Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: YPT31
Description: Rab family GTPase YPT31
Alias: YPT8, Rab family GTPase YPT31
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Demmel L, Beck M, Klose C, Schlaitz A, Gloor Y, Hsu P, et al. Nucleocytoplasmic shuttling of the Golgi phosphatidylinositol 4-kinase Pik1 is regulated by 14-3-3 proteins and coordinates Golgi function with cell growth. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:1046-61 pubmed publisher..These data suggest a role of Pik1p nucleocytoplasmic shuttling in coordination of biosynthetic transport from the Golgi with nutrient signaling. ..
- Calero M, Winand N, Collins R. Identification of the novel proteins Yip4p and Yip5p as Rab GTPase interacting factors. FEBS Lett. 2002;515:89-98 pubmed
- Mizuno Yamasaki E, Medkova M, Coleman J, Novick P. Phosphatidylinositol 4-phosphate controls both membrane recruitment and a regulatory switch of the Rab GEF Sec2p. Dev Cell. 2010;18:828-40 pubmed publisher..In this way, the regulation of PI4P levels may switch Sec2p/Sec4p function during vesicle maturation, from a Rab GEF recruitment cascade involving Ypt32p to an effector positive feedback loop involving Sec15p. ..
- Lo S, Brett C, Plemel R, Vignali M, Fields S, Gonen T, et al. Intrinsic tethering activity of endosomal Rab proteins. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2011;19:40-7 pubmed publisher..In our working model, the intrinsic tethering capacity Vps21 operates in concert with conventional effectors and SNAREs to drive efficient docking and fusion. ..
- Sun Y, Drubin D. The functions of anionic phospholipids during clathrin-mediated endocytosis site initiation and vesicle formation. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:6157-65 pubmed publisher..We also demonstrated that, in various deletion mutants of genes encoding components of the Rcy1-Ypt31/32 GTPase pathway, endocytic proteins dynamically assemble not only on the plasma membrane but also on ..
- Yang X, Matern H, Gallwitz D. Specific binding to a novel and essential Golgi membrane protein (Yip1p) functionally links the transport GTPases Ypt1p and Ypt31p. EMBO J. 1998;17:4954-63 pubmed..The results suggests for a role for Yip1p in recruiting the two GTPases to Golgi target membranes in preparation for fusion. ..
- Santiago Tirado F, Legesse Miller A, Schott D, Bretscher A. PI4P and Rab inputs collaborate in myosin-V-dependent transport of secretory compartments in yeast. Dev Cell. 2011;20:47-59 pubmed publisher..Further, the trans-Golgi network Rab Ypt31/32p and secretory vesicle Rab Sec4p each bind directly, but distinctly, to Myo2p, and these interactions are also ..
- McDonold C, Fromme J. Four GTPases differentially regulate the Sec7 Arf-GEF to direct traffic at the trans-golgi network. Dev Cell. 2014;30:759-67 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that Sec7 is also an effector of two Rab GTPases, Ypt1 (Rab1) and Ypt31/32 (Rab11), signifying unprecedented signaling crosstalk between GTPase pathways...
- Thomas L, Fromme J. GTPase cross talk regulates TRAPPII activation of Rab11 homologues during vesicle biogenesis. J Cell Biol. 2016;215:499-513 pubmed..reactions, we now provide definitive evidence that TRAPPII is a bona fide GEF for the yeast Rab11 homologues Ypt31/32. We also uncover a direct role for Arf1, a distinct GTPase, in recruiting TRAPPII to anionic membranes...
- Matern H, Yang X, Andrulis E, Sternglanz R, Trepte H, Gallwitz D. A novel Golgi membrane protein is part of a GTPase-binding protein complex involved in vesicle targeting. EMBO J. 2000;19:4485-92 pubmed..Genetic analyses suggest that Yif1p acts downstream of Yip1p. It is inferred that Ypt GTPase binding to the Yip1p-Yif1p complex is essential for and precedes vesicle docking and fusion. ..
