Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: VPS34
Description: phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase VPS34
Alias: END12, PEP15, STT8, VPL7, VPS7, VPT29, phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase VPS34
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Gaur N, Hasek J, Brickner D, Qiu H, Zhang F, Wong C, et al. Vps factors are required for efficient transcription elongation in budding yeast. Genetics. 2013;193:829-51 pubmed publisher..We found that yeast mutants lacking the phosphatidylinositol 3-phosphate [PI(3)P] kinase Vps34 or its associated protein kinase Vps15 display multiple phenotypes indicating impaired transcription elongation...
- Zurita Martinez S, Puria R, Pan X, Boeke J, Cardenas M. Efficient Tor signaling requires a functional class C Vps protein complex in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2007;176:2139-50 pubmed
- Wiederhold E, Gandhi T, Permentier H, Breitling R, Poolman B, Slotboom D. The yeast vacuolar membrane proteome. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2009;8:380-92 pubmed publisher..Our work provides a wealth of information on vacuolar biology and a solid basis for further characterization of vacuolar functions. ..
- Grunau S, Lay D, Mindthoff S, Platta H, Girzalsky W, Just W, et al. The phosphoinositide 3-kinase Vps34p is required for pexophagy in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Biochem J. 2011;434:161-70 pubmed publisher..However, although Vps34 is required, it is not essential for optimal peroxisome biogenesis...
- Tahirovic S, Schorr M, Mayinger P. Regulation of intracellular phosphatidylinositol-4-phosphate by the Sac1 lipid phosphatase. Traffic. 2005;6:116-30 pubmed..We conclude that Sac1p functions in confining PtdIns(4)P-dependent processes to specific intracellular membranes. ..
- Obara K, Noda T, Niimi K, Ohsumi Y. Transport of phosphatidylinositol 3-phosphate into the vacuole via autophagic membranes in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genes Cells. 2008;13:537-47 pubmed publisherb>Vps34, the sole PtdIns 3-kinase in yeast, is essential for autophagy. Here, we show that the lipid-kinase activity of Vps34 is required for autophagy, implying an essential role of its product PtdIns(3)P...
- Gurunathan S, David D, Gerst J. Dynamin and clathrin are required for the biogenesis of a distinct class of secretory vesicles in yeast. EMBO J. 2002;21:602-14 pubmed..e. VPS34 and VAM3, respectively) have no effect...
- Herman P, Stack J, Emr S. An essential role for a protein and lipid kinase complex in secretory protein sorting. Trends Cell Biol. 1992;2:363-8 pubmed..Recent data on two of these genes, VPS15 and VPS34, are beginning to provide some fundamental insights into the mechanisms governing protein sorting within the ..
- LeBlanc M, McMaster C. Lipid binding requirements for oxysterol-binding protein Kes1 inhibition of autophagy and endosome-trans-Golgi trafficking pathways. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:33875-84 pubmed publisher..regulation of the autophagy/cytoplasm to the vacuole trafficking pathway was prevented by increasing expression of the PI3K Vps34, suggesting that it is the Kes1-mediated decrease in PI3P level that contributes to this regulation.
- Stack J, Emr S. Vps34p required for yeast vacuolar protein sorting is a multiple specificity kinase that exhibits both protein kinase and phosphatidylinositol-specific PI 3-kinase activities. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:31552-62 pubmedThe Vps15 protein kinase and the Vps34 phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase have been shown to function as a membrane-associated complex which facilitates the delivery of proteins to the vacuole in yeast...
- Budovskaya Y, Hama H, DeWald D, Herman P. The C terminus of the Vps34p phosphoinositide 3-kinase is necessary and sufficient for the interaction with the Vps15p protein kinase. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:287-94 pubmed..This study thus represents a first step toward a better understanding of how this Vps15p.Vps34p kinase complex is assembled and regulated in vivo. ..
- Conibear E, Stevens T. Vps52p, Vps53p, and Vps54p form a novel multisubunit complex required for protein sorting at the yeast late Golgi. Mol Biol Cell. 2000;11:305-23 pubmed..The Vps52/53/54 complex joins a growing list of distinct multisubunit complexes that regulate membrane-trafficking events. ..
- Alibhoy A, Giardina B, Dunton D, Chiang H. Vps34p is required for the decline of extracellular fructose-1,6-bisphosphatase in the vacuole import and degradation pathway. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:33080-93 pubmed..Moreover, the reduction of extracellular FBPase was also dependent on the VPS34 gene. VPS34 encodes the PI3 kinase and is also required for the Vid pathway...
- Araki Y, Ku W, Akioka M, May A, Hayashi Y, Arisaka F, et al. Atg38 is required for autophagy-specific phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase complex integrity. J Cell Biol. 2013;203:299-313 pubmed publisher..Autophagy is characterized by the formation of an autophagosome, for which Vps34-dervied phosphatidylinositol 3-phosphate (PI3P) is essential...