Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ABA2
Description: Xanthoxin dehydrogenase
Alias: ABA DEFICIENT 2, ARABIDOPSIS THALIANA ABA DEFICIENT 2, ATABA2, ATSDR1, F19K6.3, F19K6_3, GIN1, GLUCOSE INSENSITIVE 1, IMPAIRED SUCROSE INDUCTION 4, ISI4, SALT RESISTANT 1, SDR1, SHORT-CHAIN DEHYDROGENASE REDUCTASE 1, SHORT-CHAIN DEHYDROGENASE/REDUCTASE 1, SIS4, SRE1, SUGAR-INSENSITIVE 4
Species: thale cress
- Biochemical characterization of the aba2 and aba3 mutants in Arabidopsis thalianaS H Schwartz
Michigan State University Department of Energy Plant Research Laboratory, East Lansing 48824 1312, USA
Plant Physiol 114:161-6. 1997..Mutants at two new loci, aba2 and aba3, have recently been isolated in Arabidopsis thaliana (L.) Hynh. (K.M. Léon-Kloosterziel, M...
- Characterization of an Arabidopsis thaliana mutant that has a defect in ABA accumulation: ABA-dependent and ABA-independent accumulation of free amino acids during dehydrationE Nambara
Department of Applied Bioscience, Faculty of Agriculture, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
Plant Cell Physiol 39:853-8. 1998..Genetic analysis showed this mutation is a new allele of a recently reported locus aba2, and therefore has been designated aba2-2...
- Ectopic expression of ABSCISIC ACID 2/GLUCOSE INSENSITIVE 1 in Arabidopsis promotes seed dormancy and stress tolerancePei Chi Lin
Institute of Plant and Microbial Biology, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Plant Physiol 143:745-58. 2007..In this study, we investigated the effect of ectopic expression of another ABA biosynthesis gene, ABA2 (or GLUCOSE INSENSITIVE 1 [GIN1]) encoding a short-chain dehydrogenase/reductase in Arabidopsis (Arabidopsis thaliana)...
- The short-chain alcohol dehydrogenase ABA2 catalyzes the conversion of xanthoxin to abscisic aldehydeMiguel Gonzalez-Guzman
Instituto de Biologia Molecular y Celular de Plantas, Universidad Politecnica de Valencia Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Camino de Vera, E 46022 Valencia, Spain
Plant Cell 14:1833-46. 2002..Complementation analyses revealed that sre1-1, sre1-2, sañ3-1, and sañ3-2 were alleles of the abscisic acid (ABA) biosynthesis ABA2 gene...
- A unique short-chain dehydrogenase/reductase in Arabidopsis glucose signaling and abscisic acid biosynthesis and functionsWan Hsing Cheng
Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, and Department of Molecular Biology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Plant Cell 14:2723-43. 2002..We report here on the molecular cloning of GLUCOSE INSENSITIVE1 (GIN1) and ABSCISIC ACID DEFICIENT2 (ABA2) which encodes a unique Arabidopsis short-chain dehydrogenase/reductase (SDR1) that functions as a molecular link ..
- Sugar and hormone connectionsPatricia Leon
Departamento de Biologia Molecular de Plantas, Instituto de Biotecnologia, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Cuernavaca, Morelos 62271, Mexico
Trends Plant Sci 8:110-6. 2003..The effects of sugar and osmotic stress on morphogenesis and gene expression are distinct. The plasticity of plant growth and development are exemplified by the complex interplay of sugar and hormone signalling...
- Heat stress phenotypes of Arabidopsis mutants implicate multiple signaling pathways in the acquisition of thermotoleranceJane Larkindale
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85721, USA
Plant Physiol 138:882-97. 2005..nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate oxidase homolog genes (atrbohB and D), ABA biosynthesis mutants (aba1, aba2, and aba3), and NahG transgenic lines (salicylic acid deficient) showed weaker defects...
- The identification of genes involved in the stomatal response to reduced atmospheric relative humidityXiaodong Xie
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Lancaster, Lancaster LA1 4YQ, United Kingdom
Curr Biol 16:882-7. 2006..OST1 encodes a protein kinase involved in ABA-mediated stomatal closure while ABA2 encodes an enzyme involved in ABA biosynthesis...
- Regulation of hormone metabolism in Arabidopsis seeds: phytochrome regulation of abscisic acid metabolism and abscisic acid regulation of gibberellin metabolismMitsunori Seo
Growth Regulation Research Group, RIKEN Plant Science Center, Suehiro cho 1 7 22, Tsurumi, Yokohama, Kanagawa 230 0045, Japan
Plant J 48:354-66. 2006..Spatial expression patterns of the AtABA2 and AAO3 genes, responsible for last two steps of ABA biosynthesis, were distinct from that of the GA biosynthesis ..