Gene Symbol: glbN
Species: synechocystis sp. pcc 6803
- Cloning, expression, purification, and preliminary characterization of a putative hemoglobin from the cyanobacterium Synechocystis sp. PCC 6803N L Scott
Department of Chemistry and the Center for Biomolecular Structure and Function, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park 16802, USA
Protein Sci 9:587-97. 2000The genome of the unicellular cyanobacterium Synechocystis sp. PCC 6803 contains a gene (slr2097, glbN) encoding a 123 amino-acid product with sequence similarity to globins...
- Structural investigations of the hemoglobin of the cyanobacterium Synechocystis PCC6803 reveal a unique distal heme pocketM Couture
Department of Biochemistry and Microbiology, Laval University, Quebec, Canada
Eur J Biochem 267:4770-80. 2000..We conclude that the heme pocket of the wild type Synechocystis Hb has a unique structure that requires a histidine residue at the E10 position for the formation of its native structure...
- Assignment of the 1H, 13C, and 15N signals of Synechocystis sp. PCC 6803 methemoglobinChristopher J Falzone
J Biomol NMR 23:71-2. 2002
- Novel histidine-heme covalent linkage in a hemoglobinB Christie Vu
Department of Chemistry and the Center for Biomolecular Structure and Function, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania 16802, USA
J Am Chem Soc 124:8544-5. 2002..Dithionite treatment of the globin reconstituted with Zn protoporphyrin IX sample did not lead to 2-vinyl group modification, suggesting that the chemical reduction of the heme iron facilitated the attachment...
- The solution structure of the recombinant hemoglobin from the cyanobacterium Synechocystis sp. PCC 6803 in its hemichrome stateChristopher J Falzone
Department of Chemistry and the Center for Biomolecular Structure and Function, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
J Mol Biol 324:1015-29. 2002..Comparison to the truncated hemoglobin from the green alga Chlamydomonas eugametos also suggested how the endogenous hexacoordination affected the structure...
- The crystal structure of Synechocystis hemoglobin with a covalent heme linkageJulie A Hoy
Department of Biochemistry, Biophysics, and Molecular Biology, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa 50011, USA
J Biol Chem 279:16535-42. 2004..The stereochemistry of hexacoordination is compared with other hexacoordinate hemoglobins and cytochromes in an effort to illuminate factors contributing to ligand affinity in hexacoordinate hemoglobins...
- Crystallographic analysis of synechocystis cyanoglobin reveals the structural changes accompanying ligand binding in a hexacoordinate hemoglobinJames T Trent
Department of Biochemistry, Biophysics and Molecular Biology, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50010, USA
J Mol Biol 341:1097-108. 2004....
- Structural and dynamic properties of Synechocystis sp. PCC 6803 Hb revealed by reconstitution with Zn-protoporphyrin IXJuliette T J Lecomte
Department of Chemistry, The Pennsylvania State University, 104 Chemistry Building, University Park, PA 16802, USA
J Inorg Biochem 99:1585-92. 2005..The NMR data also demonstrated that the H helix underwent complex dynamic processes near His117, a residue readily reacting with the wild-type heme 2-vinyl group in a post-translational modification...
- Covalent heme attachment in Synechocystis hemoglobin is required to prevent ferrous heme dissociationJulie A Hoy
Department of Biochemistry, Biophysics, and Molecular Biology, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011, USA
Protein Sci 16:250-60. 2007....