Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: VPS52
Alias: SAC2, Vps52p
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Soper J, Kehm V, Burd C, Bankaitis V, Lee V. Aggregation of ?-synuclein in S. cerevisiae is associated with defects in endosomal trafficking and phospholipid biosynthesis. J Mol Neurosci. 2011;43:391-405 pubmed publisher..These data suggest new pathogenic mechanisms for ?-synuclein neurotoxicity. ..
- Webster M, McCaffery J, COHEN FIX O. Vesicle trafficking maintains nuclear shape in Saccharomyces cerevisiae during membrane proliferation. J Cell Biol. 2010;191:1079-88 pubmed publisher..Moreover, flares may facilitate maintenance of a constant nuclear/cell volume ratio in the face of altered membrane proliferation. ..
- FrÃ¶hlich F, Petit C, Kory N, Christiano R, Hannibal Bach H, Graham M, et al. The GARP complex is required for cellular sphingolipid homeostasis. elife. 2015;4: pubmed publisher..Together, these data show that GARP is essential for cellular sphingolipid homeostasis and suggest a therapeutic strategy for the treatment of PCCA2. ..
- Chou H, Dukovski D, Chambers M, Reinisch K, Walz T. CATCHR, HOPS and CORVET tethering complexes share a similar architecture. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2016;23:761-3 pubmed publisher..We also show that HOPS, a tethering complex acting in the endolysosomal pathway, shares a similar architecture, thus suggesting that multisubunit tethering complexes use related structural frameworks. ..
- Winsor B, Schiebel E. Review: an overview of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae microtubule and microfilament cytoskeleton. Yeast. 1997;13:399-434 pubmed
- Kishimoto T, Yamamoto T, Tanaka K. Defects in structural integrity of ergosterol and the Cdc50p-Drs2p putative phospholipid translocase cause accumulation of endocytic membranes, onto which actin patches are assembled in yeast. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:5592-609 pubmed..Simultaneous loss of both phospholipid asymmetry and sterol structural integrity could lead to accumulation of endocytic intermediates capable of initiating assembly of actin patches in the cytoplasm. ..
- Quenneville N, Chao T, McCaffery J, Conibear E. Domains within the GARP subunit Vps54 confer separate functions in complex assembly and early endosome recognition. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:1859-70 pubmed..These data suggest that separate domains recruit tethering complexes to different upstream compartments to regulate individual trafficking pathways. ..