Gene Symbol: SINVgp3
Description: p130 structural polyprotein
Alias: p130 structural polyprotein
Species: Sindbis virus
- Rice C, Strauss J. Nucleotide sequence of the 26S mRNA of Sindbis virus and deduced sequence of the encoded virus structural proteins. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1981;78:2062-6 pubmed
- Warrier R, Linger B, Golden B, Kuhn R. Role of sindbis virus capsid protein region II in nucleocapsid core assembly and encapsidation of genomic RNA. J Virol. 2008;82:4461-70 pubmed publisher..The region that is responsible for nucleocapsid core accumulation has considerable overlap with the region that controls encapsidation specificity...
- Strauss E, Rice C, Strauss J. Sequence coding for the alphavirus nonstructural proteins is interrupted by an opal termination codon. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1983;80:5271-5 pubmed
- Rice C, Strauss J. Synthesis, cleavage and sequence analysis of DNA complementary to the 26 S messenger RNA of Sindbis virus. J Mol Biol. 1981;150:315-40 pubmed
- Zhu W, Wang L, Yang Y, Jia J, Fu S, Feng Y, et al. Interaction of E2 glycoprotein with heparan sulfate is crucial for cellular infection of Sindbis virus. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e9656 pubmed publisher..As a new dataset, these results clearly confirm an essential role of E2 glycoprotein, especially the domain of 145-150 aa, in SINV cellular infection through the interaction with HS...
- Ou J, Rice C, Dalgarno L, Strauss E, Strauss J. Sequence studies of several alphavirus genomic RNAs in the region containing the start of the subgenomic RNA. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1982;79:5235-9 pubmed
- Ou J, Trent D, Strauss J. The 3'-non-coding regions of alphavirus RNAs contain repeating sequences. J Mol Biol. 1982;156:719-30 pubmed
- Magliocca J, Vancini R, Hernandez R, Brown D. Single-Site Glycoprotein Mutants Inhibit a Late Event in Sindbis Virus Assembly. J Virol. 2016;90:8372-80 pubmed publisher..These results allow us to conclude that these sites have essential roles in assembly, and E2_G209 shows us a new viral egress phenotype. ..