Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Yck3p
Description: casein kinase YCK3
Alias: CKI3, casein kinase YCK3
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Manandhar S, Gharakhanian E. ENV7 and YCK3, which encode vacuolar membrane protein kinases, genetically interact to impact cell fitness and vacuole morphology. FEMS Yeast Res. 2014;14:472-80 pubmed publisher..Such genetic buffering supports a critical role for membrane flux in global cell fitness. ..
- Hou H, Subramanian K, LaGrassa T, Markgraf D, Dietrich L, Urban J, et al. The DHHC protein Pfa3 affects vacuole-associated palmitoylation of the fusion factor Vac8. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:17366-71 pubmed..Our data indicate that Pfa3 has an important but not exclusive function for Vac8 localization to the vacuole. ..
- Pal G, Paraz M, Kellogg D. Regulation of Mih1/Cdc25 by protein phosphatase 2A and casein kinase 1. J Cell Biol. 2008;180:931-45 pubmed publisher..Because casein kinase 1 is associated with sites of polar growth, it may regulate Mih1 as part of a signaling mechanism that links successful completion of growth-related events to cell cycle progression. ..
- Orr A, Wickner W, Rusin S, Kettenbach A, Zick M. Yeast vacuolar HOPS, regulated by its kinase, exploits affinities for acidic lipids and Rab:GTP for membrane binding and to catalyze tethering and fusion. Mol Biol Cell. 2015;26:305-15 pubmed publisher..After phosphorylation by the vacuolar kinase Yck3p, phospho-HOPS needs both Ypt7p:GTP and acidic lipids to support fusion.
- Lusk C, Waller D, Makhnevych T, Dienemann A, Whiteway M, Thomas D, et al. Nup53p is a target of two mitotic kinases, Cdk1p and Hrr25p. Traffic. 2007;8:647-60 pubmed..The ability of nup53 alleles containing Cdk1p site mutations to complement synthetic defects of nup53 Delta nup170 Delta strains is linked to a function for Nup53p in the spindle assembly checkpoint. ..
- Lawrence G, Brown C, Flood B, Karunakaran S, Cabrera M, Nordmann M, et al. Dynamic association of the PI3P-interacting Mon1-Ccz1 GEF with vacuoles is controlled through its phosphorylation by the type 1 casein kinase Yck3. Mol Biol Cell. 2014;25:1608-19 pubmed publisher..released from vacuoles during the fusion reaction and its release requires its phosphorylation by the type 1 casein kinase Yck3. In contrast, Mon1 is retained on vacuoles lacking Yck3 or when Mon1 phosphorylation sites are mutated...
- Ho R, Stroupe C. The HOPS/class C Vps complex tethers membranes by binding to one Rab GTPase in each apposed membrane. Mol Biol Cell. 2015;26:2655-63 pubmed publisher..When HOPS is phosphorylated by the vacuolar casein kinase I, Yck3p, tethering only takes place when GTP-bound Ypt7p is present in both tethered membranes...