Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: srlA
Description: glucitol/sorbitol-specific enzyme IIC component of PTS
Alias: ECK2697, JW5429, gutA, sbl
- Xylitol and D-arabitol toxicities due to derepressed fructose, galactitol, and sorbitol phosphotransferases of Escherichia coliA M Reiner
J Bacteriol 132:166-73. 1977....
- Routes for fructose utilization by Escherichia coliH L Kornberg
Department of Biology, Boston University, MA 02215, USA
J Mol Microbiol Biotechnol 3:355-9. 2001..3,4,5-D-arabino-hexoseconfiguration but with primary specificity for mannose(manXYZ), mannitol (mtlA) and glucitol (gutA) and which, if over-produced, can transport also fructose...
- A specialized transducing phage, lambda psrlA, for the sorbitol phosphotransferase of Escherichia coli K12A Boronat
J Gen Microbiol 128:605-11. 1982A specialized transducing phage for the srlA gene, specifying the sorbitol-specific Enzyme II of the phosphoenolpyruvate:sugar phosphotransferase system, was constructed and its DNA was analysed by restriction endonuclease digestion...
- Physical mapping of the srl recA region of Escherichia coli: analysis of Tn10 generated insertions and deletionsD K Willis
Mol Gen Genet 183:497-504. 1981..A deletion, del(srl-recA)306, that had not affected the structure of the Tn10 in srlR301 was shown to have removed the entire recA structural gene...
- Glucitol-specific enzymes of the phosphotransferase system in Escherichia coli. Nucleotide sequence of the gut operonM Yamada
J Biol Chem 262:5455-63. 1987..phosphotransferase system as well as glucitol-6-phosphate dehydrogenase which are encoded by the gutA, gutB, and gutD genes of the gut operon, respectively, are predicted to consist of 506 (Mr = 54,018), 123 (Mr = 13,..
- Positive and negative regulators for glucitol (gut) operon expression in Escherichia coliM Yamada
Department of Biology, John Muir College, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla 92093
J Mol Biol 203:569-83. 1988..An additional cistron of the gut operon, of unknown function, may follow the gutR gene...
- Physical and genetic characterization of the glucitol operon in Escherichia coliM Yamada
J Bacteriol 169:2990-4. 1987..The operon, which is encoded in a 3.3-kilobase nucleotide fragment, consists of the gutC, gutA, gutB, and gutD genes...
- A whole genome approach to in vivo DNA-protein interactions in E. coliM X Wang
Laboratory of Oncology Research, Wills Eye Hospital, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Nature 360:606-10. 1992..The in vivo protection at the Dam site upstream of the car operon was correlated with a downregulation of car expression, as expected of a feedback repressor-binding model...
- Experimentally based topology models for E. coli inner membrane proteinsMikaela Rapp
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Karolinska Institutet, SE 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Protein Sci 13:937-45. 2004..We further report experimentally based topology models for 31 Escherichia coli inner membrane proteins, using methodology suitable for genome-scale studies...