Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: YPT32
Description: Rab family GTPase YPT32
Alias: Rab family GTPase YPT32
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Demmel L, Beck M, Klose C, Schlaitz A, Gloor Y, Hsu P, et al. Nucleocytoplasmic shuttling of the Golgi phosphatidylinositol 4-kinase Pik1 is regulated by 14-3-3 proteins and coordinates Golgi function with cell growth. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:1046-61 pubmed publisher..These data suggest a role of Pik1p nucleocytoplasmic shuttling in coordination of biosynthetic transport from the Golgi with nutrient signaling. ..
- Stalder D, Novick P. The casein kinases Yck1p and Yck2p act in the secretory pathway, in part, by regulating the Rab exchange factor Sec2p. Mol Biol Cell. 2016;27:686-701 pubmed publisher..This promotes Sec2p function by stimulating its interaction with Sec15p. Finally, Sec2p is dephosphorylated very late in the exocytic reaction to facilitate recycling. ..
- Tsujimoto Y, Takase D, Okano H, Tomari N, Watanabe K, Matsui H. Functional roles of YPT31 and YPT32 in clotrimazole resistance of Saccharomyces cerevisiae through effects on vacuoles and ATP-binding cassette transporter(s). J Biosci Bioeng. 2013;115:4-11 pubmed publisher..Multicopies of the YPT31 homolog YPT32 also conferred resistance to CTZ, and single disruption of YPT31 or YPT32 resulted in sensitivity to CTZ...
- Lo S, Brett C, Plemel R, Vignali M, Fields S, Gonen T, et al. Intrinsic tethering activity of endosomal Rab proteins. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2011;19:40-7 pubmed publisher..In our working model, the intrinsic tethering capacity Vps21 operates in concert with conventional effectors and SNAREs to drive efficient docking and fusion. ..
- Sultana A, Jin Y, Dregger C, Franklin E, Weisman L, Khan A. The activation cycle of Rab GTPase Ypt32 reveals structural determinants of effector recruitment and GDI binding. FEBS Lett. 2011;585:3520-7 pubmed publisher..We describe the crystal structures of GTP and GDP forms of Ypt32 to understand the molecular basis for Rab function...
- Mizuno Yamasaki E, Medkova M, Coleman J, Novick P. Phosphatidylinositol 4-phosphate controls both membrane recruitment and a regulatory switch of the Rab GEF Sec2p. Dev Cell. 2010;18:828-40 pubmed publisher..Sec2p also binds a Rab acting earlier in the secretory pathway, Ypt32-GTP, forming a Rab GEF cascade...
- Jones S, Newman C, Liu F, Segev N. The TRAPP complex is a nucleotide exchanger for Ypt1 and Ypt31/32. Mol Biol Cell. 2000;11:4403-11 pubmed..This mutant protein also inhibits the Ypt32 GEF activity of TRAPP...
- Will E, Albert S, Gallwitz D. Expression, purification, and biochemical properties of Ypt/Rab GTPase-activating proteins of Gyp family. Methods Enzymol. 2001;329:50-8 pubmed
- Sheng J, Flick H, Feng X. Systematic Optimization of Protein Secretory Pathways in Saccharomyces cerevisiae to Increase Expression of Hepatitis B Small Antigen. Front Microbiol. 2017;8:875 pubmed publisher..The screening showed that the single deletion of YPT32, SBH1, and HSP42 led to the most significant increase of HBsAg expression over the wild type while the deletion of ..
- Chen C, Collins R. Insights into biological functions across species: examining the role of Rab proteins in YIP1 family function. Biochem Soc Trans. 2005;33:614-8 pubmed..e. independent or dependent activities of Yip1p. ..
- Lipatova Z, Tokarev A, Jin Y, Mulholland J, Weisman L, Segev N. Direct interaction between a myosin V motor and the Rab GTPases Ypt31/32 is required for polarized secretion. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:4177-87 pubmed publisher..and rescue of the lethality caused by a mutation in the Ypt31/32-binding site of Myo2-GTD through fusion with Ypt32. Furthermore, microscopic analyses show a defective Myo2 intracellular localization in ypt31Delta/32ts and in ..
- Rivera Molina F, Novick P. A Rab GAP cascade defines the boundary between two Rab GTPases on the secretory pathway. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:14408-13 pubmed publisher..GEF cascades working in concert with counter-current GAP cascades could generate a programmed series of Rab conversions responsible for regulating the choreography of membrane traffic. ..
- Zhang C, Bowzard J, Greene M, Anido A, Stearns K, Kahn R. Genetic interactions link ARF1, YPT31/32 and TRS130. Yeast. 2002;19:1075-86 pubmed..e. processing of carboxypeptidase Y or invertase. YPT31 and YPT32 were identified in a subsequent screen as high-copy suppressors of arf1(-)trs130-101...
