Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: VPS51
Alias: API3, VPS67, WHI6, Vps51p
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Ohashi Y, Munro S. Membrane delivery to the yeast autophagosome from the Golgi-endosomal system. Mol Biol Cell. 2010;21:3998-4008 pubmed publisher..This is underestimated by examination of single mutants, providing a possible explanation for discrepancies between yeast and mammalian studies on Atg9 localization and autophagosome formation. ..
- Bidlingmaier S, Snyder M. Large-scale identification of genes important for apical growth in Saccharomyces cerevisiae by directed allele replacement technology (DART) screening. Funct Integr Genomics. 2002;1:345-56 pubmed..SMY1, SPA2, PAN1, SLA1, SLA2, CBK1, SEC22, FAB1, VPS36, VID22, RAS2, ECM33, OPI3, API1/YDR372c, API2/YDR525w, API3/YKR020w, and API4/YNL051w), which alter the elongated bud morphology of cdc34-2 cells arrested in the apical growth ..
- Eapen V, Haber J. DNA damage signaling triggers the cytoplasm-to-vacuole pathway of autophagy to regulate cell cycle progression. Autophagy. 2013;9:440-1 pubmed publisher..GARP mutants such as vps51? exhibit mislocalization of the key mitotic regulator, securin (Pds1), and its degradation by the vacuolar ..
- Kishimoto T, Yamamoto T, Tanaka K. Defects in structural integrity of ergosterol and the Cdc50p-Drs2p putative phospholipid translocase cause accumulation of endocytic membranes, onto which actin patches are assembled in yeast. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:5592-609 pubmed..Simultaneous loss of both phospholipid asymmetry and sterol structural integrity could lead to accumulation of endocytic intermediates capable of initiating assembly of actin patches in the cytoplasm. ..
- Guo J, Polymenis M. Dcr2 targets Ire1 and downregulates the unfolded protein response in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. EMBO Rep. 2006;7:1124-7 pubmed..Our results are consistent with de-phosphorylation of Ire1 being a mechanism for antagonizing UPR signalling. ..
- Bugnicourt A, Froissard M, Sereti K, Ulrich H, Haguenauer Tsapis R, Galan J. Antagonistic roles of ESCRT and Vps class C/HOPS complexes in the recycling of yeast membrane proteins. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:4203-14 pubmed..Genetic analyses indicated that these phenotypes were due to the functioning of the Vps class C complex in trafficking both to and from the late endosomal compartment. ..
- Bonangelino C, Chavez E, Bonifacino J. Genomic screen for vacuolar protein sorting genes in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Biol Cell. 2002;13:2486-501 pubmed..The identification and phenotypic characterization of these novel mutants provide new insights into the mechanisms of vacuolar protein sorting, most notably the probable involvement of the actin cytoskeleton in this process. ..
- Chou H, Dukovski D, Chambers M, Reinisch K, Walz T. CATCHR, HOPS and CORVET tethering complexes share a similar architecture. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2016;23:761-3 pubmed publisher..We also show that HOPS, a tethering complex acting in the endolysosomal pathway, shares a similar architecture, thus suggesting that multisubunit tethering complexes use related structural frameworks. ..