Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Yip1p
Description: transporter YIP1
Alias: transporter YIP1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Chen C, Collins R. Insights into biological functions across species: examining the role of Rab proteins in YIP1 family function. Biochem Soc Trans. 2005;33:614-8 pubmed..conservation of function to generate a series of mutant alleles of YIP1 to investigate the biological role of Yip1p. Our findings indicate evidence for the participation of Yip1p in both Rab and COPII protein function; at present, ..
- Lorente Rodríguez A, Heidtman M, Barlowe C. Multicopy suppressor analysis of thermosensitive YIP1 alleles implicates GOT1 in transport from the ER. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:1540-50 pubmed publisherb>Yip1p belongs to a conserved family of membrane-spanning proteins that are involved in intracellular trafficking...
- Paulsel A, Merz A, Nickerson D. Vps9 family protein Muk1 is the second Rab5 guanosine nucleotide exchange factor in budding yeast. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:18162-71 pubmed publisher..Microscopy and overexpression experiments demonstrate that Vps9 and Muk1 have distinct localization determinants. These experiments establish Muk1 as the second Rab5 GEF in budding yeast. ..
- Heidtman M, Chen C, Collins R, Barlowe C. Yos1p is a novel subunit of the Yip1p-Yif1p complex and is required for transport between the endoplasmic reticulum and the Golgi complex. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:1673-83 pubmedYeast Yip1p is a member of a conserved family of transmembrane proteins that interact with Rab GTPases...
- Lo S, Brett C, Plemel R, Vignali M, Fields S, Gonen T, et al. Intrinsic tethering activity of endosomal Rab proteins. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2011;19:40-7 pubmed publisher..In our working model, the intrinsic tethering capacity Vps21 operates in concert with conventional effectors and SNAREs to drive efficient docking and fusion. ..
- Taguchi Y, Horiuchi Y, Kano F, Murata M. Novel prosurvival function of Yip1A in human cervical cancer cells: constitutive activation of the IRE1 and PERK pathways of the unfolded protein response. Cell Death Dis. 2017;8:e2718 pubmed publisher..The present study is the first to uncover a key prosurvival modulator, Yip1A, which coordinates IRE1 signaling with PERK signaling to support the survival of HeLa and CaSki cervical cancer cells. ..