- Zanolari B, Rockenbauch U, Trautwein M, Clay L, Barral Y, Spang A. Transport to the plasma membrane is regulated differently early and late in the cell cycle in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Cell Sci. 2011;124:1055-66 pubmed publisher..We propose that transport to and from the bud neck is regulated differently in small- and large-budded cells, and differs early and late in the cell cycle. ..
- Bielli P, Casavola E, Biroccio A, Urbani A, Ragnini Wilson A. GTP drives myosin light chain 1 interaction with the class V myosin Myo2 IQ motifs via a Sec2 RabGEF-mediated pathway. Mol Microbiol. 2006;59:1576-90 pubmed..protein that acts upstream of Sec4p, stimulates Mlc1p/Myo2p interaction similarly to GTP although a block of Ypt32 GTP binding does not completely abolish the GTP-mediated Mlc1p/Myo2p interaction...
- Tsvetanova N, Riordan D, Brown P. The yeast Rab GTPase Ypt1 modulates unfolded protein response dynamics by regulating the stability of HAC1 RNA. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002862 pubmed publisher..Our findings establish that Ypt1 contributes to regulation of UPR signaling dynamics by promoting the decay of HAC1 RNA, suggesting a potential regulatory mechanism for linking vesicle trafficking to the UPR and ER homeostasis. ..
- Calero M, Collins R. Saccharomyces cerevisiae Pra1p/Yip3p interacts with Yip1p and Rab proteins. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;290:676-81 pubmed..The interactions between Pra1p/Yip3p and Rab proteins are dependent on the presence of the Rab protein C-terminal cysteines and require C-terminal prenylation. ..
- Stalder D, Mizuno Yamasaki E, Ghassemian M, Novick P. Phosphorylation of the Rab exchange factor Sec2p directs a switch in regulatory binding partners. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:19995-20002 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the phosphorylation state of Sec2p can direct a switch in its regulatory binding partners that facilitates maturation of the secretory vesicle and helps to promote the directionality of vesicular transport. ..
- Suda Y, Kurokawa K, Hirata R, Nakano A. Rab GAP cascade regulates dynamics of Ypt6 in the Golgi traffic. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:18976-81 pubmed publisher..Ypt6 resides temporarily at the Golgi and dissociates into the cytosol upon arrival of Ypt32, another Rab GTPase functioning in the late Golgi...
- Sun Y, Drubin D. The functions of anionic phospholipids during clathrin-mediated endocytosis site initiation and vesicle formation. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:6157-65 pubmed publisher..We propose that PS is important for directing endocytic proteins to the plasma membrane and that PI(4,5)P2 is required to facilitate endocytic membrane invagination. ..
- Zou S, Chen Y, Liu Y, Segev N, Yu S, Liu Y, et al. Trs130 participates in autophagy through GTPases Ypt31/32 in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Traffic. 2013;14:233-46 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, overexpression of Ypt31 or Ypt32, but not of Ypt1, rescued autophagy defects in trs130ts and trs65ts (Trs130-HA Trs120-myc trs65?) mutants...
- Gorynia S, Lorenz T, Costaguta G, Daboussi L, Cascio D, Payne G. Yeast Irc6p is a novel type of conserved clathrin coat accessory factor related to small G proteins. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:4416-29 pubmed publisher..Together these results define Irc6p/p34 as a novel type of conserved clathrin accessory protein and founding members of a new G protein-like family. ..
- Yamamoto K, Jigami Y. Mutation of TRS130, which encodes a component of the TRAPP II complex, activates transcription of OCH1 in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Curr Genet. 2002;42:85-93 pubmed..YPT31 and YPT32, the multi-copy suppressors of the trs130(ts1) mutant, differed in the extent of suppression of the mutant ..
- Chen C, Calero M, DeRegis C, Heidtman M, Barlowe C, Collins R. Genetic analysis of yeast Yip1p function reveals a requirement for Golgi-localized rab proteins and rab-Guanine nucleotide dissociation inhibitor. Genetics. 2004;168:1827-41 pubmed
- Calero M, Winand N, Collins R. Identification of the novel proteins Yip4p and Yip5p as Rab GTPase interacting factors. FEBS Lett. 2002;515:89-98 pubmed
- Ortiz D, Novick P. Ypt32p regulates the translocation of Chs3p from an internal pool to the plasma membrane. Eur J Cell Biol. 2006;85:107-16 pubmed..Overexpression of Ypt32p also disrupts the localization of the late Golgi protein Sec7. We propose that Ypt31/32p have a role in regulating the delivery of Chs3p to the plasma membrane and deposition of chitin at the cell surface. ..