- Calero M, Collins R. Saccharomyces cerevisiae Pra1p/Yip3p interacts with Yip1p and Rab proteins. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;290:676-81 pubmed..The interactions between Pra1p/Yip3p and Rab proteins are dependent on the presence of the Rab protein C-terminal cysteines and require C-terminal prenylation. ..
- Zanolari B, Rockenbauch U, Trautwein M, Clay L, Barral Y, Spang A. Transport to the plasma membrane is regulated differently early and late in the cell cycle in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Cell Sci. 2011;124:1055-66 pubmed publisher..We propose that transport to and from the bud neck is regulated differently in small- and large-budded cells, and differs early and late in the cell cycle. ..
- Tu J, Song W, Carlson M. Protein phosphatase type 1 interacts with proteins required for meiosis and other cellular processes in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 1996;16:4199-206 pubmed..In addition, this study indicates that the two-hybrid system offers a promising approach to understanding the multiple roles and interactions of PP1 in cellular regulation. ..
- Zou S, Chen Y, Liu Y, Segev N, Yu S, Liu Y, et al. Trs130 participates in autophagy through GTPases Ypt31/32 in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Traffic. 2013;14:233-46 pubmed publisher..protein particle II complex, which functions as a guanine nucleotide exchange factor (GEF) for Rab GTPases Ypt31/32. Ypt31/32 is known to be involved in autophagy, although the precise mechanism has not been thoroughly studied...
- Jones S, Newman C, Liu F, Segev N. The TRAPP complex is a nucleotide exchanger for Ypt1 and Ypt31/32. Mol Biol Cell. 2000;11:4403-11 pubmedIn yeast, the Ypt1 GTPase is required for ER-to-cis-Golgi and cis-to-medial-Golgi protein transport, while Ypt31/32 are a functional pair of GTPases essential for exit from the trans-Golgi...
- Chen C, Collins R. Insights into biological functions across species: examining the role of Rab proteins in YIP1 family function. Biochem Soc Trans. 2005;33:614-8 pubmed..e. independent or dependent activities of Yip1p. ..
- Tokarev A, Taussig D, Sundaram G, Lipatova Z, Liang Y, Mulholland J, et al. TRAPP II complex assembly requires Trs33 or Trs65. Traffic. 2009;10:1831-44 pubmed publisher..Moreover, because humans express two Trs33 homologues, we propose that the requirement of Trs33 for TRAPP II assembly is conserved from yeast to humans. ..
- Lipatova Z, Tokarev A, Jin Y, Mulholland J, Weisman L, Segev N. Direct interaction between a myosin V motor and the Rab GTPases Ypt31/32 is required for polarized secretion. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:4177-87 pubmed publisher..However, no Ypt/Rab GTPase has been shown to regulate the motility of exocytic compartments. In yeast, the Ypt31/32 functional pair is required for the formation of trans-Golgi vesicles...
- Ignatev A, Kravchenko S, Rak A, Goody R, Pylypenko O. A structural model of the GDP dissociation inhibitor rab membrane extraction mechanism. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:18377-84 pubmed publisher..We suggest a model for the interaction of GDI with prenylated Rab proteins that incorporates a stepwise increase in affinity as the three different partial interactions are successively formed. ..
- Zhang C, Bowzard J, Greene M, Anido A, Stearns K, Kahn R. Genetic interactions link ARF1, YPT31/32 and TRS130. Yeast. 2002;19:1075-86 pubmed..e. processing of carboxypeptidase Y or invertase. YPT31 and YPT32 were identified in a subsequent screen as high-copy suppressors of arf1(-)trs130-101...
