Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: VPS60
Alias: CHM5, MOS10, Vps60p
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Bowers K, Lottridge J, Helliwell S, Goldthwaite L, Luzio J, Stevens T. Protein-protein interactions of ESCRT complexes in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Traffic. 2004;5:194-210 pubmed..We propose the formation of a large multimeric complex on the endosome membrane consisting of ESCRTI, ESCRTII, ESCRTIII and other associated proteins. ..
- Rue S, Mattei S, Saksena S, Emr S. Novel Ist1-Did2 complex functions at a late step in multivesicular body sorting. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:475-84 pubmed..Moreover, this approach revealed that Ist1-Did2 and Vta1-Vps60 compose two functional units...
- Xiao J, Xia H, Zhou J, Azmi I, Davies B, Katzmann D, et al. Structural basis of Vta1 function in the multivesicular body sorting pathway. Dev Cell. 2008;14:37-49 pubmed publisher..We report the high-resolution crystal structures of the Did2- and Vps60-binding N-terminal domain and the Vps4-binding C-terminal domain of S. cerevisiae Vta1...
- Shiflett S, Ward D, Huynh D, Vaughn M, Simmons J, Kaplan J. Characterization of Vta1p, a class E Vps protein in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:10982-90 pubmed..Membrane-associated Vta1p co-purified with Vps60p, suggesting that Vta1p is a class E Vps protein that interacts with Vps60p on a prevacuolar compartment.
- Azmi I, Davies B, Xiao J, Babst M, Xu Z, Katzmann D. ESCRT-III family members stimulate Vps4 ATPase activity directly or via Vta1. Dev Cell. 2008;14:50-61 pubmed publisher..mechanisms of Vps4 stimulation are described: Vps2 can directly stimulate Vps4 via its MIT domain, whereas Vps60 stimulates via Vta1. Moreover, Did2 can stimulate Vps4 by both mechanisms in distinct contexts...
- Köhler J. Mos10 (Vps60) is required for normal filament maturation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Microbiol. 2003;49:1267-85 pubmed..In a screen for mutants that affect this process, a vacuolar protein sorting gene, MOS10 (VPS60), and a gene encoding an alpha subunit of the proteasome core, PRE9, were isolated...
- Weiss P, Huppert S, Kölling R. ESCRT-III protein Snf7 mediates high-level expression of the SUC2 gene via the Rim101 pathway. Eukaryot Cell. 2008;7:1888-94 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, Snf7 turned out to be dispensable for SUC2 expression in an NRG1 deletion background. Thus, the effects of Snf7 on SUC2 expression can be completely accounted for by its effect on Nrg1 levels. ..
- Nickerson D, West M, Henry R, Odorizzi G. Regulators of Vps4 ATPase activity at endosomes differentially influence the size and rate of formation of intralumenal vesicles. Mol Biol Cell. 2010;21:1023-32 pubmed publisher..Did2 plays a unique role in the regulation of MVB lumenal vesicle size, whereas Vtal and Vps60 promote efficient membrane scission and delivery of membrane to the endosome lumen...
- Yang Z, Vild C, Ju J, Zhang X, Liu J, Shen J, et al. Structural basis of molecular recognition between ESCRT-III-like protein Vps60 and AAA-ATPase regulator Vta1 in the multivesicular body pathway. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:43899-908 pubmed publisher..Vps4 activity is stimulated by the interaction between Vta1 and Vps60, but the structural basis for this interaction is unclear...
- Matsumoto R, Suzuki K, Ohya Y. Organelle acidification is important for localisation of vacuolar proteins in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Protoplasma. 2013;250:1283-93 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that many alterations in the localisation of vacuolar proteins occur after loss of the acidification of acidic compartments. ..