Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ABA3
Description: molybdenum cofactor sulfurase (LOS5) (ABA3)
Alias: ABA DEFICIENT 3, ACI2, ALTERED CHLOROPLAST IMPORT 2, ATABA3, AtLOS5, F19K19.13, F19K19_13, LOS5, LOW OSMOTIC STRESS 5, MOLYBDENUM COFACTOR SULFURASE, SIR3, SIRTINOL RESISTANT 3, molybdenum cofactor sulfurase (LOS5) (ABA3)
Species: thale cress
- Melotto M, Underwood W, Koczan J, Nomura K, He S. Plant stomata function in innate immunity against bacterial invasion. Cell. 2006;126:969-80 pubmed..We provide evidence that supports a model in which stomata, as part of an integral innate immune system, act as a barrier against bacterial infection. ..
- Lu Y, Li Y, Zhang J, Xiao Y, Yue Y, Duan L, et al. Overexpression of Arabidopsis molybdenum cofactor sulfurase gene confers drought tolerance in maize (Zea mays L.). PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e52126 pubmed publisher..Overexpression of Arabidopsis molybdenum cofactor sulfurase gene (LOS5) in maize markedly enhanced the expression of ZmAO and aldehyde oxidase (AO) activity, ..
- Zhang J, Yu H, Zhang Y, Wang Y, Li M, Zhang J, et al. Increased abscisic acid levels in transgenic maize overexpressing AtLOS5 mediated root ion fluxes and leaf water status under salt stress. J Exp Bot. 2016;67:1339-55 pubmed publisher..b>AtLOS5 encoding molybdenum cofactor sulphurase is a key regulator of ABA biosynthesis...
- Wollers S, Heidenreich T, Zarepour M, Zachmann D, Kraft C, Zhao Y, et al. Binding of sulfurated molybdenum cofactor to the C-terminal domain of ABA3 from Arabidopsis thaliana provides insight into the mechanism of molybdenum cofactor sulfuration. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:9642-50 pubmed publisherThe molybdenum cofactor sulfurase ABA3 from Arabidopsis thaliana is needed for post-translational activation of aldehyde oxidase and xanthine dehydrogenase by transferring a sulfur atom to the desulfo-molybdenum cofactor of these enzymes...
- Li Y, Zhang J, Zhang J, Hao L, Hua J, Duan L, et al. Expression of an Arabidopsis molybdenum cofactor sulphurase gene in soybean enhances drought tolerance and increases yield under field conditions. Plant Biotechnol J. 2013;11:747-58 pubmed publisherb>LOS5/ABA3 gene encoding molybdenum cofactor sulphurase is involved in aldehyde oxidase (AO) activity in Arabidopsis, which indirectly regulates ABA biosynthesis and increased stress tolerance...
- Zhong R, Thompson J, Ottesen E, Lamppa G. A forward genetic screen to explore chloroplast protein import in vivo identifies Moco sulfurase, pivotal for ABA and IAA biosynthesis and purine turnover. Plant J. 2010;63:44-59 pubmed publisher..b>aci2-1 was selected for further study...
- Yue Y, Zhang M, Zhang J, Tian X, Duan L, Li Z. Overexpression of the AtLOS5 gene increased abscisic acid level and drought tolerance in transgenic cotton. J Exp Bot. 2012;63:3741-8 pubmed publisher..The transformation and overexpression of AtLOS5 were assessed by PCR and RT-PCR analysis...