Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: VPS30
Description: beclin 1
Alias: APG6, ATG6, VPT30, beclin 1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Grunau S, Lay D, Mindthoff S, Platta H, Girzalsky W, Just W, et al. The phosphoinositide 3-kinase Vps34p is required for pexophagy in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Biochem J. 2011;434:161-70 pubmed publisher..This demonstrates that PtdIns3P-mediated signalling is required for pexophagy. ..
- Suzuki K, Akioka M, Kondo Kakuta C, Yamamoto H, Ohsumi Y. Fine mapping of autophagy-related proteins during autophagosome formation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Cell Sci. 2013;126:2534-44 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that Atg proteins play individual roles at spatially distinct locations during IM expansion. These findings will facilitate detailed investigations of the function of each Atg protein during autophagosome formation...
- Araki Y, Ku W, Akioka M, May A, Hayashi Y, Arisaka F, et al. Atg38 is required for autophagy-specific phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase complex integrity. J Cell Biol. 2013;203:299-313 pubmed publisher..autophagic activity was significantly reduced and PI3-kinase complex I dissociated into the Vps15-Vps34 and Atg14-Vps30 subcomplexes. We find that Atg38 physically interacted with Atg14 and Vps34 via its N terminus...
- Aguilar Lopez J, Laboy R, Jaimes Miranda F, Garay E, DeLuna A, Funes S. Slm35 links mitochondrial stress response and longevity through TOR signaling pathway. Aging (Albany NY). 2016;8:3255-3271 pubmed publisher..The results presented here suggest that Slm35 plays an important role connecting mitochondrial function with cytosolic responses and cell adaptation to stress and aging. ..
- Wiederhold E, Gandhi T, Permentier H, Breitling R, Poolman B, Slotboom D. The yeast vacuolar membrane proteome. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2009;8:380-92 pubmed publisher..Our work provides a wealth of information on vacuolar biology and a solid basis for further characterization of vacuolar functions. ..
- Maeda Y, Oku M, Sakai Y. A defect of the vacuolar putative lipase Atg15 accelerates degradation of lipid droplets through lipolysis. Autophagy. 2015;11:1247-58 pubmed publisher..Our data provide evidence for a novel link between autophagic flux and LD dynamics integrated with Atg15 activity. ..