Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: WHI3
Description: mRNA-binding protein WHI3
Alias: mRNA-binding protein WHI3
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Mizunuma M, Ogawa T, Koyama T, Shitamukai A, Tsubakiyama R, Komaruyama T, et al. Evidence of antagonistic regulation of restart from G(1) delay in response to osmotic stress by the Hog1 and Whi3 in budding yeast. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2013;77:2002-7 pubmed..We found that Whi3, a negative regulator of G1 cyclin, counteracted Hog1 in the restart from G1 delay caused by osmotic stress...
- Schlissel G, Krzyzanowski M, Caudron F, Barral Y, Rine J. Aggregation of the Whi3 protein, not loss of heterochromatin, causes sterility in old yeast cells. Science. 2017;355:1184-1187 pubmed publisher..however, they were less sensitive to mating pheromone than were young cells because of age-dependent aggregation of Whi3, an RNA-binding protein controlling S-phase entry...
- Mösch H, Fink G. Dissection of filamentous growth by transposon mutagenesis in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 1997;145:671-84 pubmed..targets of the filamentation signaling pathway, and we thereby identified 16 different genes, CDC39, STE12, TEC1, WHI3, NAB1, DBR1, CDC55, SRV2, TPM1, SPA2, BNI1, DFG5, DFG9, DFG10, BUD8 and DFG16, mutations that block filamentous ..
- Caudron F, Barral Y. A super-assembly of Whi3 encodes memory of deceptive encounters by single cells during yeast courtship. Cell. 2013;155:1244-57 pubmed publisher..This acquired behavior depends on super-assembly and inactivation of the G1/S inhibitor Whi3, which liberates the G1 cyclin Cln3 from translational inhibition...
- Cai Y, Futcher B. Effects of the yeast RNA-binding protein Whi3 on the half-life and abundance of CLN3 mRNA and other targets. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e84630 pubmed publisherb>Whi3 is an RNA binding protein known to bind the mRNA of the yeast G1 cyclin gene CLN3...