Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: VPS35
Description: retromer subunit VPS35
Alias: GRD9, VPT7, retromer subunit VPS35
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Deloche O, Schekman R. Vps10p cycles between the TGN and the late endosome via the plasma membrane in clathrin mutants. Mol Biol Cell. 2002;13:4296-307 pubmed..Once relieved of cargo protein, Vps10p would be recycled to the trans-Golgi and then to the cell surface for further rounds of sorting. ..
- Shi Y, Stefan C, Rue S, Teis D, Emr S. Two novel WD40 domain-containing proteins, Ere1 and Ere2, function in the retromer-mediated endosomal recycling pathway. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:4093-107 pubmed publisher..Moreover, a complex containing the two novel proteins Ere1 and Ere2 mediates cargo-specific recognition by the retromer pathway. ..
- Luo W, Chang A. Novel genes involved in endosomal traffic in yeast revealed by suppression of a targeting-defective plasma membrane ATPase mutant. J Cell Biol. 1997;138:731-46 pubmed..Thus, cell surface delivery of mutant Pma1 can occur as a consequence of disturbances at several different sites in the endosomal system. ..
- Arcones I, Sacristan C, Roncero C. Maintaining protein homeostasis: early and late endosomal dual recycling for the maintenance of intracellular pools of the plasma membrane protein Chs3. Mol Biol Cell. 2016;27:4021-4032 pubmed
- Kama R, Robinson M, Gerst J. Btn2, a Hook1 ortholog and potential Batten disease-related protein, mediates late endosome-Golgi protein sorting in yeast. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:605-21 pubmed..g., Snc1 and Snc2 [Snc1/2], Tlg1, Tlg2, and Vti1), the Snx4 sorting nexin, and retromer (e.g., Vps26 and Vps35)...
- Luo Z, Gallwitz D. Biochemical and genetic evidence for the involvement of yeast Ypt6-GTPase in protein retrieval to different Golgi compartments. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:791-9 pubmed..The results obtained indicate that Ypt6p acts in endosome-to-Golgi, in intra-Golgi retrograde transport, and possibly also in Golgi-to-ER trafficking. ..
- Takahashi M, Frost C, Oyadomari K, Pinho M, Sao D, Chima Okereke O, et al. A novel immunodetection screen for vacuolar defects identifies a unique allele of VPS35 in S. cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biochem. 2008;311:121-36 pubmed publisher..env mutants define five complementation groups. The first gene of the collection to be cloned, ENV1 is allelic to VPS35 whose established function is in retrograde trafficking from late endosome to trans-Golgi network (TGN)...
- Dechamps C, Portetelle D, Vandenbol M. Multicopy suppression screen in the msb3 msb4 Saccharomyces cerevisiae double mutant, affected in Ypt/RabGAP activity. Biotechnol Lett. 2005;27:1439-49 pubmed
- Bean B, Davey M, Snider J, Jessulat M, Deineko V, Tinney M, et al. Rab5-family guanine nucleotide exchange factors bind retromer and promote its recruitment to endosomes. Mol Biol Cell. 2015;26:1119-28 pubmed publisher..The interaction of retromer with distinct VPS9 GEFs could thus link GEF-dependent regulatory inputs to the temporal or spatial coordination of retromer assembly or function. ..
- Webster M, McCaffery J, COHEN FIX O. Vesicle trafficking maintains nuclear shape in Saccharomyces cerevisiae during membrane proliferation. J Cell Biol. 2010;191:1079-88 pubmed publisher..Moreover, flares may facilitate maintenance of a constant nuclear/cell volume ratio in the face of altered membrane proliferation. ..
- Collins B, Skinner C, Watson P, Seaman M, Owen D. Vps29 has a phosphoesterase fold that acts as a protein interaction scaffold for retromer assembly. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2005;12:594-602 pubmed