Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: VPS60
Alias: CHM5, MOS10
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Characterization of Vta1p, a class E Vps protein in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeShelly L Shiflett
Department of Pathology, Division of Cell Biology and Immunology, University of Utah Health Science Center, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132 2501, USA
J Biol Chem 279:10982-90. 2004..Deletion of VTA1 or VPS60, another putative class E gene, resulted in calcofluor white hypersensitivity...
- Protein-protein interactions of ESCRT complexes in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiaeKatherine Bowers
Cambridge Institute for Medical Research and Department of Clinical Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, Wellcome Trust MRC Building, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Hills Road, Cambridge, CB2 2XY, UK
Traffic 5:194-210. 2004..We propose the formation of a large multimeric complex on the endosome membrane consisting of ESCRTI, ESCRTII, ESCRTIII and other associated proteins...
- Novel Ist1-Did2 complex functions at a late step in multivesicular body sortingSarah M Rue
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Mol Biol Cell 19:475-84. 2008..Moreover, this approach revealed that Ist1-Did2 and Vta1-Vps60 compose two functional units...
- Structural basis of Vta1 function in the multivesicular body sorting pathwayJunyu Xiao
Life Sciences Institute and Department of Biological Chemistry, Medical School, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Dev Cell 14:37-49. 2008..We report the high-resolution crystal structures of the Did2- and Vps60-binding N-terminal domain and the Vps4-binding C-terminal domain of S. cerevisiae Vta1...
- ESCRT-III family members stimulate Vps4 ATPase activity directly or via Vta1Ishara F Azmi
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Dev Cell 14:50-61. 2008..mechanisms of Vps4 stimulation are described: Vps2 can directly stimulate Vps4 via its MIT domain, whereas Vps60 stimulates via Vta1. Moreover, Did2 can stimulate Vps4 by both mechanisms in distinct contexts...
- Organelle acidification is important for localisation of vacuolar proteins in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeRisa Matsumoto
The Department of Integrated Biosciences, Graduate School of Frontier Sciences, University of Tokyo, Bldg FSB 101, 5 1 5 Kashiwanoha, Kashiwa, Chiba, 277 8562, Japan
Protoplasma 250:1283-93. 2013..These results suggest that many alterations in the localisation of vacuolar proteins occur after loss of the acidification of acidic compartments. ..
- Structural basis of molecular recognition between ESCRT-III-like protein Vps60 and AAA-ATPase regulator Vta1 in the multivesicular body pathwayZhongzheng Yang
State Key Laboratory of Bioorganic and Natural Products Chemistry, Shanghai Institute of Organic Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 200032, China
J Biol Chem 287:43899-908. 2012..Vps4 activity is stimulated by the interaction between Vta1 and Vps60, but the structural basis for this interaction is unclear...
- Mos10 (Vps60) is required for normal filament maturation in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeJulia R Köhler
Division of Infectious Disease, Children s Hospital, 300 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Mol Microbiol 49:1267-85. 2003..In a screen for mutants that affect this process, a vacuolar protein sorting gene, MOS10 (VPS60), and a gene encoding an alpha subunit of the proteasome core, PRE9, were isolated...
- ESCRT-III protein Snf7 mediates high-level expression of the SUC2 gene via the Rim101 pathwayPeter Weiss
Institut für Lebensmittelwissenschaft und Biotechnologie, Fg Gärungstechnologie, Universitat Hohenheim, Garbenstr 23, D 70599 Stuttgart, Germany
Eukaryot Cell 7:1888-94. 2008..Furthermore, Snf7 turned out to be dispensable for SUC2 expression in an NRG1 deletion background. Thus, the effects of Snf7 on SUC2 expression can be completely accounted for by its effect on Nrg1 levels...
- Regulators of Vps4 ATPase activity at endosomes differentially influence the size and rate of formation of intralumenal vesiclesDaniel P Nickerson
Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO 80309 0347, USA
Mol Biol Cell 21:1023-32. 2010..Did2 plays a unique role in the regulation of MVB lumenal vesicle size, whereas Vtal and Vps60 promote efficient membrane scission and delivery of membrane to the endosome lumen...
- Escrt-III: an endosome-associated heterooligomeric protein complex required for mvb sortingMarkus Babst
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, School of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093, USA
Dev Cell 3:271-82. 2002..The Vps2-Vps24 subcomplex binds to the Vps20-Snf7 complex and thereby serves to recruit additional cofactors to this site of protein sorting. We provide evidence for a role for ESCRT-III in sorting and/or concentration of MVB cargoes...
- Echinocandin resistant & hypersensitive C. albicansJULIA KOEHLER; Fiscal Year: 2006..The resulting overview of genes involved in Candida's echinocandin response will provide probes to dissect the networks that regulate this pathogen's ability to maintain the integrity of its cell wall. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Hypha-to-yeast morphogenetic step in C. albicansJULIA KOEHLER; Fiscal Year: 2006..albicans. It is hoped that a better understanding of this critical element of virulence will lead to new strategies for therapeutic intervention. ..