Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: VPS53
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- VanRheenen S, Reilly B, Chamberlain S, Waters M. Dsl1p, an essential protein required for membrane traffic at the endoplasmic reticulum/Golgi interface in yeast. Traffic. 2001;2:212-31 pubmed
- Panic B, Whyte J, Munro S. The ARF-like GTPases Arl1p and Arl3p act in a pathway that interacts with vesicle-tethering factors at the Golgi apparatus. Curr Biol. 2003;13:405-10 pubmed..Finally, we find that Arl3p is required in vivo for the targeting of Arl1p, explaining its requirement for the normal distribution of Imh1p. ..
- Conibear E, Cleck J, Stevens T. Vps51p mediates the association of the GARP (Vps52/53/54) complex with the late Golgi t-SNARE Tlg1p. Mol Biol Cell. 2003;14:1610-23 pubmed..The binding of this small, coiled-coil protein to the conserved N-terminal domain of the t-SNARE therefore provides a crucial link between components of the tethering and the fusion machinery. ..
- Reggiori F, Klionsky D. Atg9 sorting from mitochondria is impaired in early secretion and VFT-complex mutants in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Cell Sci. 2006;119:2903-11 pubmed..All mutants have been previously shown to be required for the normal progression of both the Cvt pathway and autophagy, but their precise role in these transport routes was unknown. ..
- He X, Qian W, Wang Z, Li Y, Zhang J. Prevalent positive epistasis in Escherichia coli and Saccharomyces cerevisiae metabolic networks. Nat Genet. 2010;42:272-6 pubmed publisher..We offer mechanistic explanations of these findings and experimentally validate them for 61 S. cerevisiae gene pairs. ..
- FrÃ¶hlich F, Petit C, Kory N, Christiano R, Hannibal Bach H, Graham M, et al. The GARP complex is required for cellular sphingolipid homeostasis. elife. 2015;4: pubmed publisher..A GARP complex mutation analogous to a VPS53 allele causing progressive cerebello-cerebral atrophy type 2 (PCCA2) in humans exhibits similar, albeit weaker, ..
- Quenneville N, Chao T, McCaffery J, Conibear E. Domains within the GARP subunit Vps54 confer separate functions in complex assembly and early endosome recognition. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:1859-70 pubmed..These data suggest that separate domains recruit tethering complexes to different upstream compartments to regulate individual trafficking pathways. ..