Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Vps9p
Description: guanine nucleotide exchange factor VPS9
Alias: VPL31, VPT9, guanine nucleotide exchange factor VPS9
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Cabrera M, Arlt H, Epp N, Lachmann J, Griffith J, Perz A, et al. Functional separation of endosomal fusion factors and the class C core vacuole/endosome tethering (CORVET) complex in endosome biogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:5166-75 pubmed publisher..the ultrastructure, CORVET mutants were most similar to deletions of the Rab Vps21 and its guanine nucleotide exchange factor Vps9 and different from vac1 deletion, indicating separate functions...
- Kang R, Daniels C, Francis S, Shih S, Salerno W, Hicke L, et al. Solution structure of a CUE-ubiquitin complex reveals a conserved mode of ubiquitin binding. Cell. 2003;113:621-30 pubmed..Comparative modeling suggests that the UBA domain interacts analogously with ubiquitin. The structure of the CUE-ubiquitin complex may thus serve as a paradigm for ubiquitin recognition and signaling by ubiquitin binding proteins. ..
- Morimoto Y, Tani M. Synthesis of mannosylinositol phosphorylceramides is involved in maintenance of cell integrity of yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Microbiol. 2015;95:706-22 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that loss of MIPC synthesis causes impairment of cell integrity, and this effect is enhanced by impaired synthesis of mannan-type N-glycans. ..
- Prag G, Misra S, Jones E, Ghirlando R, Davies B, Horazdovsky B, et al. Mechanism of ubiquitin recognition by the CUE domain of Vps9p. Cell. 2003;113:609-20 pubmed..The 2.3 A structure of the Vps9p-CUE domain is a dimeric domain-swapped variant of the ubiquitin binding UBA domain. The 1...
- Burd C, Mustol P, Schu P, Emr S. A yeast protein related to a mammalian Ras-binding protein, Vps9p, is required for localization of vacuolar proteins. Mol Cell Biol. 1996;16:2369-77 pubmed..novel reticular membrane structures as well as an accumulation of 40- to 50-nm-diameter vesicles, suggesting that Vps9p may be required for the consumption of transport vesicles containing vacuolar protein precursors...
- Kucharczyk R, Hoffman Sommer M, Piekarska I, von Mollard G, Rytka J. The Saccharomyces cerevisiae protein Ccz1p interacts with components of the endosomal fusion machinery. FEMS Yeast Res. 2009;9:565-73 pubmed publisher..The genes MON1 and YPT7 also interact genetically with PEP12. These results suggest that the Ccz1p-Mon1p-Ypt7p complex is involved in fusion of transport vesicles to multiple target membranes in yeast cells. ..
- Nakayasu E, Ansong C, Brown J, Yang F, Lopez Ferrer D, Qian W, et al. Evaluation of selected binding domains for the analysis of ubiquitinated proteomes. J Am Soc Mass Spectrom. 2013;24:1214-23 pubmed publisher..This approach is especially promising for the analysis of tissues or cells resistant to transfection, of which the overexpression of tagged ubiquitin is a major hurdle. ..
- Donaldson K, Yin H, Gekakis N, Supek F, Joazeiro C. Ubiquitin signals protein trafficking via interaction with a novel ubiquitin binding domain in the membrane fusion regulator, Vps9p. Curr Biol. 2003;13:258-62 pubmed..Here we report that Ub controls yet a third step in the Vps pathway. Vps9p, which promotes endosomal and Golgi-derived vesicle fusion, binds directly to Ub via a Cue1p-homologous (CUE) ..
- Nickerson D, Russell M, Lo S, Chapin H, Milnes J, Merz A. Termination of isoform-selective Vps21/Rab5 signaling at endolysosomal organelles by Msb3/Gyp3. Traffic. 2012;13:1411-1428 pubmed publisher..Gyp3, therefore, operates as a compartmental insulator that helps to define the spatial domain of Vps21 signaling in the endolysosomal pathway. ..
- Lo S, Brett C, Plemel R, Vignali M, Fields S, Gonen T, et al. Intrinsic tethering activity of endosomal Rab proteins. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2011;19:40-7 pubmed publisher..In our working model, the intrinsic tethering capacity Vps21 operates in concert with conventional effectors and SNAREs to drive efficient docking and fusion. ..
- Cabrera M, Ungermann C. Guanine nucleotide exchange factors (GEFs) have a critical but not exclusive role in organelle localization of Rab GTPases. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:28704-12 pubmed publisher..Our data agree with the emerging model that GEFs are critical for Rab localization but raise the possibility that additional factors can contribute to this process...
- Shiflett S, Vaughn M, Huynh D, Kaplan J, Ward D. Bph1p, the Saccharomyces cerevisiae homologue of CHS1/beige, functions in cell wall formation and protein sorting. Traffic. 2004;5:700-10 pubmed..Together, these data suggest that Bph1p associates with a membrane and is involved in protein sorting and cell wall formation. ..
- Bean B, Davey M, Snider J, Jessulat M, Deineko V, Tinney M, et al. Rab5-family guanine nucleotide exchange factors bind retromer and promote its recruitment to endosomes. Mol Biol Cell. 2015;26:1119-28 pubmed publisher..The interaction of retromer with distinct VPS9 GEFs could thus link GEF-dependent regulatory inputs to the temporal or spatial coordination of retromer assembly or function. ..