Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ZDS2
Alias: CES4, Zds2p
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Bi E, Pringle J. ZDS1 and ZDS2, genes whose products may regulate Cdc42p in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 1996;16:5264-75 pubmed..Zds1p and Zds2p have no detectable homology to known Rho-GAPs or to other known proteins...
- Roy N, Runge K. Two paralogs involved in transcriptional silencing that antagonistically control yeast life span. Curr Biol. 2000;10:111-4 pubmed..As Zds2p, but not Zds1p, had strong two-hybrid interactions with Orc1p and the four Sir proteins, Zds1p might indirectly ..
- Hsu C, Chen Y, Tsai S, Tu P, Wang M, Lin J. Interaction of Saccharomyces Cdc13p with Pol1p, Imp4p, Sir4p and Zds2p is involved in telomere replication, telomere maintenance and cell growth control. Nucleic Acids Res. 2004;32:511-21 pubmed..We identified four genes encoding Pol1p, Sir4p, Zds2p and Imp4p that interact with amino acids 1-252 of Cdc13p using a yeast two-hybrid screening system...
- Estruch F, Hodge C, Rodriguez Navarro S, Cole C. Physical and genetic interactions link the yeast protein Zds1p with mRNA nuclear export. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:9691-7 pubmed..Furthermore, deletion of ZDS1 or of both ZDS1 and the closely related ZDS2 exacerbated the poly(A)+ export defects shown by dbp5-2 and mex67-5 mutants...
- Zanelli C, Valentini S. Pkc1 acts through Zds1 and Gic1 to suppress growth and cell polarity defects of a yeast eIF5A mutant. Genetics. 2005;171:1571-81 pubmed..Furthermore, two new suppressor genes, ZDS1 and GIC1, were identified. We demonstrated that ZDS1 and ZDS2 are necessary for PKC1, but not for GIC1 suppression...
- Thai V, Dephoure N, Weiss A, Ferguson J, Leitao R, Gygi S, et al. Protein Kinase C Controls Binding of Igo/ENSA Proteins to Protein Phosphatase 2A in Budding Yeast. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:4925-4941 pubmed publisher..Together, the data suggest that Pkc1 controls PP2ACdc55 by multiple overlapping mechanisms. ..
- Anastasia S, Nguyen D, Thai V, Meloy M, Macdonough T, Kellogg D. A link between mitotic entry and membrane growth suggests a novel model for cell size control. J Cell Biol. 2012;197:89-104 pubmed publisher..Growth-dependent signaling could explain how membrane growth is integrated with cell cycle progression. It could also control both cell size and morphogenesis, thereby reconciling divergent models for mitotic checkpoint function. ..
- Mizunuma M, Hirata D, Miyakawa T. Implication of Pkc1p protein kinase C in sustaining Cln2p level and polarized bud growth in response to calcium signaling in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:4219-29 pubmed..The Pkc1p novel function was required for posttranscriptional upregulation of Cln2p and appeared to be important for the coordinated regulation of polar bud growth and the cell cycle. ..
- Imazu H, Sakurai H. Saccharomyces cerevisiae heat shock transcription factor regulates cell wall remodeling in response to heat shock. Eukaryot Cell. 2005;4:1050-6 pubmed..Several of the other suppressors were found to encode proteins functioning in cell wall organization. These results suggest that Hsf1 in concert with Pkc1 regulates cell wall remodeling in response to heat shock. ..
- Schwer B, Shuman S. Multicopy suppressors of temperature-sensitive mutations of yeast mRNA capping enzyme. Gene Expr. 1996;5:331-44 pubmed..The CES1 homologue (designated CES4) is also a multicopy suppressor of capping enzyme ts mutations...
- Searle J, Wood M, Kaur M, Tobin D, Sanchez Y. Proteins in the nutrient-sensing and DNA damage checkpoint pathways cooperate to restrain mitotic progression following DNA damage. PLoS Genet. 2011;7:e1002176 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that there is cross-talk between the DNA damage checkpoint and the proteins that integrate nutrient and stress signals to regulate PKA. ..
- Walowsky C, Fitzhugh D, Castaño I, Ju J, Levin N, Christman M. The topoisomerase-related function gene TRF4 affects cellular sensitivity to the antitumor agent camptothecin. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:7302-8 pubmed..member of the TRF4 gene family, TRF5, and two genes that may influence higher order chromosome structure, ZDS1 and ZDS2. We have isolated and sequenced two human TRF4 family members, hTRF4-1 and hTRF4-2...
- Juanes M, Khoueiry R, Kupka T, Castro A, Mudrak I, Ogris E, et al. Budding yeast greatwall and endosulfines control activity and spatial regulation of PP2A(Cdc55) for timely mitotic progression. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003575 pubmed publisher..However, this conserved module is adapted to account for differences in the regulation of mitotic entry in different organisms. ..
- Rossio V, Kazatskaya A, Hirabayashi M, Yoshida S. Comparative genetic analysis of PP2A-Cdc55 regulators in budding yeast. Cell Cycle. 2014;13:2073-83 pubmed publisher..Sequestration of Cdc55 from the nucleus by Zds1 and Zds2 is important for robust activation of mitotic Cdk1 and mitotic progression in budding yeast...