- Will E, Albert S, Gallwitz D. Expression, purification, and biochemical properties of Ypt/Rab GTPase-activating proteins of Gyp family. Methods Enzymol. 2001;329:50-8 pubmed
- Ignatev A, Piatkov K, Pylypenko O, Rak A. A size filtration approach to purify low affinity complexes for crystallization. J Struct Biol. 2007;159:154-7 pubmed..The resulting model of the low affinity unprenylated Rab-GDI complex should reflect a transient Rab-GDI complex when GDI is bound to the membrane-anchored Rab protein and is poised to extract Rab to cytosol. ..
- Zou S, Liu Y, Zhang X, Chen Y, Ye M, Zhu X, et al. Modular TRAPP complexes regulate intracellular protein trafficking through multiple Ypt/Rab GTPases in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2012;191:451-60 pubmed publisher..In yeast, Ypt1 is essential for endoplasmic reticulum (ER)-to-Golgi transport, whereas Ypt31/32 regulate Golgi-to-plasma membrane and endosome-to-Golgi transport...
- Morozova N, Liang Y, Tokarev A, Chen S, Cox R, Andrejic J, et al. TRAPPII subunits are required for the specificity switch of a Ypt-Rab GEF. Nat Cell Biol. 2006;8:1263-9 pubmed..The conserved modular complex TRAPP is a GEF for the Golgi gatekeepers Ypt1 and Ypt31/32 (Refs 5-7). However, it is not known how Golgi entry and exit are coordinated...
- Kim J, Lipatova Z, Majumdar U, Segev N. Regulation of Golgi Cisternal Progression by Ypt/Rab GTPases. Dev Cell. 2016;36:440-52 pubmed publisher..Moreover, controversy about the placement of two of the founding members of the Ypt/Rab family, Ypt1 and Ypt31, to specific Golgi cisternae interferes with addressing this question in yeast, where cisternal progression has ..
- Gorynia S, Lorenz T, Costaguta G, Daboussi L, Cascio D, Payne G. Yeast Irc6p is a novel type of conserved clathrin coat accessory factor related to small G proteins. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:4416-29 pubmed publisher..Together these results define Irc6p/p34 as a novel type of conserved clathrin accessory protein and founding members of a new G protein-like family. ..
- Tsujimoto Y, Takase D, Okano H, Tomari N, Watanabe K, Matsui H. Functional roles of YPT31 and YPT32 in clotrimazole resistance of Saccharomyces cerevisiae through effects on vacuoles and ATP-binding cassette transporter(s). J Biosci Bioeng. 2013;115:4-11 pubmed publisherWe identified YPT31, which is involved in Golgi traffic, as a clotrimazole (CTZ)-resistance gene in a multicopy library screen...
- Calero M, Chen C, Zhu W, Winand N, Havas K, Gilbert P, et al. Dual prenylation is required for Rab protein localization and function. Mol Biol Cell. 2003;14:1852-67 pubmed
- Albert S, Gallwitz D. Two new members of a family of Ypt/Rab GTPase activating proteins. Promiscuity of substrate recognition. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:33186-9 pubmed..Mdr1/Gyp2p is an efficient GAP for Ypt6p and Sec4p, whereas Msb3/Gyp3p is a potent GAP for Sec4p, Ypt6p, Ypt51p, Ypt31/Ypt32p, and Ypt1p...
- Stalder D, Novick P. The casein kinases Yck1p and Yck2p act in the secretory pathway, in part, by regulating the Rab exchange factor Sec2p. Mol Biol Cell. 2016;27:686-701 pubmed publisher..This promotes Sec2p function by stimulating its interaction with Sec15p. Finally, Sec2p is dephosphorylated very late in the exocytic reaction to facilitate recycling. ..
- Siniossoglou S. Affinity purification of Ypt6 effectors and identification of TMF/ARA160 as a Rab6 interactor. Methods Enzymol. 2005;403:599-607 pubmed..The mammalian homolog of Sgm1, TMF/ARA160, contains a short conserved coiled-coil motif that is sufficient for the binding to the three mammalian orthologs of Ypt6, Rab6A, Rab6A', and Rab6B. ..