Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: YPT52
Description: Rab family GTPase YPT52
Alias: Rab family GTPase YPT52
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Calero M, Chen C, Zhu W, Winand N, Havas K, Gilbert P, et al. Dual prenylation is required for Rab protein localization and function. Mol Biol Cell. 2003;14:1852-67 pubmed
- Lachmann J, Barr F, Ungermann C. The Msb3/Gyp3 GAP controls the activity of the Rab GTPases Vps21 and Ypt7 at endosomes and vacuoles. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:2516-26 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that GAPs such as Msb3 can act on multiple substrates in vivo at both ends of a trafficking pathway. This ensures specificity of the subsequent GEF-mediated activation of the Rab that initiates the next transport event...
- Will E, Albert S, Gallwitz D. Expression, purification, and biochemical properties of Ypt/Rab GTPase-activating proteins of Gyp family. Methods Enzymol. 2001;329:50-8 pubmed
- Chen C, Collins R. Insights into biological functions across species: examining the role of Rab proteins in YIP1 family function. Biochem Soc Trans. 2005;33:614-8 pubmed..e. independent or dependent activities of Yip1p. ..
- Liu Y, Nakatsukasa K, Kotera M, Kanada A, Nishimura T, Kishi T, et al. Non-SCF-type F-box protein Roy1/Ymr258c interacts with a Rab5-like GTPase Ypt52 and inhibits Ypt52 function. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:1575-84 pubmed publisher..Vps21/Ypt51 is a key regulator of intracellular transportation; however, deletion of its isoforms, Ypt52 and Ypt53, results in only a modest inhibition of intracellular trafficking...
- Cho J, Noda Y, Yoda K. Proteins in the early golgi compartment of Saccharomyces cerevisiae immunoisolated by Sed5p. FEBS Lett. 2000;469:151-4 pubmed
- Prescianotto Baschong C, Riezman H. Ordering of compartments in the yeast endocytic pathway. Traffic. 2002;3:37-49 pubmed..On the other hand, traffic to the early recycling endosome is less dependent on Rab5 homologs and does not require Vps27p. ..
- Calero M, Collins R. Saccharomyces cerevisiae Pra1p/Yip3p interacts with Yip1p and Rab proteins. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;290:676-81 pubmed..The interactions between Pra1p/Yip3p and Rab proteins are dependent on the presence of the Rab protein C-terminal cysteines and require C-terminal prenylation. ..
- Cabrera M, Arlt H, Epp N, Lachmann J, Griffith J, Perz A, et al. Functional separation of endosomal fusion factors and the class C core vacuole/endosome tethering (CORVET) complex in endosome biogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:5166-75 pubmed publisher..Importantly, CORVET localization requires the Rab5 homologs Vps21 and Ypt52, whereas Vac1 localization is strictly Vps21-dependent...
- Fuchs U, Hause G, Schuchardt I, Steinberg G. Endocytosis is essential for pathogenic development in the corn smut fungus Ustilago maydis. Plant Cell. 2006;18:2066-81 pubmed..Thus, we conclude that endocytosis is essential for recognition of the partner at the beginning of the pathogenic program but has additional roles in mating as well as spore formation and germination. ..
- Calero M, Whittaker G, Collins R. Yop1p, the yeast homolog of the polyposis locus protein 1, interacts with Yip1p and negatively regulates cell growth. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:12100-12 pubmed..These results suggest that Yop1p acts in conjunction with Yip1p to mediate a common step in membrane traffic. ..