Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: VPS54
Alias: CGP1, LUV1, TCS3, Vps54p
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Smith A, Archer J, Solomon F. Regulation of tubulin polypeptides and microtubule function: Luv1p [correction of Rki1p] interacts with the beta-tubulin binding protein Rbl2p. Chromosoma. 1998;107:471-8 pubmed..Here we describe the identification of a novel yeast gene, LUV1 [corrected], that interacts genetically with RBL2...
- Fiedler T, Karpova T, Fleig U, Young M, Cooper J, Hegemann J. The vesicular transport protein Cgp1p/Vps54p/Tcs3p/Luv1p is required for the integrity of the actin cytoskeleton. Mol Genet Genomics. 2002;268:190-205 pubmed..Cgp1p was recently identified by several groups as Vps54p, which is a member of the VFT complex that is involved in vesicular protein transport at the level of the late ..
- Reggiori F, Wang C, Stromhaug P, Shintani T, Klionsky D. Vps51 is part of the yeast Vps fifty-three tethering complex essential for retrograde traffic from the early endosome and Cvt vesicle completion. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:5009-20 pubmed..We demonstrate that Ykr020 is a subunit of the Vps fifty-three tethering complex, composed of Vps52, Vps53, and Vps54, which is required for retrograde traffic from the early endosome back to the late Golgi, and for this reason we ..
- Panic B, Whyte J, Munro S. The ARF-like GTPases Arl1p and Arl3p act in a pathway that interacts with vesicle-tethering factors at the Golgi apparatus. Curr Biol. 2003;13:405-10 pubmed..Finally, we find that Arl3p is required in vivo for the targeting of Arl1p, explaining its requirement for the normal distribution of Imh1p. ..
- Siniossoglou S, Pelham H. Vps51p links the VFT complex to the SNARE Tlg1p. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:48318-24 pubmed..of the SNARE Snc1p to the plasma membrane, but still assemble a core VFT complex consisting of Vps52p, Vps53p, and Vps54p that localizes properly to the Golgi. Binding to Ypt6-GTP is a property of Vps52p...
- Kishimoto T, Yamamoto T, Tanaka K. Defects in structural integrity of ergosterol and the Cdc50p-Drs2p putative phospholipid translocase cause accumulation of endocytic membranes, onto which actin patches are assembled in yeast. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:5592-609 pubmed..Simultaneous loss of both phospholipid asymmetry and sterol structural integrity could lead to accumulation of endocytic intermediates capable of initiating assembly of actin patches in the cytoplasm. ..
- Dulubova I, Yamaguchi T, Gao Y, Min S, Huryeva I, Sudhof T, et al. How Tlg2p/syntaxin 16 'snares' Vps45. EMBO J. 2002;21:3620-31 pubmed..Thus, this mechanism represents the most widespread mode of coupling between syntaxins and SM proteins. ..
- Guo J, Polymenis M. Dcr2 targets Ire1 and downregulates the unfolded protein response in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. EMBO Rep. 2006;7:1124-7 pubmed..Our results are consistent with de-phosphorylation of Ire1 being a mechanism for antagonizing UPR signalling. ..
- Rojas Benítez D, Thiaville P, de CrÃ©cy Lagard V, Glavic A. The Levels of a Universally Conserved tRNA Modification Regulate Cell Growth. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:18699-707 pubmed publisher..In the present work, we show that loss of the Drosophila tcs3 homolog also leads to a severe reduction in size and demonstrate, for the first time in a non-microbe, that Tcs3 is ..
- Chou H, Dukovski D, Chambers M, Reinisch K, Walz T. CATCHR, HOPS and CORVET tethering complexes share a similar architecture. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2016;23:761-3 pubmed publisher..We also show that HOPS, a tethering complex acting in the endolysosomal pathway, shares a similar architecture, thus suggesting that multisubunit tethering complexes use related structural frameworks. ..