
Species: thale cress
- Cho M, Lee S, Cho H. P-glycoprotein4 displays auxin efflux transporter-like action in Arabidopsis root hair cells and tobacco cells. Plant Cell. 2007;19:3930-43 pubmed..Root hair cell-specific overexpression of PGP4 (PGP4ox) and known auxin efflux transporters, such as PGP1, PGP19, and PIN-FORMEDs, decreased root hair elongation, whereas overexpression of the influx transporter AUXIN-..
- Lewis D, Wu G, Ljung K, Spalding E. Auxin transport into cotyledons and cotyledon growth depend similarly on the ABCB19 Multidrug Resistance-like transporter. Plant J. 2009;60:91-101 pubmed publisherb>ABCB19 of Arabidopsis thaliana (formerly known as MDR1 and PGP19) belongs to the Multidrug Resistance-like (MDR) or B group of the ATP-binding cassette (ABC) transporter superfamily, and mediates polar auxin transport in stems and roots...
- Christie J, Yang H, Richter G, Sullivan S, Thomson C, Lin J, et al. phot1 inhibition of ABCB19 primes lateral auxin fluxes in the shoot apex required for phototropism. PLoS Biol. 2011;9:e1001076 pubmed publisher..Within this region, we identify the auxin efflux transporter ATP-BINDING CASSETTE B19 (ABCB19) as a substrate target for the photoreceptor kinase PHOTOTROPIN 1 (phot1)...
- Petrasek J, Mravec J, Bouchard R, Blakeslee J, Abas M, Seifertová D, et al. PIN proteins perform a rate-limiting function in cellular auxin efflux. Science. 2006;312:914-8 pubmed..This suggests a direct involvement of PINs in catalyzing cellular auxin efflux...
- Yang H, Richter G, Wang X, Młodzińska E, Carraro N, Ma G, et al. Sterols and sphingolipids differentially function in trafficking of the Arabidopsis ABCB19 auxin transporter. Plant J. 2013;74:37-47 pubmed publisherThe Arabidopsis ATP-binding cassette B19 (ABCB19, P-glycoprotein19) transporter functions coordinately with ABCB1 and PIN1 to motivate long-distance transport of the phytohormone auxin from the shoot to root apex...
- Cho M, Henry E, Lewis D, Wu G, Muday G, Spalding E. Block of ATP-binding cassette B19 ion channel activity by 5-nitro-2-(3-phenylpropylamino)-benzoic acid impairs polar auxin transport and root gravitropism. Plant Physiol. 2014;166:2091-9 pubmed publisher..The messenger RNA level of at least one B-subgroup ABCB gene in Arabidopsis (Arabidopsis thaliana), ABCB19, increases upon treatment with the anion channel blocker 5-nitro-2-(3-phenylpropylamino)-benzoic acid (NPPB), ..
- Okamoto K, Ueda H, Shimada T, Tamura K, Koumoto Y, Tasaka M, et al. An ABC transporter B family protein, ABCB19, is required for cytoplasmic streaming and gravitropism of the inflorescence stems. Plant Signal Behav. 2016;11:e1010947 pubmed publisher..11 Âµm/s in an Arabidopsis mutant, abcb19-101, which lacks ATP BINDING CASSETTE SUBFAMILY B19 (ABCB19) that mediates the polar transport of the phytohormone auxin together with PIN-FORMED (PIN) ..
- Wu G, Carville J, Spalding E. ABCB19-mediated polar auxin transport modulates Arabidopsis hypocotyl elongation and the endoreplication variant of the cell cycle. Plant J. 2016;85:209-18 pubmed publisher..This elongation process is shown here to be impaired by as much as 35% in mutants lacking ABCB19, an ATP-binding cassette membrane protein required for polar auxin transport, during a limited time of fast growth ..
- Cecchetti V, Altamura M, Falasca G, Costantino P, Cardarelli M. Auxin regulates Arabidopsis anther dehiscence, pollen maturation, and filament elongation. Plant Cell. 2008;20:1760-74 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that auxin synthesized in anthers plays a major role in coordinating anther dehiscence and pollen maturation, while auxin transport contributes to the independent regulation of preanthesis filament elongation. ..
- Zhao H, Liu L, Mo H, Qian L, Cao Y, Cui S, et al. The ATP-binding cassette transporter ABCB19 regulates postembryonic organ separation in Arabidopsis. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e60809 pubmed publisher..Here, we characterized the function of ABCB19 in the control of Arabidopsis organ boundary development...
- Sukumar P, Maloney G, Muday G. Localized induction of the ATP-binding cassette B19 auxin transporter enhances adventitious root formation in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2013;162:1392-405 pubmed publisher..pin-formed1 (pin1), pin2, pin3, and pin7, with the most profound reductions observed in ATP-binding cassette B19 (ABCB19). An ABCB19 overexpression line forms more adventitious roots than the wild type in intact seedlings...
- Cecchetti V, Brunetti P, Napoli N, Fattorini L, Altamura M, Costantino P, et al. ABCB1 and ABCB19 auxin transporters have synergistic effects on early and late Arabidopsis anther development. J Integr Plant Biol. 2015;57:1089-98 pubmed publisherArabidopsis abcb1 abcb19 double mutants defective in the auxin transporters ABCB1/PGP1 and ABCB19/PGP19 are altered in stamen elongation, anther dehiscence and pollen maturation...