Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: YPS1
Description: aspartyl protease
Alias: YAP3, aspartyl protease
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- DubÃ© A, BÃ©langer M, Gagnon Arsenault I, Bourbonnais Y. N-terminal entrance loop of yeast Yps1 and O-glycosylation of substrates are determinant factors controlling the shedding activity of this GPI-anchored endopeptidase. BMC Microbiol. 2015;15:50 pubmed publisherS. cerevisiae Yps1 is the prototypical aspartic endopeptidase of the fungal yapsin family. This glycosylphosphatidylinositol (GPI) anchored enzyme was recently shown to be involved in the shedding of the GPI proteins Utr2, Gas1 and itself...
- Hamada K, Terashima H, Arisawa M, Yabuki N, Kitada K. Amino acid residues in the omega-minus region participate in cellular localization of yeast glycosylphosphatidylinositol-attached proteins. J Bacteriol. 1999;181:3886-9 pubmed..These correlations clearly suggest that GPI-attached proteins have two different signals which act positively or negatively in cell wall incorporation for their cellular localization. ..
- Cawley N, Chen H, Beinfeld M, Loh Y. Specificity and kinetic studies on the cleavage of various prohormone mono- and paired-basic residue sites by yeast aspartic protease 3. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:4168-76 pubmed..1 x 10(6) m-1 s-1), while that of the monobasic site of CCK13-33 and the paired-basic site of proinsulin B-C junction, were cleaved less efficiently at 4.2 x 10(4) m-1 s-1 and 1.6 x 10(4) m-1 s-1, respectively. ..
- Cho E, Cheon S, Kim H, Choo J, Lee D, Ryu H, et al. Multiple-yapsin-deficient mutant strains for high-level production of intact recombinant proteins in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biotechnol. 2010;149:1-7 pubmed publisher..The present data strongly indicate the involvement of other yapsin members besides Yps1p in the proteolysis of secretory recombinant proteins, particularly under high-density growth conditions. ..
- Zhang W, Espinoza D, Hines V, Innis M, Mehta P, Miller D. Characterization of beta-amyloid peptide precursor processing by the yeast Yap3 and Mkc7 proteases. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1997;1359:110-22 pubmed..Deletions of the genes encoding the GPI-linked aspartyl proteases Yap3 and Mkc7 decreased alpha-secretase activity by 56 and 29%, respectively; whereas, the double deletion decreased the ..
- Vadaie N, Dionne H, Akajagbor D, Nickerson S, Krysan D, Cullen P. Cleavage of the signaling mucin Msb2 by the aspartyl protease Yps1 is required for MAPK activation in yeast. J Cell Biol. 2008;181:1073-81 pubmed publisher..Cleavage of the extracellular inhibitory domain of Msb2p by the aspartyl protease Yps1p generated the active form of the protein by a mechanism incorporating cellular nutritional status...
- Ash J, Dominguez M, Bergeron J, Thomas D, Bourbonnais Y. The yeast proprotein convertase encoded by YAP3 is a glycophosphatidylinositol-anchored protein that localizes to the plasma membrane. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:20847-54 pubmedThe yeast YAP3 gene encodes an aspartyl endoprotease that cleaves precursor proteins at selected pairs of basic amino acids and after single arginine residues...
- Adhikari H, Vadaie N, Chow J, Caccamise L, Chavel C, Li B, et al. Role of the unfolded protein response in regulating the mucin-dependent filamentous-growth mitogen-activated protein kinase pathway. Mol Cell Biol. 2015;35:1414-32 pubmed publisher..We speculate that the QC pathways broadly regulate signaling glycoproteins and their cognate pathways by recognizing altered glycosylation patterns that can occur in response to extrinsic cues. ..