Gene Symbol: GDF9
Description: growth differentiation factor 9
Alias: GDF-9, growth/differentiation factor 9
- Kona S, Praveen Chakravarthi V, Siva Kumar A, Srividya D, Padmaja K, Rao V. Quantitative expression patterns of GDF9 and BMP15 genes in sheep ovarian follicles grown inÂ vivo or cultured inÂ vitro. Theriogenology. 2016;85:315-22 pubmed publisherQuantitative patterns of expression of the growth differentiation factor 9 (GDF9) and bone morphogenic protein 15 (BMP15) genes in different development stages of inÂ vivo and inÂ vitro grown ovarian follicles in sheep were studied ..
- Mullen M, Hanrahan J. Direct evidence on the contribution of a missense mutation in GDF9 to variation in ovulation rate of Finnsheep. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e95251 pubmed publisher..with large effects on ovulation rate in sheep, or 2) any other DNA sequence variants within the candidate genes GDF9 and BMP15 are implicated in the high prolificacy of the Finnish Landrace breed; using material from lines developed ..
- Abdoli R, Zamani P, Deljou A, Rezvan H. Association of BMPR-1B and GDF9 genes polymorphisms and secondary protein structure changes with reproduction traits in Mehraban ewes. Gene. 2013;524:296-303 pubmed publisherBMPR-1B and GDF9 genes are well known due to their important effects on litter size and mechanisms controlling ovulation rate in sheep...
- Roy J, Polley S, De S, Mukherjee A, Batabyal S, Pan S, et al. Polymorphism of fecundity genes (FecB, FecX, and FecG) in the Indian Bonpala sheep. Anim Biotechnol. 2011;22:151-62 pubmed publisher..All five loci of BMP15 and three loci of GDF 9 genes were monomorphic...
- Chu M, Yang J, Feng T, Cao G, Fang L, Di R, et al. GDF9 as a candidate gene for prolificacy of Small Tail Han sheep. Mol Biol Rep. 2011;38:5199-204 pubmed publisherb>Growth differentiation factor 9 (GDF9) which controls the fecundity of Belclare, Cambridge, Santa Ines, Moghani, Ghezel and Thoka ewes was studied as a candidate gene for the prolificacy of Small Tail Han sheep...
- Polley S, De S, Brahma B, Mukherjee A, Vinesh P, Batabyal S, et al. Polymorphism of BMPR1B, BMP15 and GDF9 fecundity genes in prolific Garole sheep. Trop Anim Health Prod. 2010;42:985-93 pubmed publisher..the growth differentiation factor 9 (GDF9/FecG), bone morphogenetic protein 15 (BMP15/FecX) and associated type I receptors, bone ..
- Barzegari A, Atashpaz S, Ghabili K, Nemati Z, Rustaei M, Azarbaijani R. Polymorphisms in GDF9 and BMP15 associated with fertility and ovulation rate in Moghani and Ghezel sheep in Iran. Reprod Domest Anim. 2010;45:666-9 pubmed publisher..genes encoding bone morphogenetic (BM) protein 15 and growth differentiation (GD) factor 9, respectively BMP15 and GDF9 have been shown to affect female productivity in domesticated sheep...
- Javanmard A, Azadzadeh N, Esmailizadeh A. Mutations in bone morphogenetic protein 15 and growth differentiation factor 9 genes are associated with increased litter size in fat-tailed sheep breeds. Vet Res Commun. 2011;35:157-67 pubmed publisherThe objective of this study was to investigate association between GDF9 and BMP15 gene polymorphism and litter size in fat-tailed sheep, a total of 97 mature ewes from four breeds (Afshari=19; Baluchi=18; Makui=30 and Mehraban=30) were ..