Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: VPS45
Alias: STT10, VPL28, Vps45p
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Webb G, Hoedt M, Poole L, Jones E. Genetic interactions between a pep7 mutation and the PEP12 and VPS45 genes: evidence for a novel SNARE component in transport between the Saccharomyces cerevisiae Golgi complex and endosome. Genetics. 1997;147:467-78 pubmed..Overexpression of PEP12 was able to do the same, but to a lesser extent. Vps45p and Pep12p are Sec1p and syntaxin (t-SNARE) homologues, respectively, and are also thought to function in ..
- Conibear E, Stevens T. Vps52p, Vps53p, and Vps54p form a novel multisubunit complex required for protein sorting at the yeast late Golgi. Mol Biol Cell. 2000;11:305-23 pubmed..The Vps52/53/54 complex joins a growing list of distinct multisubunit complexes that regulate membrane-trafficking events. ..
- Carpp L, Shanks S, Struthers M, Bryant N. Cellular levels of the syntaxin Tlg2p are regulated by a single mode of binding to Vps45p. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;363:857-60 pubmed..We have previously characterised two binding modes used by the yeast SM protein Vps45p to interact with its SNARE proteins...
- Bryant N, Piper R, Gerrard S, Stevens T. Traffic into the prevacuolar/endosomal compartment of Saccharomyces cerevisiae: a VPS45-dependent intracellular route and a VPS45-independent, endocytic route. Eur J Cell Biol. 1998;76:43-52 pubmed..Here we demonstrate that the Sec1p-like protein Vps45p is required for the fusion of Golgi-derived vesicles with the prevacuolar compartment indicating that VPS45 ..
- Kucharczyk R, Hoffman Sommer M, Piekarska I, von Mollard G, Rytka J. The Saccharomyces cerevisiae protein Ccz1p interacts with components of the endosomal fusion machinery. FEMS Yeast Res. 2009;9:565-73 pubmed publisher..with deletions of PEP12 or other genes encoding components of the endosomal fusion machinery, VPS21, VPS9 or VPS45, results in synthetic growth phenotypes. The genes MON1 and YPT7 also interact genetically with PEP12...
- Carpp L, Ciufo L, Shanks S, Boyd A, Bryant N. The Sec1p/Munc18 protein Vps45p binds its cognate SNARE proteins via two distinct modes. J Cell Biol. 2006;173:927-36 pubmed..The SM protein Vps45p binds its Sx Tlg2p in a manner analogous to that captured by the Sly1p-Sed5p crystal structure, whereby the NH2-..
- Padilla Lopez S, Jiménez Hidalgo M, Martin Montalvo A, Clarke C, Navas P, Santos Ocaña C. Genetic evidence for the requirement of the endocytic pathway in the uptake of coenzyme Q6 in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2009;1788:1238-48 pubmed publisher..Additional data about the positive effect of peptone presence for exogenous Q(6) uptake support the hypothesis that Q(6) is transported to mitochondria through an endocytic-based system. ..
- Jensen L, Carroll M, Hall M, Harvey C, Beese S, Culotta V. Down-regulation of a manganese transporter in the face of metal toxicity. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:2810-9 pubmed publisher..We provide evidence that manganese starvation is sensed within the lumen of the secretory pathway, whereas manganese toxicity is sensed within an extra-Golgi/cytosolic compartment of the cell. ..
- Jin Y, Weisman L. The vacuole/lysosome is required for cell-cycle progression. elife. 2015;4: pubmed publisher..Furthermore, this role for the vacuole in cell-cycle progression requires an intact TORC1-SCH9 pathway that can only signal from a mature vacuole. These mechanisms may serve as a checkpoint for the presence of the vacuole/lysosome. ..
- Peterson M, Emr S. The class C Vps complex functions at multiple stages of the vacuolar transport pathway. Traffic. 2001;2:476-86 pubmed..Collectively, these results indicate that the Class C Vps complex plays essential roles in the processes of membrane docking and fusion at both the Golgi-to-endosome and endosome-to-vacuole stages of transport. ..
- Abeliovich H, Darsow T, Emr S. Cytoplasm to vacuole trafficking of aminopeptidase I requires a t-SNARE-Sec1p complex composed of Tlg2p and Vps45p. EMBO J. 1999;18:6005-16 pubmed..Here we show that Tlg2p, a member of the syntaxin family of t-SNARE proteins, and Vps45p, a Sec1p homologue, are required in the constitutive Cvt pathway, but not in inducible macroautophagy...
- Nichols B, Holthuis J, Pelham H. The Sec1p homologue Vps45p binds to the syntaxin Tlg2p. Eur J Cell Biol. 1998;77:263-8 pubmed..One of these, Vps45p, is required for transport from Golgi to late endosomes, and has been implicated in the function of the late ..
- Stepp J, Huang K, Lemmon S. The yeast adaptor protein complex, AP-3, is essential for the efficient delivery of alkaline phosphatase by the alternate pathway to the vacuole. J Cell Biol. 1997;139:1761-74 pubmed..One gene identified by this synthetic lethal screen was VPS45. The Vps pathway defines the route that several proteins, including carboxypeptidase Y, take from the late Golgi ..
- Furgason M, MacDonald C, Shanks S, Ryder S, Bryant N, Munson M. The N-terminal peptide of the syntaxin Tlg2p modulates binding of its closed conformation to Vps45p. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:14303-8 pubmed publisher..The SM protein Vps45p, which regulates endosomal trafficking in yeast, binds the conserved N-terminal peptide of the syntaxin Tlg2p...
- Yoshida S, Ohya Y, Hirose R, Nakano A, Anraku Y. STT10, a novel class-D VPS yeast gene required for osmotic integrity related to the PKC1/STT1 protein kinase pathway. Gene. 1995;160:117-22 pubmedWe report the genetic and biochemical properties of a staurosporine (ST)- and temperature-sensitive mutant, stt10, of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. The stt10 mutant shows an osmoremedial phenotype in a medium with 1 M sorbitol...
- Bassham D, Raikhel N. An Arabidopsis VPS45p homolog implicated in protein transport to the vacuole. Plant Physiol. 1998;117:407-15 pubmed..This family includes Vps45p, which is required for transport to the vacuole in yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae)...
- Gerhardt B, Kordas T, Thompson C, Patel P, Vida T. The vesicle transport protein Vps33p is an ATP-binding protein that localizes to the cytosol in an energy-dependent manner. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:15818-29 pubmed..Overall, these data support a model where Vps33p cycles between soluble and particulate forms in an ATP-dependent manner, which may facilitate the specificity of transport vesicle docking or targeting to the yeast lysosome/vacuole. ..