Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: YAK1
Description: serine/threonine protein kinase YAK1
Alias: serine/threonine protein kinase YAK1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Deminoff S, Howard S, Hester A, Warner S, Herman P. Using substrate-binding variants of the cAMP-dependent protein kinase to identify novel targets and a kinase domain important for substrate interactions in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2006;173:1909-17 pubmed..Moreover, the high conservation of the residues altered and, in particular, the invariant nature of the R324 position suggest that this approach might be generally applicable to other protein kinases. ..
- Jaspersen S, Charles J, Tinker Kulberg R, Morgan D. A late mitotic regulatory network controlling cyclin destruction in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Biol Cell. 1998;9:2803-17 pubmed..these mutants and found that the growth defect in most of the mutants is suppressed by overexpression of SPO12, YAK1, and SIC1 and is exacerbated by overproduction of the mitotic cyclin Clb2...
- Lee P, Kim M, Paik S, Choi S, Cho B, Hahn J. Rim15-dependent activation of Hsf1 and Msn2/4 transcription factors by direct phosphorylation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. FEBS Lett. 2013;587:3648-55 pubmed publisher..We also show that Rim15 can phosphorylate Msn2, but not Gis1, in vitro, implying different mechanisms for the activation of these transcription factors. ..
- Kabir M, Kaminska J, Segel G, Bethlendy G, Lin P, Della Seta F, et al. Physiological effects of unassembled chaperonin Cct subunits in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Yeast. 2005;22:219-39 pubmed..Furthermore, we also suggest that the Cct subunits can act as suppressors only in certain states, such as when associated with ATP. ..
- Zhang N, Quan Z, Rash B, Oliver S. Synergistic effects of TOR and proteasome pathways on the yeast transcriptome and cell growth. Open Biol. 2013;3:120137 pubmed publisher..Genetic analysis demonstrates that TORC1 negatively regulates both the Yak1 and Rim15 kinases to modulate starvation-specific gene expression mediated by the Msn2/4 and Gis1 transcription ..
- Malcher M, Schladebeck S, Mösch H. The Yak1 protein kinase lies at the center of a regulatory cascade affecting adhesive growth and stress resistance in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2011;187:717-30 pubmed publisher..integrated into regulatory networks, affect adhesive growth, including WHI3 encoding an RNA-binding protein and YAK1 coding for a dual-specificity tyrosine-regulated protein kinase...
- Hartley A, Ward M, Garrett S. The Yak1 protein kinase of Saccharomyces cerevisiae moderates thermotolerance and inhibits growth by an Sch9 protein kinase-independent mechanism. Genetics. 1994;136:465-74 pubmed..loss of yeast A kinase activity can be alleviated by the overexpression or deletion of two other kinases, Sch9 and Yak1, respectively...
- Lee P, Paik S, Shin C, Huh W, Hahn J. Regulation of yeast Yak1 kinase by PKA and autophosphorylation-dependent 14-3-3 binding. Mol Microbiol. 2011;79:633-46 pubmed publisherb>Yak1 is a member of an evolutionarily conserved family of Ser/Thr protein kinases known as dual-specificity Tyr phosphorylation-regulated kinases (DYRKs)...
- Kim E, Kim J, Kim Y, Lee P, Shin D, Kim M, et al. Development of high-throughput phosphorylation profiling method for identification of Ser/Thr kinase specificity. J Pept Sci. 2011;17:392-7 pubmed publisher..The substrate specificity of murine PKA (cAMP-dependent protein kinase A) and yeast Yak1 kinase was identified using this method...