Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: WSS1
Description: metalloendopeptidase WSS1
Alias: metalloendopeptidase WSS1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Shirai C, Mizuta K. SUMO mediates interaction of Ebp2p, the yeast homolog of Epstein-Barr virus nuclear antigen 1-binding protein 2, with a RING finger protein Ris1p. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2008;72:1881-6 pubmed..A SUMO-binding motif of Ris1p was required for interaction with Ebp2p. These results suggest that SUMO mediates the interaction between Ebp2p and SUMO related proteins and that Ebp2p switches its interaction partners via sumoylation. ..
- Mullen J, Das M, Brill S. Genetic evidence that polysumoylation bypasses the need for a SUMO-targeted Ub ligase. Genetics. 2011;187:73-87 pubmed publisher..In support of this latter possibility we find that the WSS1 isopeptidase is required for suppression by ulp2?.
- Alonso A, D Silva S, Rahman M, Meluh P, Keeling J, Meednu N, et al. The yeast homologue of the microtubule-associated protein Lis1 interacts with the sumoylation machinery and a SUMO-targeted ubiquitin ligase. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:4552-66 pubmed publisher..Both Pac1p and Bik1p interact with the STUbL Nis1p-Ris1p and the protease Wss1p. Strains deleted for RIS1 or WSS1 accumulate Pac1p conjugates...
- Stingele J, Schwarz M, Bloemeke N, Wolf P, Jentsch S. A DNA-dependent protease involved in DNA-protein crosslink repair. Cell. 2014;158:327-338 pubmed publisher..Here, we identify the metalloprotease Wss1 as being crucial for cell survival upon exposure to formaldehyde and topoisomerase 1-dependent DNA damage...
- Muñoz Galvan S, Jimeno S, Rothstein R, Aguilera A. Histone H3K56 acetylation, Rad52, and non-DNA repair factors control double-strand break repair choice with the sister chromatid. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003237 pubmed publisher..These include the SUMO/Ub-SUMO protease Wss1, the stress-response proteins Bud27 and Pdr10, the ADA histone acetyl-transferase complex proteins Ahc1 and Ada2, ..