Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ABCB1
Description: ATP binding cassette subfamily B1
Alias: ARABIDOPSIS THALIANA P GLYCOPROTEIN1, ATP binding cassette subfamily B1, ATP-binding cassette B1, ATPGP1, P-GLYCOPROTEIN 1, PGP1, T1J8.9, T1J8_9, ATP binding cassette subfamily B1
Species: thale cress
- Geisler M, Kolukisaoglu H, Bouchard R, Billion K, Berger J, Saal B, et al. TWISTED DWARF1, a unique plasma membrane-anchored immunophilin-like protein, interacts with Arabidopsis multidrug resistance-like transporters AtPGP1 and AtPGP19. Mol Biol Cell. 2003;14:4238-49 pubmed..cDNA sequences that encode the C-terminal domain of Arabidopsis multidrug-resistance-like ABC transporter AtPGP1. This interaction was verified in vitro...
- Lin R, Wang H. Two homologous ATP-binding cassette transporter proteins, AtMDR1 and AtPGP1, regulate Arabidopsis photomorphogenesis and root development by mediating polar auxin transport. Plant Physiol. 2005;138:949-64 pubmed..here functional characterization of two closely related ABC (ATP-binding cassette) transporter genes, AtMDR1 and AtPGP1, in light and auxin responses...
- Bailly A, Wang B, Zwiewka M, Pollmann S, Schenck D, Lüthen H, et al. Expression of TWISTED DWARF1 lacking its in-plane membrane anchor leads to increased cell elongation and hypermorphic growth. Plant J. 2014;77:108-18 pubmed publisher..These data support a model in which TWD1 controls lateral ABCB1-mediated export into the apoplast, which is required for auxin-mediated cell elongation.
- Blakeslee J, Bandyopadhyay A, Lee O, Mravec J, Titapiwatanakun B, Sauer M, et al. Interactions among PIN-FORMED and P-glycoprotein auxin transporters in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2007;19:131-47 pubmed..Here, we show that PGP1 and PGP19 colocalized with PIN1 in the shoot apex in Arabidopsis thaliana and with PIN1 and PIN2 in root tissues...
- Wang B, Bailly A, Zwiewka M, Henrichs S, Azzarello E, Mancuso S, et al. Arabidopsis TWISTED DWARF1 functionally interacts with auxin exporter ABCB1 on the root plasma membrane. Plant Cell. 2013;25:202-14 pubmed publisher..At these epidermal plasma membrane domains, TWD1 colocalizes with nonpolar ABCB1. In planta bioluminescence resonance energy transfer analysis was used to verify specific ABC transporter B1 (..
- Cecchetti V, Brunetti P, Napoli N, Fattorini L, Altamura M, Costantino P, et al. ABCB1 and ABCB19 auxin transporters have synergistic effects on early and late Arabidopsis anther development. J Integr Plant Biol. 2015;57:1089-98 pubmed publisherArabidopsis abcb1 abcb19 double mutants defective in the auxin transporters ABCB1/PGP1 and ABCB19/PGP19 are altered in stamen elongation, anther dehiscence and pollen maturation...
- Geisler M, Blakeslee J, Bouchard R, Lee O, Vincenzetti V, Bandyopadhyay A, et al. Cellular efflux of auxin catalyzed by the Arabidopsis MDR/PGP transporter AtPGP1. Plant J. 2005;44:179-94 pubmed..resistance/P-glycoproteins (MDR/PGPs) have been implicated in auxin transport, as defects in MDR1 (AtPGP19) and AtPGP1 result in reductions of growth and auxin transport in Arabidopsis (atpgp1, atpgp19), maize (brachytic2) and ..