Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: YPT53
Description: Rab family GTPase YPT53
Alias: Rab family GTPase YPT53
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Toshima J, Nishinoaki S, Sato Y, Yamamoto W, Furukawa D, Siekhaus D, et al. Bifurcation of the endocytic pathway into Rab5-dependent and -independent transport to the vacuole. Nat Commun. 2014;5:3498 pubmed publisher..We propose that the endocytic traffic branches into two routes to reach the vacuole: a Rab5-dependent VPS pathway and a Rab5-independent AP-3-mediated pathway. ..
- Calero M, Winand N, Collins R. Identification of the novel proteins Yip4p and Yip5p as Rab GTPase interacting factors. FEBS Lett. 2002;515:89-98 pubmed
- Lo S, Brett C, Plemel R, Vignali M, Fields S, Gonen T, et al. Intrinsic tethering activity of endosomal Rab proteins. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2011;19:40-7 pubmed publisher..In our working model, the intrinsic tethering capacity Vps21 operates in concert with conventional effectors and SNAREs to drive efficient docking and fusion. ..
- Calero M, Collins R. Saccharomyces cerevisiae Pra1p/Yip3p interacts with Yip1p and Rab proteins. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;290:676-81 pubmed..The interactions between Pra1p/Yip3p and Rab proteins are dependent on the presence of the Rab protein C-terminal cysteines and require C-terminal prenylation. ..
- Zanolari B, Rockenbauch U, Trautwein M, Clay L, Barral Y, Spang A. Transport to the plasma membrane is regulated differently early and late in the cell cycle in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Cell Sci. 2011;124:1055-66 pubmed publisher..We propose that transport to and from the bud neck is regulated differently in small- and large-budded cells, and differs early and late in the cell cycle. ..
- Nickerson D, Russell M, Lo S, Chapin H, Milnes J, Merz A. Termination of isoform-selective Vps21/Rab5 signaling at endolysosomal organelles by Msb3/Gyp3. Traffic. 2012;13:1411-1428 pubmed publisher..Like humans, Saccharomyces cerevisiae has three Rab5s (Vps21, Ypt52 and Ypt53) and one Rab7 (Ypt7). Here, we elucidate the functional roles and regulation of the yeast Rab5s...