Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: YCS4
Description: condensin subunit YCS4
Alias: LOC7, condensin subunit YCS4
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Tsang C, Li H, Zheng X. Nutrient starvation promotes condensin loading to maintain rDNA stability. EMBO J. 2007;26:448-58 pubmed..Our data suggest that enrichment of condensin prevents rDNA instability during nutrient starvation. Together, these observations unravel a novel role for condensin in the maintenance of regional genomic stability. ..
- Li Z, Vizeacoumar F, Bahr S, Li J, Warringer J, Vizeacoumar F, et al. Systematic exploration of essential yeast gene function with temperature-sensitive mutants. Nat Biotechnol. 2011;29:361-7 pubmed publisher..This mutant collection should facilitate a wide range of systematic studies aimed at understanding the functions of essential genes. ..
- Varela E, Shimada K, Laroche T, Leroy D, Gasser S. Lte1, Cdc14 and MEN-controlled Cdk inactivation in yeast coordinate rDNA decompaction with late telophase progression. EMBO J. 2009;28:1562-75 pubmed publisher..This may argue that different levels of Cdk inactivation control spindle disassembly and chromatin decompaction. Mutation of lte1 also impaired rotation of the nucleus in early G1. ..
- Tsang C, Zheng X. Opposing role of condensin and radiation-sensitive gene RAD52 in ribosomal DNA stability regulation. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:21908-19 pubmed publisher..In contrast, deletion of RAD52 restores cell viability under the same conditions. These results reveal an opposing role of condensin and Rad52 in the control of rDNA stability under nutrient starvation conditions. ..
- Gard S, Light W, Xiong B, Bose T, McNairn A, Harris B, et al. Cohesinopathy mutations disrupt the subnuclear organization of chromatin. J Cell Biol. 2009;187:455-62 pubmed publisher..We propose that the cohesin network affects gene regulation by facilitating the subnuclear organization of chromatin. ..
- Hong S, Choi E, Kim K. Ycs4 is Required for Efficient Double-Strand Break Formation and Homologous Recombination During Meiosis. J Microbiol Biotechnol. 2015;25:1026-35 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that Ycs4 is required for efficient DSB formation and establishing homolog bias at the early stage of meiotic prophase I, ..
- Markowitz T, Suarez D, Blitzblau H, Patel N, Markhard A, MacQueen A, et al. Reduced dosage of the chromosome axis factor Red1 selectively disrupts the meiotic recombination checkpoint in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1006928 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate separable roles for Red1 in building the structural axis of meiotic chromosomes and mounting a sustained recombination checkpoint response. ..
- Li P, Jin H, Yu H. Condensin suppresses recombination and regulates double-strand break processing at the repetitive ribosomal DNA array to ensure proper chromosome segregation during meiosis in budding yeast. Mol Biol Cell. 2014;25:2934-47 pubmed publisher..Our work reveals that condensin coordinates meiotic recombination with chromosome segregation at the repetitive rDNA sequence, thereby maintaining genome integrity. ..
- Laflamme G, Tremblay Boudreault T, Roy M, Andersen P, Bonneil E, Atchia K, et al. Structural maintenance of chromosome (SMC) proteins link microtubule stability to genome integrity. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:27418-31 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings demonstrate that SMC proteins can bind to and stabilize microtubules and that SMC-microtubule interactions are essential to establish a robust system to maintain genome integrity. ..