Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: VPS71
Alias: SWC6, Vps71p
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Millson S, van Oosten Hawle P, Alkuriji M, Truman A, Siderius M, Piper P. Cdc37 engages in stable, S14A mutation-reinforced association with the most atypical member of the yeast kinome, Cdk-activating kinase (Cak1). Cell Stress Chaperones. 2014;19:695-703 pubmed publisher..Thus, this is the first Cdc37 client kinase found to be excluded from S14 phosphorylation-dependent interaction. The unusual stability of this Cak1:Cdc37 association may partly reflect unique structural features of the fungal Cak1. ..
- Watanabe S, Tan D, Lakshminarasimhan M, Washburn M, Hong E, Walz T, et al. Structural analyses of the chromatin remodelling enzymes INO80-C and SWR-C. Nat Commun. 2015;6:7108 pubmed publisher..In contrast, the Ies6/Arp5 module is essential for INO80-C remodelling, and furthermore this module controls conformational changes that may couple nucleosome binding to remodelling. ..
- Bonangelino C, Chavez E, Bonifacino J. Genomic screen for vacuolar protein sorting genes in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Biol Cell. 2002;13:2486-501 pubmed..The identification and phenotypic characterization of these novel mutants provide new insights into the mechanisms of vacuolar protein sorting, most notably the probable involvement of the actin cytoskeleton in this process. ..
- Malagon F, Tong A, Shafer B, Strathern J. Genetic interactions of DST1 in Saccharomyces cerevisiae suggest a role of TFIIS in the initiation-elongation transition. Genetics. 2004;166:1215-27 pubmed..mutants have a synthetic growth defective phenotype when combined with fyv4, gim5, htz1, yal011w, ybr231c, soh1, vps71, and vps72 mutants that is exacerbated during germination or at high salt concentrations; (2) TFIIS and Rpb9 are ..
- Emre N, Ingvarsdottir K, Wyce A, Wood A, Krogan N, Henry K, et al. Maintenance of low histone ubiquitylation by Ubp10 correlates with telomere-proximal Sir2 association and gene silencing. Mol Cell. 2005;17:585-94 pubmed..Our results suggest that these H2B-deubiquitylating enzymes have distinct genomic functions. ..
- Luk E, Vu N, Patteson K, Mizuguchi G, Wu W, Ranjan A, et al. Chz1, a nuclear chaperone for histone H2AZ. Mol Cell. 2007;25:357-68 pubmed..The presence of this motif in other metazoan proteins suggests that H2AZ-specific chaperones may be widely conserved. ..
- Watanabe S, Radman Livaja M, Rando O, Peterson C. A histone acetylation switch regulates H2A.Z deposition by the SWR-C remodeling enzyme. Science. 2013;340:195-9 pubmed publisher..Z from nucleosomes. Our study identifies a histone modification that regulates a chromatin remodeling reaction and provides insights into how histone variants and nucleosome turnover can be controlled by chromatin regulators...