Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: YPK2
Description: putative protein kinase YPK2
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Hatakeyama R, Kono K, Yoshida S. Ypk1 and Ypk2 kinases maintain Rho1 at the plasma membrane by flippase-dependent lipid remodeling after membrane stresses. J Cell Sci. 2017;130:1169-1178 pubmed publisherThe plasma membrane (PM) is frequently challenged by mechanical stresses. In budding yeast, TORC2-Ypk1/Ypk2 kinase cascade plays a crucial role in PM stress responses by reorganizing the actin cytoskeleton via Rho1 GTPase...
- Gaubitz C, Oliveira T, Prouteau M, Leitner A, Karuppasamy M, Konstantinidou G, et al. Molecular Basis of the Rapamycin Insensitivity of Target Of Rapamycin Complex 2. Mol Cell. 2015;58:977-88 pubmed publisher..Removal of this sequence generated a FKBP12-rapamycin-sensitive TORC2 variant, which provides a powerful tool for deciphering TORC2 function in vivo. Using this variant, we demonstrate a role for TORC2 in G2/M cell-cycle progression. ..
- Shimada K, Filipuzzi I, Stahl M, Helliwell S, Studer C, Hoepfner D, et al. TORC2 signaling pathway guarantees genome stability in the face of DNA strand breaks. Mol Cell. 2013;51:829-39 pubmed publisher..Genetic inhibition of Tor2 kinase, or its downstream effector kinases Ypk1/Ypk2, conferred similar synergistic effects in the presence of Zeocin...
- Sun Y, Miao Y, Yamane Y, Zhang C, Shokat K, Takematsu H, et al. Orm protein phosphoregulation mediates transient sphingolipid biosynthesis response to heat stress via the Pkh-Ypk and Cdc55-PP2A pathways. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:2388-98 pubmed publisher..We propose that this mechanism serves as the basis for how Orm phosphoregulation controls sphingolipid biosynthesis in response to stress in a kinetically coupled manner. ..
- Liao H, Chen M. Target of rapamycin complex 2 signals to downstream effector yeast protein kinase 2 (Ypk2) through adheres-voraciously-to-target-of-rapamycin-2 protein 1 (Avo1) in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:6089-99 pubmed publisher..b>Ypk2 (yeast protein kinase 2), a member of the cAMP-dependent, cGMP-dependent, and PKC (AGC) kinase family, is a TORC2 ..
- Luo G, Gruhler A, Liu Y, Jensen O, Dickson R. The sphingolipid long-chain base-Pkh1/2-Ypk1/2 signaling pathway regulates eisosome assembly and turnover. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:10433-44 pubmed publisher..Eisosomes then control endocytosis to align the composition and function of the plasma membrane to match demand. ..
- Roelants F, Baltz A, TROTT A, Fereres S, Thorner J. A protein kinase network regulates the function of aminophospholipid flippases. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:34-9 pubmed publisher..Two such targets are related protein kinases Ypk1 and Ypk2 (orthologs of mammalian SGK1), which have been implicated in multiple processes, including endocytosis and coupling ..
- Roelants F, Torrance P, Bezman N, Thorner J. Pkh1 and Pkh2 differentially phosphorylate and activate Ypk1 and Ykr2 and define protein kinase modules required for maintenance of cell wall integrity. Mol Biol Cell. 2002;13:3005-28 pubmed..They activate two closely related, functionally redundant enzymes, Ypk1 and Ykr2 (homologs of mammalian protein kinase, serum- and glucocorticoid-inducible protein kinase)...
- Schmelzle T, Helliwell S, Hall M. Yeast protein kinases and the RHO1 exchange factor TUS1 are novel components of the cell integrity pathway in yeast. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:1329-39 pubmed..Activation of PKC1 occurs via the GTPase RHO1 and the kinase pair PKH1 and PKH2. Here we report that YPK1 and YPK2, an essential pair of homologous kinases and proposed downstream effectors of PKH and sphingolipids, are also ..