Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: VPS3
Description: CORVET complex subunit VPS3
Alias: PEP6, VPL3, VPT17, CORVET complex subunit VPS3
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Conchon S, Cao X, Barlowe C, Pelham H. Got1p and Sft2p: membrane proteins involved in traffic to the Golgi complex. EMBO J. 1999;18:3934-46 pubmed..and found one that affects a previously uncharacterized membrane protein, Got1p, as well as new alleles of sed5 and vps3. Got1p is an evolutionarily conserved non-essential protein with a membrane topology similar to that of Sft2p...
- Lo S, Brett C, Plemel R, Vignali M, Fields S, Gonen T, et al. Intrinsic tethering activity of endosomal Rab proteins. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2011;19:40-7 pubmed publisher..In our working model, the intrinsic tethering capacity Vps21 operates in concert with conventional effectors and SNAREs to drive efficient docking and fusion. ..
- Balderhaar H, Lachmann J, Yavavli E, Bröcker C, Lürick A, Ungermann C. The CORVET complex promotes tethering and fusion of Rab5/Vps21-positive membranes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:3823-8 pubmed publisher..We therefore conclude that CORVET is a tethering complex that promotes fusion of Rab5-positive membranes and thus facilitates receptor down-regulation and recycling at the late endosome. ..
- Epp N, Ungermann C. The N-terminal domains of Vps3 and Vps8 are critical for localization and function of the CORVET tethering complex on endosomes. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e67307 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that the CORVET-specific Vps3 and Vps8 subunits, which interact with Rab5/Vps21, require their N-terminal domains for localization and function...
- Fayyadkazan M, Tate J, Vierendeels F, Cooper T, Dubois E, Georis I. Components of Golgi-to-vacuole trafficking are required for nitrogen- and TORC1-responsive regulation of the yeast GATA factors. Microbiologyopen. 2014;3:271-87 pubmed publisher..As a result, the current model describing participation of Vps system components in events associated with translocation of Gln3 into the nucleus following rapamycin treatment or growth in nitrogen-poor medium requires modification. ..
- Díaz Blanco N, RODRIGUEZ MEDINA J. Dosage rescue by UBC4 restores cell wall integrity in Saccharomyces cerevisiae lacking the myosin type II gene MYO1. Yeast. 2007;24:343-55 pubmed..These results point to Ubc4p as an important enzyme in the process of cell wall remodelling in myo1 cells. ..
- Stepp J, Huang K, Lemmon S. The yeast adaptor protein complex, AP-3, is essential for the efficient delivery of alkaline phosphatase by the alternate pathway to the vacuole. J Cell Biol. 1997;139:1761-74 pubmed..We suggest that some AP-3-dependent cargo proteins that regulate late steps in Golgi to vacuole transport are diverted into the Vps pathway allowing completion of transfer to the vacuole in the class E vps mutant. ..