Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: YPT11
Description: Rab family GTPase YPT11
Alias: Rab family GTPase YPT11
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Rafelski S, Viana M, Zhang Y, Chan Y, Thorn K, Yam P, et al. Mitochondrial network size scaling in budding yeast. Science. 2012;338:822-4 pubmed publisher..Thus, yeast populations achieve a stable scaling relation between mitochondrial content and cell size despite asymmetry in inheritance. ..
- Calero M, Collins R. Saccharomyces cerevisiae Pra1p/Yip3p interacts with Yip1p and Rab proteins. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;290:676-81 pubmed..The interactions between Pra1p/Yip3p and Rab proteins are dependent on the presence of the Rab protein C-terminal cysteines and require C-terminal prenylation. ..
- Calero M, Winand N, Collins R. Identification of the novel proteins Yip4p and Yip5p as Rab GTPase interacting factors. FEBS Lett. 2002;515:89-98 pubmed
- Plemel R, Lobingier B, Brett C, Angers C, Nickerson D, Paulsel A, et al. Subunit organization and Rab interactions of Vps-C protein complexes that control endolysosomal membrane traffic. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:1353-63 pubmed publisher..Biochemical and genetic experiments demonstrate the importance of these regions, revealing the Vps11 CTD as a key integrator of Vps-C complex assembly, Rab signaling, and endosomal and lysosomal traffic. ..
- Chen C, Calero M, DeRegis C, Heidtman M, Barlowe C, Collins R. Genetic analysis of yeast Yip1p function reveals a requirement for Golgi-localized rab proteins and rab-Guanine nucleotide dissociation inhibitor. Genetics. 2004;168:1827-41 pubmed
- Lewandowska A, Macfarlane J, Shaw J. Mitochondrial association, protein phosphorylation, and degradation regulate the availability of the active Rab GTPase Ypt11 for mitochondrial inheritance. Mol Biol Cell. 2013;24:1185-95 pubmed publisherThe Rab GTPase Ypt11 is a Myo2-binding protein implicated in mother-to-bud transport of the cortical endoplasmic reticulum (ER), late Golgi, and mitochondria during yeast division...
- Kail M, Hollinshead M, Kaufmann M, Boettcher J, Vaux D, Barnekow A. Yeast Ypt11 is targeted to recycling endosomes in mammalian cells. Biol Cell. 2005;97:651-8 pubmedIn yeast, Ypt11 or Ypt32 along with the highly homologous Ypt8 or Ypt31 has been reported to be an essential component of intra-Golgi trafficking and has been implicated in the budding of vesicles from the most distal Golgi compartment...