Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: WSC2
Alias: STA3, Wsc2p
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Birkaya B, Maddi A, Joshi J, Free S, Cullen P. Role of the cell wall integrity and filamentous growth mitogen-activated protein kinase pathways in cell wall remodeling during filamentous growth. Eukaryot Cell. 2009;8:1118-33 pubmed publisher..Components of the cell wall integrity pathway including the cell surface proteins Slg1p/Wsc1p, Wsc2p, Mid2p, and the mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) Slt2p/Mpk1p contributed to multiple aspects of the FG ..
- Hosotani T, Koyama H, Uchino M, Miyakawa T, Tsuchiya E. PKC1, a protein kinase C homologue of Saccharomyces cerevisiae, participates in microtubule function through the yeast EB1 homologue, BIM1. Genes Cells. 2001;6:775-88 pubmed..These results suggest that Pkc1p plays a role which is relevant to microtubule functions and that this role is mediated by a hitherto unknown PKC signalling pathway and by Bim1p ..
- Zu T, Verna J, Ballester R. Mutations in WSC genes for putative stress receptors result in sensitivity to multiple stress conditions and impairment of Rlm1-dependent gene expression in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Genet Genomics. 2001;266:142-55 pubmed..The genes WSC1, WSC2 and WSC3 encode putative receptors that maintain cell wall integrity under conditions of heat stress...
- Imazu H, Sakurai H. Saccharomyces cerevisiae heat shock transcription factor regulates cell wall remodeling in response to heat shock. Eukaryot Cell. 2005;4:1050-6 pubmed..Another class of suppressors encoded cell wall stress sensors, Wsc1, Wsc2, and Mid2, and the GDP/GTP exchange factor Rom2 that interacts with these cell wall sensors...
- Raboy B, Marom A, Dor Y, Kulka R. Heat-induced cell cycle arrest of Saccharomyces cerevisiae: involvement of the RAD6/UBC2 and WSC2 genes in its reversal. Mol Microbiol. 1999;32:729-39 pubmed..Taken together the findings point to the existence of an unidentified heat stress-activated cell cycle checkpoint pathway, which is antagonized by Rad6p by a mechanism also involving Wsc2p.
- Wojda I, Bebelman J, Jakubowicz T, Siderius M. Thermosensitivity of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae gpp1gpp2 double deletion strain can be reduced by overexpression of genes involved in cell wall maintenance. Arch Microbiol. 2007;188:175-84 pubmed..We also confirmed that the internal glycerol level changed in cells exposed to cell wall perturbation. ..
- Shepard K, Gerber A, Jambhekar A, Takizawa P, Brown P, Herschlag D, et al. Widespread cytoplasmic mRNA transport in yeast: identification of 22 bud-localized transcripts using DNA microarray analysis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:11429-34 pubmed..In contrast to findings in metazoans, the untranslated regions are dispensable for mRNA localization in yeast. This study reveals an unanticipated widespread use of RNA transport in budding yeast. ..
- Kosodo Y, Imai K, Hirata A, Noda Y, Takatsuki A, Adachi H, et al. Multicopy suppressors of the sly1 temperature-sensitive mutation in the ER-Golgi vesicular transport in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Yeast. 2001;18:1003-14 pubmed..encode a multifunctional suppressor, SSD1; (2) heat shock proteins, SSB1 and SSB2; (3) cell surface proteins, WSC1, WSC2 and MID2; (4) ER-Golgi transport proteins, USO1 and BET1; and (5) an as-yet-uncharacterized protein, HSD1 (high-..
- de La Fuente N, Portillo F. The cell wall integrity/remodeling MAPK cascade is involved in glucose activation of the yeast plasma membrane H(+)-ATPase. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2000;1509:189-94 pubmed..In a genetic screening for multicopy suppressors of the rsp5 mutation, we identified the WSC2/YNL283c gene...
- Wilk S, Wittland J, Thywissen A, Schmitz H, Heinisch J. A block of endocytosis of the yeast cell wall integrity sensors Wsc1 and Wsc2 results in reduced fitness in vivo. Mol Genet Genomics. 2010;284:217-29 pubmed publisher..We here address the relation of intracellular localization of the sensors Wsc1, Wsc2, and Mid2 to their turnover and signaling function...
- Córcoles Sáez I, Ballester Tomás L, de la Torre Ruiz M, Prieto J, Randez Gil F. Low temperature highlights the functional role of the cell wall integrity pathway in the regulation of growth in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Biochem J. 2012;446:477-88 pubmed publisher..Hence, cold signalling through the CWI pathway has distinct features and might mediate still unknown effectors and targets. ..
- Zanelli C, Valentini S. Pkc1 acts through Zds1 and Gic1 to suppress growth and cell polarity defects of a yeast eIF5A mutant. Genetics. 2005;171:1571-81 pubmed..Taken together, these data strongly support the correlated involvement of Pkc1 and eIF5A in establishing actin polarity, which is essential for bud formation and G1/S transition in S. cerevisiae. ..
- Lottersberger F, Panza A, Lucchini G, Piatti S, Longhese M. The Saccharomyces cerevisiae 14-3-3 proteins are required for the G1/S transition, actin cytoskeleton organization and cell wall integrity. Genetics. 2006;173:661-75 pubmed..Both the protein kinase C1 (Pkc1) and its upstream regulators Wsc2 and Mid2 were found to act as high dosage suppressors of bmh mutants' temperature sensitivity, indicating a ..